Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    took fentynal for a week all I had to do was ask for more kinda weird nurses asked me if I needed more and I just showed that panic in my eyes nod my head since my arms were tied to the bed and then I turn my neck alittle bit where the port was like I was asking to pass the bowl and they doesed me
    looking forward to having the experience again in a few years cause it was s o much fun but I don't get the choice not too just how life is
    being intubated for a couple days wasn't really worth that kind of fun though

I totally get why people like opiods I like them too but I at least have a switch to know when its good or bad at least I think I do

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think fent has a much narrower range between feeling it to OD. Heroin, for all its evils, actually has a pretty wide range between the two.
    Heroin isn't evil. If it was Schedule II (like it should be) and had a brand name it would be used every day in hospitals right alongside morphine, fentanyl and Dilaudid.

I’m sure this has been posted already (maybe even by me) but it seems appropriate.

I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I’m sure this has been posted already (maybe even by me) but it seems appropriate.

You can post this in any thread and you have my full support. I am a heavy Morphine enthusiast.

The first time me and Mrs Noonan ever got busy, this album was playing while I drove us home from a party. It may well have been what sealed the deal that night.

Hard to get more Gen X than that, eh.

Maybe I should finally schedule my colonoscopy. I've been putting it off. My last anesthesiologist OD and died after my surgery. I just take all the prescribed drugs and trade them for boomers.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Heroin isn't evil. If it was Schedule II (like it should be) and had a brand name it would be used every day in hospitals right alongside morphine, fentanyl and Dilaudid.
    Yea honestly I think I should be able to buy it over the counter to keep in a first aid kit but thats not the world we live in.

Broke my hand at big sky, freak thing, just fell in nice soft pow but my ski whacked my hand as it came off. Told the guy at the ER I wasn't addiction prone and would like a heavy narcotic because it was swollen and painful after skiing down and driving all the way to the Bozeman hospital. He happily gave me oxycontin for the win.

When I did my ACL in Salt Lake, the fucking ortho refused to give me a narcotic, and gave me goddamn stupid ass tramadol instead. Wish I'd had that talk with him before choosing him but said fuck and took the tramadol. Did nothing for the pain. My hairline receded an inch over like a week. Figured out later thats a somewhat sort of common response to it. I mean I guess I shouldn't be vain, but still, for some bullshit that didn't even do much for the pain I was pissed. I had no receding hairline before or even in the decade since. Fucking goddamned tramadol is bullshit. I think it has some other weird more dangerous possible side effects too but I can't remember them. Just remember researching them after and thinking I dodged a bullet with the hairline being it.

Interestingly, the ortho I saw about my hand that I broke in MT, was horrible. Had some incompetent assistant put my cast on on a friday, wasn't till that night I realized it was in a horrible horrible position. Tried to hold my healthy hand in the same position just to see and it started hurting. They weren't open so I started putting the oxy up my nose to get through the weekend. When I saw him on Monday, he angrily asked what I really wanted, did I just want more drugs? Cus he'd write me a scrip to get me out of there so he could deal with patients with real problems. Stuck the shitty ass casted hand in his face and told him I wanted a cast in a position that wouldn't make my hand heal like shit. Then he tried to sell me surgery like a used care salesman, said it didn't matter if the cast was in a bad position because my insurance would pay for surgery anyways. Fuck that guy. I could see the glint in his eye thinking about his new golf clubs or whatever when he said insurance would pay for the surgery. Got a better cast, stopped putting the pills up my nose and went back to swallowing them like a normal person and skipped the elective surgery and healed fine. Of course had the physical dependency and stomach issues after a couple weeks of starting the oxy, but it really wasn't that hard to quit. Just remembered skiing exists and I was done. I'd rather deal with that than tramadol.

The biggest evil of opiates is DRs prescribing them for chronic pain, especially to people who don't know any better and don't have the willpower to quit, or something worth quitting for like skiing. They should never be for chronic pain, unless someone is terminal.

Agreed about the band Morphine. That slide bass just grooves.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    The first time me and Mrs Noonan ever got busy, this album was playing while I drove us home from a party. It may well have been what sealed the deal that night.

Hard to get more Gen X than that, eh.
    I’ll argue with anyone that the 90s were the last great decade for reasons like yours among many others. Simpler times. Carefree. Kickass music.

I’ll argue with anyone that the 90s were the last great decade for reasons like yours among many others. Simpler times. Carefree. Kickass music.
    For sure. Nobody had cell phones, and nobody had digital cameras. The odd time you'd see a developed photo someone took of you somewhere, and it was so cool thinking back to that event which would have likely been 6 months ago. Having to meet up with friends at a predetermined location and time, people were late sometimes, so you'd end up hanging with others doing the same shit. Things seemed to move quickly back then but in hindsight were still quite slow. The internet comes out, and it was such a cool, wild-west kind of place, with all the chat rooms and weird websites and personal pages and stuff. Think like your favourite ski resort before Vail came along and wrecked it.

And the cars - the 90's had power windows, mirrors, fancy new ABS brakes, airbags, and if you ever got in one with a car phone and 6-CD changer in the trunk you knew you were riding with someone important.

The 1990's fucking rocked. Seinfeld, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and the greatest Hip Hop era of all. Get on an airplane easily, and they'd even toss you a (sometimes shitty) meal. Chicks wearing bellbottoms and tight shirts, Jurassic Park blew our minds, Sharon Stone showed us her pussy, and things were just generally less crowded. Mortal Kombat changed video games forever.

If I had a time machine I'd go back.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    For sure. Nobody had cell phones, and nobody had digital cameras. The odd time you'd see a developed photo someone took of you somewhere, and it was so cool thinking back to that event which would have likely been 6 months ago. Having to meet up with friends at a predetermined location and time, people were late sometimes, so you'd end up hanging with others doing the same shit. Things seemed to move quickly back then but in hindsight were still quite slow. The internet comes out, and it was such a cool, wild-west kind of place, with all the chat rooms and weird websites and personal pages and stuff. Think like your favourite ski resort before Vail came along and wrecked it.

And the cars - the 90's had power windows, mirrors, fancy new ABS brakes, airbags, and if you ever got in one with a car phone and 6-CD changer in the trunk you knew you were riding with someone important.

The 1990's fucking rocked. Seinfeld, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and the greatest Hip Hop era of all. Get on an airplane easily, and they'd even toss you a (sometimes shitty) meal. Chicks wearing bellbottoms and tight shirts, Jurassic Park blew our minds, Sharon Stone showed us her pussy, and things were just generally less crowded. Mortal Kombat changed video games forever.

If I had a time machine I'd go back.
    This sir, deserves to be the first post in a 90s appreciation thread. Please, go on.

Amen.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Was the heroin better in the 90s?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It was mixed into the extasy. So yes.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Maybe I should finally schedule my colonoscopy. I've been putting it off...
    If you’re not at risk for colon cancer, you might consider talking with your doc about Cologuard. As nice as the colonoscopy drugs are, the prep work pretty much sucks donkey. My last check was with Cologuard, I’m a fan.

Not that it’s much fun shitting in a box.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    If you’re not at risk for colon cancer, you might consider talking with your doc about Cologuard. As nice as the colonoscopy drugs are, the prep work pretty much sucks donkey. My last check was with Cologuard, I’m a fan.

The only problem is that if cologuard finds any abnormality you have to then get a real colonoscopy and it is no longer considered preventative but diagnostic and insurance won't likely cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    The only problem is that if cologuard finds any abnormality you have to then get a real colonoscopy and it is no longer considered preventative but diagnostic and insurance won't likely cover it.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    This.
    Yeah - my doc talked me out of it because of these reasons. So GET ME THE DRUGS!!

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Lighten up Francis. We're on ski forum on which we encourage each other to engage in a sport that hurts, permanently disables, and kills some of us every year. Frequently within our own community. We have a whole forum dedicated to the discussion about it. Where's your call for removing posts that talk about how much fun it is to ski fast, jump off cliffs, fly in helicopters, or take any of the other risks so many of us enjoy?

The truth is that speedballing feels awesome. I'll be the first to admit that it also carries some pretty serious health risks, especially for those who don't know how to take responsibility for their choices. But like the skiing analogy, when gapers ski into avalanche prone terrain and get killed, we don't call for a ban on skiing. When people grow to love taking those risks and structure their lives around taking them and eventually and predictably die doing what they love, we don't call for a ban on those activities. Where's the thread calling for a ban on fat skis and recco jackets? You know that sort of equipment really lets people who don't know any better get in way over their heads and gives them a false sense of security! The ski shop dude who sold (prescribed?) the stuff told them it was safe!

It's a hard thing to accept for those of you who effectively want to teach "celibacy only" when it comes to drugs, but there are hundreds millions of people - the majority by a 9-1 margin - who use addictive chemicals for utility and recreation without causing any harm to themselves or anyone else. Are the exceptions to that rule heartbreaking? Absolutely. But sort of like driving, which is also incredibly utilitarian and for some people, fun - we're not going to ban cars because some people kill themselves or others. Also like cars, we should do a better job of educating ourselves to maximize opportunities for harm reduction. But it is incredibly irresponsible of you to suggest that the key to public safety is making sure we all keep pretending that drug use doesn't exist.
    Decided to peruse the early pages of this thread a bit and had forgotten about this gem, perfectly spot-on. Current drug policy is so infantilizing it's absurd.

I hope stfu&gbtw is doing alright. I miss his posts. Hopefully his house didn't blow away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Decided to peruse the early pages of this thread a bit and had forgotten about this gem, perfectly spot-on. Current drug policy is so infantilizing it's absurd.
    Agreed. That's a quality post.

Legalize it all...

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post

Better than shitting in a bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Well, fentanyl wasn't widely rampant in the supply.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Better than shitting in a bag.
    or dying
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Aww leroy tramadol is a narcotic.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    It was mixed into the extasy. So yes.

This urban myth still exists?!

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    snip

the greatest Hip Hop era of all. snip
    Can not be stressed enough. So much incredible music came out of the 90's

yeah I wondered what he was talking about, I still got a big bottle with the opiod dependance caution sticker on the label,

I took the 6 days of hydro morphinea and started on the tramadol but I didn't like it, tramadol made me jumpy as hell, and the hydro morphine gave me hicups for 6 days so post acl i got off all that & shit just used IBU

receding hairline, really never heard that one ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know