Check Out Our Shop
Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2027

Thread: Wildlife

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Do owls rip heads off animals? The past week I found 2 rabbits on my street with their heads gone with their bodies intact. Just weird they weren’t eaten, just beheaded. Read somewhere owls may do that.
    My cat does that.

Do owls rip heads off animals? The past week I found 2 rabbits on my street with their heads gone with their bodies intact. Just weird they weren’t eaten, just beheaded. Read somewhere owls may do that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    We have two neighborhood cats that have gone on a baby rabbit killing spree over the past month. I have found a few corpses, and the neighbor has complained about the presents she keeps recieving from kitty. I saw one of the cats trotting through my front yard earlier this week dragging a full grown rabbit by its limp neck. Impressive. Straight up predators. Pretty happy about my garden and the lack of rabbit nibbling that has happened.

My money is on a cat. They are psychopathic and would do something like rip the head off and then play with it like a ball.

I have a lot of bobcats out here, likely them. Just weird they aren’t eaten. Outdoor cats don’t last long here unless they are total badasses, which may be the case.

Pretty sure those were vampire/zombie rabbits.

I had a dead deer some asshole hunter left with an arrow in it, I lived on “hoot owl lane”, nested outside my bedroom, I caught him ripping that carcass to shreds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7136.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	493746  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	otter.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	493752

Name:	otter 1.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1,008.6 KB 
ID:	493753

Bunch of dumb asses on the side of the road

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

And once in the mtns, found a few of these guys living under the picnic table at a campsite I stayed at

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    And once in the mtns, found a few of these guys living under the picnic table at a campsite I stayed at

I'm starting to think that you live in or across the street from hell.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Maybe my favorite part of Vegas.

"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I'm starting to think that you live in or across the street from hell.

Haha, possibly. There is a heat wave coming....

One more shot from last week. And yes I need new shoes....

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post

Gals??

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Heard a wolf howling the other night here in VT. I’ve listened to coyotes yip my entire life so definitely was them. Only other place I’ve heard wolves was in Montana when I was living there. It was pretty crazy. I was shocked to hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    vermont fish and wild life - no wolves in vermont

So I found something by the river near my house. Its like a beaver lodge, but instead of being made of sticks and mud, its made of grass and reeds, and instead of floating in the water, its in a marshy area just next to the river.

I can post a pic if you guys are curious, but there really isn't much to show more than my description.

Theres no evidence of beavers anywhere around, no damns, no trees gnawed etc, and I know beavers have to gnaw trees cus their teeth are always growing.

I have seen river otters here. I thought they lived in burrows dug into river banks, do they make reed type lodges as well?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Oddly enough, on rare occasions, deer have actually been known to do this. Just the heads, because they aren't doing it for calories or protein, but rather some sort mineral or essential nutrient they are lacking in their diet.

But a domestic cat is probably most likely.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post

Name:	otter.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	493752

Name:	otter 1.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1,008.6 KB 
ID:	493753
    Super rare to see one just chillin right? Sick pictures dude looks like a homie.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    So I found something by the river near my house. Its like a beaver lodge, but instead of being made of sticks and mud, its made of grass and reeds, and instead of floating in the water, its in a marshy area just next to the river.

I can post a pic if you guys are curious, but there really isn't much to show more than my description.

Theres no evidence of beavers anywhere around, no damns, no trees gnawed etc, and I know beavers have to gnaw trees cus their teeth are always growing.

I have seen river otters here. I thought they lived in burrows dug into river banks, do they make reed type lodges as well?
    Muskrat push-up

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Muskrat push-up
    Oh shit yea, I think you got it. Just looked up their wiki entry, it says they eat mostly cattails, the nest thing is in cattails, I'm guessing they eat theheads and build with the stalks, so you got it. It also says they can hold their breath for up to 17 minutes while actually actively swimming underwater. Thats cool.

Wiki also said muskrat populations are collapsing nationwide, so its pretty cool to see homies got a good home near my home.

Oddly enough the wiki page also has a picture of a muskrat fur coat. I had no idea. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muskra...ks,_jacket.jpg

I’ve been watching this nest every day with my toddler, it is right above his car door in the carport. Today we came out and I could hear the hawk on the roof with mom. I haven’t had the heart to tell him. Chicks had molted yesterday and he was stoked to notice.

Name:	IMG_5696.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	318.8 KB 
ID:	495056

Wildlife

More owl stoke

Name:	IMG_4604.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	936.8 KB 
ID:	495059

Sent from my island using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

^^^ I love Owl stoke!

Name:	img_1_1718579346296~2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	135.1 KB 
ID:	495157

Dayum - super quality image!!

xpost from view right now. Not everyday I get to hold a hummingbird

Name:	1000003084.jpeg 
Views:	4 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	495173
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.