Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    What they all said...

The gimbal is nice for you to run around with...

https://www.facebook.com/601623503/v...613504/?type=3

The gopro apps on your phone can get you some useable stuff for quick edits to get more content, then every so often put together something with the video you shoot.

Gopro 7 is the first iterative improvement that has me thinking to go up from my 6.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Andrew - Great info, thanks! Yeah, if you're down this way when things dry out we should meet up at I St for sure. A friend's dad has the Karma Grip and it definitely works. Crazy smooth just running along side them down the trail. He also has gobs of footage sitting on SD cards no one has ever looked at.

Supermoon - Thanks. This will mostly be for MTB, so not too concerned with the waterproofing issues. Same goes for the audio issue generally, but good to know.

The Hero7 suggestion is interesting, assuming I can adjust the settings such that I can actually edit what I shoot. Not much more money for something far less bulky and complicated, plus full warranty and better resale value definitely sounds nice. Kinda hard to believe the HyperSmoove works as well as a gimbal in a handheld setting, but the clip of the guy trail running in the demo video looks pretty convincing. Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The Hero7 suggestion is interesting, assuming I can adjust the settings such that I can actually edit what I shoot. Not much more money for something far less bulky and complicated, plus full warranty and better resale value definitely sounds nice. Kinda hard to believe the HyperSmoove works as well as a gimbal in a handheld setting, but the clip of the guy trail running in the demo video looks pretty convincing. Hmmm....
    For 100 more the hero 7 is what I'd do. Just easier and as you said better resale value. Someone just posted a 30% off gopro friends/family coupon in the coupon thread, it may be taken now, but that would be sweet to find another one. Wonder who here has a GP connection....hmmmmm...a mystery....

Accessory suggestions?

Floating Handler is how mine lives most of the time it's not on a gimbal. Easy to just grab it and go.

Chesty for MTB seems to be the most popular mount for first person shots.

Lots of curved sticky mounts for helmets

The handle bar mount is awesome for putting on handlebars (duh), and ski poles, etc.

I have a tripod mount for mine, and got a monopod from Target for like $20. That lets me extend it out really long and you can reach out over places you can't get with your feet, or get high above something for a drone-like view.

Extra battery and two-battery charger is a bit spendy but worth it, IMO.

Hand warmers help extend batter life when it's cold.

Got the bar mount. Thought about the floating handle, but I'm thinking I can just use the bar mount on a piece of scrap PVC pipe.

Huge thanks to myles long for a discount code. Barely spent more than I would have on the used stuff.

we don't have any codes that I know of, if that is what you are referring to, muted
    heck I'm not even sure if andrew is still a gopro athlete anymore. trying to recall the last time he was sent gear which I think has been at least a yr

DTM- we do have lots of extra sticky helmet mounts etc- pm your addy and I'll put some in the mail to you for the boy
    skid luxury

Love this place for this.

Good recommendations, and hookups.

I forgot every mount I have and skied handheld today... yeah, a 7 would have helped.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

FYI - I just got some FF codes from GoPro. If anyone wants one shoot me a DM. It’s good for up to 30% off. Hero 7 is $100 off. Have three left I think.

I wish GoPro didn't drop this product line...

I crashed the Karma yesterday because I thought it was warm enough (it wasn't) and the battery got too cold on the flight over a lake, so I decided to crash it into the willows instead of the water. Broke the stabilizer and the stabilizer mount.

Anyone want to buy a Karma body and remote as an extra?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com