Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    no sickgnars for bitter blue square bunners

move along
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Here's a photo of the day mineral basin lines were insane. Photo was taken a few minutes before they dropped the rope. If I recall correctly it was about 18" of fresh. 2 goddamn glorious runs, but a 45 minute wait after lap 2 sent us elsewhere. Is it ski season yet?

I'm no fan of lines, but 18" in Mineral on a bluebird day for some "godamn glorious" runs? I wouldn't mind waiting for that every once in a while

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    oh and this is closer than youd think

depending on how much good shit your willing to pass or sample on the way

still faster to hike up from alta and not ride lifts at all
    not to mention you can start earlier, which you need to in the wasatch
    but we get it, you got a boner for solitude

Alta has some crowds today and there's only 10" of snow

My last time at Snowbird we timed it right for a Mineral Basin rope drop. It was good but the skiing on the front side without the whole rope drop scene was more enjoyable even if was mostly chop. I actually love chop, maybe as much as a fresh line.

I must be getting old because the terrain openings with heavy crowds isn't exciting or pleasurable any longer for me. I'd rather just get the fuck away from everyone. I think that if you have skied back country for years the whole in bounds race for fresh thing loses it's glitter.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

C'mon now jongs.... NEVER take that third lap into mineral no matter how good it looks.

DO come back late in the day for some wind buffage.
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    My last time at Snowbird we timed it right for a Mineral Basin rope drop. It was good but the skiing on the front side without the whole rope drop scene was more enjoyable even if was mostly chop. I actually love chop, maybe as much as a fresh line.

I must be getting old because the terrain openings with heavy crowds isn't exciting or pleasurable any longer for me. I'd rather just get the fuck away from everyone. I think that if you have skied back country for years the whole in bounds race for fresh thing loses it's glitter.
    QFT. Chop is really fucking fun. Especially when the wind gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    Alta has some crowds today and there's only 10" of snow
    Fighting for freshies on Rope Drop

Heard Snowbird was better

(PC: LoneStar)

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    How the fuck does a place like Revelstoke get lines, aren't they in the middle of nowhere?
    Lots of locals that ski + lots of unemployed skiers + employers that let you take pow mornings + one way up the mountain = a long wait to start the day. Once up, you might have a couple of long waits at the Stoke chair, but none at the Ripper. Generally, by 11 half the crowd has gone to work, avalanche control is finished, the crowd spreads out and there are no more lineups.

long lines at mineral basin even when conditions are regular from what i saw

very pretty, if you into that -- also nobody seems to ski the far skiers right in mineral basin - that zone is fukin bomb

i chose the darkside...gad valley

i pass up nothing, take what must be taken
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

sounds like its already crowded
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    I predict some of the biggest crowds ever this year. Best year for the middle class in a decade and high stock market, plus east coasters will especially head west, as people tend to book based upon the previous years snowfall.

Solitude for the win. Especially if SFB is giving private hut tours.
    Fuckers... this is all true...
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011