why's the app randomly notifying me about threads I've never read/posted in?

Maybe I missed someone else asking a similar question, but the title pretty much says it all: why am I getting notifications for threads that I've never read or posted in? Most recently, I got an alert for "HERO5 + Karma = GoPro is Back", but it's been happening for the past few weeks.

FWIW, I'm on an Android phone, running the TGR-branded app (not the generic Tapatalk).

Am I the only one seeing this behavior?

Iphone does it daily now too. It must be the branded app.

I'm getting it too. Sucks.
    The Sheriff is near!

I get them too...it's annoying. I can see what Tapatalk has to say about it.

Android will let you suppress all notifications from a specific app, but that would also suppress the useful ones, like for PMs.

Happening to me too, with the TGR branded app. Just got a notification on my phone about Dhelihiker's Sacramento Bike Shop Reco thread. I've never been to Sacramento..

Happening to me as well. Got a notification about Castro around 3:00 this morning. Annoying. Previously turned off all notifications except PM's but still getting notifications about threads I've never even looked at. Please fix this.

It is a strange arrangement, but it appears that TGR doesn't have much to do with the app. That's run by Tapatalk, and unfortunately very poorly. There are a lot more bugs than this one.

I solved the problem by deleting the app. Now I use the mobile interface, which works fine. Actually, it is the "Metro" mobile interface that works fine. There is another mobile interface that is complete garbage, at least on my iPhone.