Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Ghost stories

Yes, you posted the same photo in this very thread just over three years ago. The same post as which you referred to the spirit as Old Bill. Which is what I was pointing out.

But thanks for the defensive, detailed-riddled post!

Word retrieval fades along with your dick. You're vindicated. He never existed.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    If I said the shed was blue and it really was green would it change the fact about the spirit. Old lady across the road told me how Tom died. Told me in the shed. Told me the shed was attached to the house at one time. I'm not sure that the order of events were told in order. It does not make a difference to the facts.
    After my kids saw him and the NA felt his spirit, the kicker was 10 years later when my wife as part of her job saw the school psychologist reports
    on the two kids who lived in the house after us. They were 6mos and 2 y o when they moved in.

Really a cool 1st home for newly married, hippie, DINK, Mother Earth News subscribers.
    Attachment 313442
    I like how you referenced some random Native American in an effort to validate, as if everyone knows they're the drug sniffing dogs off the paranormal world. So odd to me.

Didn't you ever see Predator, man? They know stuff. They know.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Didn't you ever see Predator, man? They know stuff. They know.
    Great call! I was going Young Guns with Lou Diamond Phillips.

Rev, I'm sure what you believe is true for you and I'm just relating my experience. I'm just telling you what the NA guy said that was another hint about Old Bill (My wife reminded me at dinner that the dead guys name was Bill. I have CRS. Can't Remember Shit) I was helping the mover with one end of a bench and he slipped and almost kicked me in the nuts. His boot touched my denim. We both were embarrassed. I think it helped etch the memory. It was years later that my wife saw the reports about the girls seeing/sensing someone/thing.

Your tale of Old Lou will never leave me. Thank you again.

Then there was the time I had a business lunch with the Playboy pinup, the exNFL Rb and his wife. That went south, fast.

A friend took this picture of me on a wave and for the life of me I can not tell what that blob is hovering in front of me. You can clearly see its shadow on the wave and there definitely was nothing there. Digital camera glitch?

Name:  ghost on wave.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  31.2 KB

Satan?

Hard to say what that is Carp. Where is that?

Beautiful shot in any respect.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    A friend took this picture of me on a wave and for the life of me I can not tell what that blob is hovering in front of me. You can clearly see its shadow on the wave and there definitely was nothing there. Digital camera glitch?

Name:  ghost on wave.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  31.2 KB
    Great pic.

It looks like something breaching behind the wave you’re on and maybe casting a shadow?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I posted this in the creepy/ weird places thread......True story:

Many moons ago, when I was an 18 (!) y/o JONG, my buddies and I did an epic road trip from Albuquerque, NM to the PNW. We spent two weeks in the Cascades, climbing, drinking, smoking and generally just having the time of our then-young lives. There were four of us, and we'd drive in shifts; when the driver got too tired, one of the guys in back would take over and so on. The guy riding shotgun had one job, and one job only: keep the driver awake. The two dudes in back could crash, but (obviously) not the two dudes in front. Anywho, on the return trip home, we decided to go a different route, so we could stop at the Grand Canyon, continue south to Phoenix, east through the Superstitions, then back in to NM. Which led us to being in the town of Globe, AZ at 2:00 in the morning, staring at the map, trying to decide to head NE to Showlow, or SE to what would eventually put us in Lordsburg, NM. I was driving, my buddy Matt was riding shotgun, Rob and Chris were crashed in the back......

Me: "Lordsburg?! Fuck that dude. That'll put us too far south."
    Matt: " True, but it also keeps us from driving through the fucking Apache Indian Reservation at two in the goddamned morning.....Count me out."
    Me: "Who gives a shit? It's the quickest route, and I'm fucking tired."
    Matt: "Dude, look around you. This place is freaking me out, and we aren't even on the Rez yet...."

I looked up from the map, and immediately felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Globe, AZ was a fucking GHOST town. Literally. There was not a single person, vehicle, or animal on the main road through town. All the streetlights were flashing yellow, and of the houses I could see, not a fucking one had a light on, either inside or out. The town looked like one of those places that got hit by a neutron bomb, where it vaporized the people and left all the buildings standing. I looked at Matt, he looked at me, someone in the back ripped an ungodly fart, and I said:

"Screw this shit man, I'm getting us the hell out of here, and I'm ready to get home...."

So, like a total dumbass, at the end of town I hooked a left on US 77, and started driving right through the heart of the Apache Indian Reservation, at (now) 2:30 in the mutha fucking AM. And yes, that was a REALLY bad idea......

Now, let me say right off the bat, I don't (or at least I think I don't) believe in skinwalkers, shape-shifters, or any of that other shit. But if there is ever a place where one COULD believe it, that was it.....That road was fucking creeeeeepy....... It's about 85 miles from Globe to Show Low, which would take a little over an hour....In daylight. Without already being freaked out of our minds......It was absolutely pitch black, and we didn't see another living thing on that road, until..... about 30 miles South of Show Low......

Matt: " See, told you it wasn't that bad...Want me to drive for a while?"
    Me: "Whatever. You're fucking eyes have been bouncing around like a crackhead since Globe...."
    Matt: "Seriously. You said you were tired, and I've gotta take a piss."
    Me: " What are you, six? No way I'm stopping out here dude, hold it."
    Matt: "Now who's being a pussy? Just pull over on the shoulder, I'll make it quick..."

So I did.....And as we slowed down, from the back:

Chris: "Where the fuck are we?"

I nearly jumped out of my fucking skin, and Matt made some kind of squeaking noise; we had literally forgot about our friends in the back. After giving Chris all manner of hell for scaring the shit out of us, I brought the car to a stop, right on the side of the road, and told Matt to hurry his ass up....Now Matt had his left arm up on the seat rest, and was looking towards Chris in the back, who was sitting behind me. I was looking at Matt, and was getting ready to tell him, again, to hurry the fuck up, when I noticed his eyes; they were focusing out the rear left window, and getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger. At the same time, he started hitting my right shoulder harder and harder, while going "drive, drive, drive DRIVE, DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!" And right as I spun my head back to look behind me, WHAM, someone hit the trunk of the car, and kept right on running into the wilderness......

So Matt's screaming, Chris is screaming, Rob gets woken up out of a sound sleep screaming "what the FUCK!", and I've got the gas pedal down so hard I felt like I'd put my foot through the floorboard.....We fucking FLEW the rest of the way to Show Low, and stayed in a hotel the one and only time the whole trip. Fuck if I was driving at all until the sun came up, and I'm fairly certain I wasn't alone in my thinking...We told the old guy at the front desk what had happened, and he looked at us like we were out of our minds, then said, "Nobody drives that reservation road at night, boys.....Err body knows that." Well thanks, old timer, no shit.

So, you ask, who was it? Or WHAT was it? Well Matt swears it was a dude; he had the best, longest look at him (it). He will say to this day that while he was looking at Chris in the back seat, he caught some movement out of his peripheral vision, and when he focused in that direction, he watched a guy with long, black hair in jeans and a flannel shirt start walking out of the scrub bushes off the opposite side of the road... This is when he started hitting my arm. Then this dude starts RUNNING once he hits the blacktop....This is when Matt starts screaming at me to drive. And then the guy runs right behind the car, and gives the trunk a great big smack with his hand, never breaking stride, and runs off into the darkness...Chris will say to this day that he was still half asleep, but what really weirded HIM out was how fast the guy disappeared back into the dark; like literally as soon as he left the road, Chris lost sight of him. Rob will swear to this day that he didn't see a thing, that we scared the shit out of him, and fuck Arizona in general and that road in particular.....

And me? Well, remember that part in Oliver Stone's JFK where they're interviewing the dude watching the train yard behind the Grassy Knoll? And he says something to the effect that while he couldn't remember anything specific, but that there was a commotion, or that something seemed 'off' in the direction he was looking? That's how it was for me; I believe it was a guy, but I don't remember what clothes he was wearing, or how fast he was running, or anything else except.....except. Except right before he ran behind the car, I remember all I could see was the back of his head; he was running full speed at us, but looking DOWN the road from where we came.... And if it was a guy, what in the FUCK was he doing out there in the middle of nowhere? And what are the chances, on an 85 mile stretch of road, that the spot we pulled over at would be the exact same spot that homeboy was just chilling by the side of the road? And where in the fuck did he GO????? And I just looked down at my arms as I'm typing this and they're covered in goosebumps.......

The desert Southwest; old, and vast, and very, very, VERY fucking weird.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

^^ That is crazy, what the hell that guy doing out there? Maybe there is a dude hanging out every hundred yards and they just wait their turn to freak out lost white boys and perpetuate local legend...? Lol yeah that is a stretch.

The surf spot is at Bear Glacier about an hour boat ride out of Seward, Ak. When you zoom in on the pic you can so clearly see the blob and the shadow of blob, gave me the creeps when I first saw it even though the locale was opposite of creepy at the time.

Shadow of your guardian angel?

Looks like you were sharing the wave.

The camera will see what the eye can not.

Loose a surfing friend in the last few years?
    watch out for snakes

I told a pretty good ghost story here:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...331096-DIY-Art

post #83 in that thread might get to the meat of the matter. I'm kinda weirded out... the fictional main character is dealing with the after affect of a co worker who had drown in a work accident. Of course it was a catharsis for me to write about it as it had happened to me in real life about 10 years ago.

I had written the description of encountering the ghost of the guy out there at the same surf break several months before that pic was taken... this is so bizarre as I'm putting this together right now...