Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 4FRNT Inthayne

Quote Originally Posted by Jongle View Post
    You're really making me want to pick up a pair of Inthaynes. I'm about your size and also ski mainly at Whistler. Could you compare the Inthaynes to the 184 Devastators? I tried the latter and didn't quite get on with them, partly because they don't have much tip taper and weren't keen on being thrown sideways to scrub speed in the heavy snow we get up here.
    I’ve owned 184cm Devs and REALLy liked them. I agree the 184cm Dev (at -5) felt a bit long at times. Then I had an epiphany about 3 yrs ago and asked myself why a 5’7”, 160 lb guy is skiing skis >184? Sold my 184s. 181 is my size now. 3cm matters. I’ve even skied my fiancé’s 174cm Devs, they skied fine. I’ve recently asked 4FRNT for a 180cm Dev? Haha

Re the InThaynes. They’re not as burly as the Rens, and I’ve never skied the EHPs but I would say the 181 inThaynes are similar in stiffness to a Dev. Just slightly more scrubable than a 184 Dev? Not sure if it’s the 3cm shorter length (vs 184 Dev) or the tapered tip shape on the InThayne. I just feel that when skiing the InThayne centered they are a super versatile ski. So far I haven’t had any issues in deep pow, old wind blown pow, packed pow and crap conditions (heavier pow on crust) or icy patches. I don’t think the InThaynes are super damp....more like super nimble?

Here they are sniffing out Baker pow....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3956.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	186.2 KB 
ID:	263408

Gettin stoked. Pulled the trigger on some blem 188's that'll show up Thursday - will get straight pull length and pics for those wonderin

kc: good to chat with you dude... I honestly had never really looked at the Inthayne as I figured it was a symmetrical pow jibber ski based on Thayne's ski movie segments but looks like I was dead wrong. The lower tip rocker is appealing... can't remember if I mentioned it to you on the chair but the Hoji as too much rocker for an all arounder for me, and the Renegade is just too big if it's not deep pow (but it rules in that).

4FRNT Inthayne

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    kc: good to chat with you dude... I honestly had never really looked at the Inthayne as I figured it was a symmetrical pow jibber ski based on Thayne's ski movie segments but looks like I was dead wrong. The lower tip rocker is appealing... can't remember if I mentioned it to you on the chair but the Hoji as too much rocker for an all arounder for me, and the Renegade is just too big if it's not deep pow (but it rules in that).
    Ya was good to meet you too Gramboh.

One caveat for this thread.... I got in decent shape this year. I’m 160 lbs and fit. The last five years I’ve been skiing at closer to 180 lbs. Maybe if I was the 20 lbs heavier the 181cm Inthayne would feel/ski different for me?

I do think skiing the Inthayne at -5.5 to -6 (rec) makes it more versatile ( less jibby). I don’t think it’s a super burly charger (ie. a Renegade replacement), but the shape is fun and easy to ski everywhere as so far it seems good on groomers, steeps, bumps, pow. It’s been my go to ski this year in my first 20 days (and I also own PBJs, 105 & 115 Nomads and 117 Meridians).

Looking forward to more reviews.
    Last edited by kc_7777; 01-09-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Got my blem 188's in today - measure about 185cm on the dot. Didn't notice any blems besides some divots in the topsheet that are only noticeable in certain light. These skis seem solid and where an absolute deal from the stash. Attacks come in monday to mount em up, way stoked.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190110_195707.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	872.5 KB 
ID:	263796  

4FRNT Inthayne

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLanTheman View Post
    Got my blem 188's in today - measure about 185cm on the dot. Didn't notice any blems besides some divots in the topsheet that are only noticeable in certain light. These skis seem solid and where an absolute deal from the stash. Attacks come in monday to mount em up, way stoked.
    Excited for you. Makes me want to buy a second pair of 181 blems for a backup.

Where you gonna mount? I went +0.5cm (-5.5 from tc) from recommended (cause I have a short bsl) and I’m happy there.
    Last edited by kc_7777; 01-15-2019 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks! Idk yet to be honest. When nerding out on specs I find it strange they recommend -6cm for both sizes (181 and 188).

This makes me assume the 188s may feel more forward on recommended? Or they do that to make it easier to handle the bigger ski?

-4 or so from center sounds super interesting and appropriate for a playfull pow twin but I'm pretty sure I'll take the safe route and go on rec

*edit - playfull may not be the best word, these things are pretty stiff everywhere but the tips

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    You're the one who saved me. Thank you! I had those in my cart a couple times before backing out.
    lol haha your very welcome.
    Last edited by racesla; 01-12-2019 at 01:23 AM.

4FRNT Inthayne

Looking forward to more reviews on these.

Just skied boilerplate at Baker on the InThaynes. Conditions sucked but these things were as good as any. Surprised at their hold on ice for rockered skis.

Also just shipped out my 2017-18 Moment Meridian 117s today. Skied them just a few days. Had purchased them new in Sep from SAC for $449 (Sold them his week on eBay for $410) Out just $39 plus approx $30 shipping. Not a bad loss....had to do it as the Meridians were not getting any hill time as I like the InThaynes better.
    Last edited by kc_7777; 01-15-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Good to hear, the meridian 117 was a ski I was contemplating before grabbing the inthaynes.

Got a day on them and enjoyed them. Can relate that I was pretty impressed how hard they bit on firm snow for a 115+ rockered ski. Will give my full impressions when I get some more laps on 'em in better/different conditions

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLanTheman View Post
    Good to hear, the meridian 117 was a ski I was contemplating before grabbing the inthaynes.

Got a day on them and enjoyed them. Can relate that I was pretty impressed how hard they bit on firm snow for a 115+ rockered ski. Will give my full impressions when I get some more laps on 'em in better/different conditions
    Have you had any more time on them? Just found this thread, it's made me very interested in this ski. Would be nice to hear some more opinions on them, especially in the 188 length

curious as well about further feedback on these

Looks like Blister will be reviewing them: https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...4frnt-inthayne

There's a pair for sell in the gear buy/sell forum! $300

I keep seeing this thread, thinking it’s the Mike Tyson model
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I keep theeing thith thread, thinking it’th the Mike Tython model
    FIFY.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Got my first day on the Inthayne this week, very interesting and unique ski. Hated it first coupla runs, then got used to it, then really started jiving with it. Absolutely blast in pow and chopped pow, fatiguing in firmer bumps though. Will report back with more details once I have them.
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    Got my first day on the Inthayne this week, very interesting and unique ski. Hated it first coupla runs, then got used to it, then really started jiving with it. Absolutely blast in pow and chopped pow, fatiguing in firmer bumps though. Will report back with more details once I have them.
    Thanks for the info, still haven’t gotten out on my 181s I plan to use for meadow skipping/ pow touring. Hoping there isn’t an adjustment from Hojis/Chipotle Bananas/Devs etc

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Thanks for the info, still haven’t gotten out on my 181s I plan to use for meadow skipping/ pow touring. Hoping there isn’t an adjustment from Hojis/Chipotle Bananas/Devs etc
    It feels like a stiffer Renegade, that is a litter surfier. its got more of a twin tip so stabbing kicks will be a bit tougher, and definitely not as intuitive as the Hoji, but it doesnt take a ton of time to get used to.
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

4FRNT Inthayne

It feels like a stiffer Renegade, that is a litter surfier. its got more of a twin tip so stabbing kicks will be a bit tougher, and definitely not as intuitive as the Hoji, but it doesnt take a ton of time to get used to.
    Intriguing. I’m surprised how flat they are, which made me feel better about downsizing from my usual preference for 186-188cm pow skis for the resorts. But of course they got the big twin tip. I think I’ll finally get some time on them this season and I’ll post some thoughts, they’ll be skied with a Solly QST pro which is closer to a 50/50 boot than a touring boot. Barely any chatter about these.

4FRNT Inthayne

So I got my first couple of days on them during a New England storm cycle this past week. Took me about 1/2 a run to get used to 181 length (vs my usual ~186-187s I run at the resorts) and I immediately almost went over the bars, but that also could have been due to this being the first time I used the boots I wear for touring this season, who knows. I’m 37, 5’7’’, ~173lbs coming out of two years with back issues. I’ve got them mounted with shifts for 50/50 touring and resort use.

I really like these things, they remind me of my clapped out 186 EHPs with a little more side cut which doesn’t seem to affect the ride in deeper snow. Super slashy in powder, and I was surprised how much fun I was having with them on the soft groomers, they’ll hook into carves some shin pressure. Would like to get more time with them on firmer/chunkier stuff and in some steeper terrain but I’m stoked with them so far. No issues with float and they seemed at home in a mix of lighter, medium and heavy snow on the hill.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1679070966.977306.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	800.3 KB 
ID:	452214

4FRNT Inthayne

Name:	Image1705067306.810130.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	482653

Name:	Image1705067541.359345.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	936.3 KB 
ID:	482654

Noodlin the schmoo, really happy with these. The radius feels like BS, they are plug and play with my other 30m+ radius pow skis