Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ghost stories

Ghost stories

Here's one--
    I heard at the funeral of my friend's father in law.
    He and his brother, both Czech Jews, survived a concentration camp. After the war the father in law came to the US, eventually to California. The brother went to Israel and lived on a kibbutz. He died in the Israeli war of independence in 1948. Near the end of his life in the 1990's my friend's father in law went to Israel for the first and only time. He traveled to his brother's kibbutz. As they neared the kibbutz their car died on a bridge over a wadi. He and the driver got out and looked under the hood. Neither of them knew a thing about cars of course, but that's what you do. Seeing nothing unplugged they got back into the car and it started. When they got to the kibbutz they met the father in law's old commander, who drove him to the spot where his brother had died. The same bridge.

Ghost stories

So His brother returned from the dead to give him car trouble? What an asshole.

As a kid, I lived very close to a revolutionary war battleground in New Jersey. One day when I came home from elementary school, I went into the kitchen and heard a loud noise coming from the other room. I entered the adjoining dining room and all the chairs at the table had been pulled out. I was the only one home at the time. I left the house and stood outside for a while as my heart pounded through my chest.

A girl named Ashley I used to know had the mother of all ghost stories from an old college dorm room she was moved to when she was sick of her shitty roommate. Her things kept disappearing or moving around the room and she would wake up with her alarm clock upside down. Things intensified until she started seeing a creature that was half girl half spider crawling on the ceiling. Her story is the scariest fucking thing I've ever heard and i know she was telling the truth. I tried to interview her on camera about it but she would never tell me the story again.
    Last edited by Evil E; 09-20-2016 at 05:52 PM.

BOO!
    watch out for snakes

Ghost stories

My grandpa died and his dog died the next day. She was like 10 too so old but not that old. They would go for drives etc everyday
    Sorry not really ghosts but kinda
    skid luxury

I once heard drum beats and Indian chanting blow around with the wind while being the only person at a very large, uninhabited for 900 years, Pueblo Village while the sun set. That same ruin has a shit ton of rattlers all around it. I swear they guard the place, I've almost stepped on a few. I've also heard animals scurry off or even follow us while walking through. It's a welcoming feeling though, it was never really scary.

The four corners/Colorado Plateau country is filled with strangeness. It's one of the many things I love about it.

I've been flagging a reroute for a trail on the far east side of Mount Elden recently. The area is very different from the rest of the mountain since it had a serious fire in 77, faces the east, gets a ton of sun, and is geologically very different as well. The volcano pushed up a bunch of red sedimentary rock so it's much more like being in the desert but back to the point, it's eerie as shit. There is just so much history and evidence of it everywhere. The archy sites are going to make finding a route that will be approved hard. There are pottery sherds everywhere and old pit house sites, burial sites (I have been told, I wouldn't know or care to identify), and although I haven't seen any I bet there are some rock art sites as well. Then there is the settler and old grazing cowboy history. There's all kinds of really old rusted junk from cans, little glass bottles, flasks, tools, etc. There is even a B-17 crash site that killed all five on board. So while flagging I'm out on my own 99% of the time and off the main trails and I swear I can feel something out there. Again, it's not scary it's just there. I fucking love that.
    Last edited by raisingarizona13; 09-20-2016 at 08:01 PM.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Back in college we lived for a few years in a completely creepy century house. Always heard random inexplicable noises but didn't think too much of it. No one ever went into the dirt basement with a crawlspace that went really far into what had to be the backyard for who knows what reason. My roommates and I had an old school stereo system with huge floor speakers next to the TV. On many occasions with nothing on, no tv, no stereo, nothing - the most evil sounding awful noises would come out of the speakers. Always late at night, sounded like what I would imagine to be the devil doing spoken word shit. Always happened when I was alone.

So one night we're all playing euchre and smoking a J and my one roommate asks the table, "so, has anyone heard the voice coming from the speakers?" All of us stopped dead in our tracks and said "yeah! I thought I was the only one it happened to."

It never stopped until we moved. Moved the stereo, plugged it in, in a whole new configuration with different components... same shit. Creeped the fuck out.

Never got rid of those speakers, (they were sweet Technics with 12's in the bottom!) and they never did that devil voice again when we moved the next year.
    I still call it The Jake.

Um ya......fuck all that! That's scary!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by Evil E View Post
    So His brother returned from the dead to give him car trouble? What an asshole.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    I once heard drum beats and Indian chanting blow around with the wind while being the only person at a very large, uninhabited for 900 years, Pueblo Village while the sun set. That same ruin has a shit ton of rattlers all around it. I swear they guard the place, I've almost stepped on a few. I've also heard animals scurry off or even follow us while walking through. It's a welcoming feeling though, it was never really scary.

The four corners/Colorado Plateau country is filled with strangeness. It's one of the many things I love about it.

I've been flagging a reroute for a trail on the far east side of Mount Elden recently. The area is very different from the rest of the mountain since it had a serious fire in 77, faces the east, gets a ton of sun, and is geologically very different as well. The volcano pushed up a bunch of red sedimentary rock so it's much more like being in the desert but back to the point, it's eerie as shit. There is just so much history and evidence of it everywhere. The archy sites are going to make finding a route that will be approved hard. There are pottery sherds everywhere and old pit house sites, burial sites (I have been told, I wouldn't know or care to identify), and although I haven't seen any I bet there are some rock art sites as well. Then there is the settler and old grazing cowboy history. There's all kinds of really old rusted junk from cans, little glass bottles, flasks, tools, etc. There is even a B-17 crash site that killed all five on board. So while flagging I'm out on my own 99% of the time and off the main trails and I swear I can feel something out there. Again, it's not scary it's just there. I fucking love that.
    I was at one of the AZ Anasazi pueblos--can't remember if it was Betatakin or Keet Seel. Nothing dramatic but I did have a feeling that the people had just left and were nearby. Maybe it was the kernels of corn still in a dish that was there.

One time an alien touched my dick

But he was TSA and likely legal
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

4 years ago I took my daughter and fiance down to Jerome (an old mining town on the opposite side of the Verde Valley from Sedona) to stay in the Grand Hotel. It's an old hospital turned hotel and famous for it's ghosts.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1834.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	833.8 KB 
ID:	188222

They have ghost reading toys so you can walk around with the kids hunting for ghosts or whatever. It's a fun family thing. We got readings, whatever that means but the only strange thing during our stay was having my daughter ask me what was happening to the woman in the next room over as her man knocked the back out of her. But when we got home and looked at our pictures there was this photo of Cody walking down the hall on the third floor with this perfect orb floating right over her head. The story about the third floor is of a woman and child that died while she delivered her baby. they claim the spirit of the woman walks the halls and follows around children. Kind of cool.

Name:	100_1849.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	971.0 KB 
ID:	188220

This is the grave site of a five year old boy, one of the Elden family. The mountain was named after them and their home was right here by Elden Spring. The story is that a man came through with a bunch of cattle and asked to use their trough (or something like that) and they said no, he rode off angry and took a random shot with his gun back toward the Elden's homestead that ended up hitting their 5 year old son. It's not a ghost story but it's just another part of the mountains history that makes it so damn cool.

Name:	IMG_0014.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	188226
    dirtbag, not a dentist

That's a camera artifact. Jesus
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post

and follows around children. Kind of cool.

Name:	100_1849.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	971.0 KB 
ID:	188220

This
    nice orb
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    That's a camera artifact. Jesus
    I used that camera for 5 years and never, not a single time did it produce any orbs in my pictures.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Ghost stories

Orbs are dust. It's been debunked. Just like rods

Why would beings that transcend death waste time fucking around earth
    Zone Controller

afraid of what they will be held accountable four wot they did when in the seven layer bio body suit

oar they do knot know they are dead
    watch out for snakes

Orbs are dust. It's been debunked. Just like rods

The rationalist side of me totally agrees with you but because of a bunch of weird experiences I've had I believe there is this unknown and I enjoy that.

Do you feel the same way about ESP?
    dirtbag, not a dentist

I think esp is real. I'm not what it does. Certainly animals have increased and extra sensory perception. People can too.

I'd like to see some evidence tho

I want to see the govt documents
    Zone Controller

I think esp is real. I'm not what it does. Certainly animals have increased and extra sensory perception. People can too.

I'd like to see some evidence tho

I want to see the govt documents
    My Border Collie knows when I've got a box of Cheez-Its when I come home from the store before I even get there. Fucking ESP.

Calvine ufo

How do I have this picture if it disappeared ?
    Zone Controller

Ghosts, not UFOs DD. Start your own thread.

I'm delegating that to you. Look at that photo. The British govt covered it up.
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    sometimes the dead come back to life but things are quite right

Name:  rodman.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  49.9 KB

Wow, some creepy stuff.

I don't really have one of mine own I guess, well, except that time that my father (who was played by Craig T. Nelson at the time) bought a house in a development that was built over an old cemetery. Later it turned out that the developer only moved the headstones. Nothing really happened though.

I only know some fairly famous ones for your enjoyment:

Check out the Lalaurie House in New Orleans. I've done about as much internet research you can do on this house and, basically, I doubt that most of the legends are true, however, I have no real doubt that some ghoulish shit went down there at some point(s): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delphine_LaLaurie

OK, OK, I know its not a haunted house thread.

Here's a ghost story for you that truly just a fictional ghost story:

Here's one from TX:

Near San-Antonio, there is a railroad crossing where a train collided with a School Bus and killed 14 children. Visitors to the town have noticed that cars have been randomly moved forward down the street with no explanation. Particularly, if you leave your car in neutral across the tracks at the railroad crossing where the accident took place, your car will be inexplicably pushed forward and off of the tracks; this, despite the ground being confirmed to be perfectly level. People have coated their trunks in talcum powder and have seen what appeared to be small fingerprints in the powder after the car has moved forward.

[spoiler: no record of such accident and the road is actually at a 2 percent grade]

This one is surely on the tour, but what the hell.... : Hotel Provincial, New Orleans: This hotel is built on the site of an old Civil War hospital. The building that the hospital was in burned in the late 1800's, so the hotel occupies buildings built in the early 1900's. People report seeing soldiers dressed in uniforms or fatigues from the civil war era to the 1930's era in various rooms of the Hotel. People have also reported seeing a vivid Civil War operating room scene on the other side of the elevator doors when they open.

[ok, surprise, surprise they see an civil war hospital scene knowing that the hotel is on the (supposed) hospital site.]

Brown Palace, Denver: If you ever stayed there just walk around outside your room late at night. I never saw anything that was particular, but its just kind of a nervous energy, not sure what the actual legends are though. also, probably on the tour, lol.

Also, Room 419, the movie is a pretty good movie if you like the whole haunted hotels thing.
    Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 09-21-2016 at 09:42 AM.

Evil E- where in jersey? I grew up 1 block from the Princeton battlefield. Every member of a buddy's family has seen the same ghost in their house, which was British barracks/medical facility at that time...
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent