Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    why the fuck do they keep putting fentanyl in blow? It doesn't make any sense to me. If they want to cut blow there's plenty of cheaper stuff easily available, why put something in it that might subject you to a murder charge?

It's weird enough that it seems like something else must be going on, like maybe somebody with an agenda is putting it in there.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    why the fuck do they keep putting fentanyl in blow? It doesn't make any sense to me. If they want to cut blow there's plenty of cheaper stuff easily available, why put something in it that might subject you to a murder charge?

It's weird enough that it seems like something else must be going on, like maybe somebody with an agenda is putting it in there.
    Why kill off your whole target clientele?

This shit decimated and is still destroying many lives in my hometown (SW PA / WV) part of the reason I moved west.

Best friend snorted coke laced with Fentanyl and never woke up. 3/1/16.

Sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Why kill off your whole target clientele?
    Well if your goal was tighter restrictions on drugs or perhaps continued funding of the war on drugs because you make money off it, a bunch of deaths might further your agenda. /crackpot theory

Who knows but it's a very weird thing that it keeps happening.

There is probably very little cocaine in the blow. To sell it, the Man needs something cheap that will get you high. Lactose, or some other cutting agent doesn't do the trick. Coke is still a designer drug. The name can be as important as the high itself. Some people want to get high. They enjoy the aura of cocaine, but they might as well be snorting nutmeg.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Is the fentanyl blow combo supposed to be some variation of the old speedball that offed so many in the 80s? I don’t get the combo either or why cut it w that of all things ? Scary shit. Never got the attraction of opiates. When I partied i wanted to party and lie still for fear of puking if I moved

heroin isnt heroin anymore, i'm betting Cocaine isnt either, they tested a bunch of street drugs in Vancover and something like 70% contained Fentynal cuz its cheaper and easier to get
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Re fentanyl in cocaine, I've read it's not really intentional, just the result of people cutting different drugs at the same time or with the same equipment ei cross contamination.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Well if your goal was tighter restrictions on drugs or perhaps continued funding of the war on drugs because you make money off it, a bunch of deaths might further your agenda. /crackpot theory

Who knows but it's a very weird thing that it keeps happening.
    I can see the logic in this, but ultimately I think that it's just basic black market economics; it's just so much easier to smuggle and handle quantities that are 100 times smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    There is probably very little cocaine in the blow. To sell it, the Man needs something cheap that will get you high. Lactose, or some other cutting agent doesn't do the trick. Coke is still a designer drug. The name can be as important as the high itself. Some people want to get high. They enjoy the aura of cocaine, but they might as well be snorting nutmeg.
    Cocaine is fashionable, but that doesn't make it a "designer" drug. Otherwise, agree with the rest of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Re fentanyl in cocaine, I've read it's not really intentional, just the result of people cutting different drugs at the same time or with the same equipment ei cross contamination.
    Not an either/or. It can be in there unintentionally or intentionally.

but Fentynal is still in a lot of street drugs however it gets in there is immaterial,

a very small amount of Fentynal can cause you to OD
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inq...outputType=amp

Former NHL player Jimmy Hayes just died of what appears to be a bad batch of cocaine laced with fentanyl. Props to his family for coming forward with it.

The high school I went to in the Cape Ann area of Massachusetts had around 425 students when I graduated in ‘04 and I’ve lost count of how many people I went to high school with who died from fentanyl overdose.
    Nothing in this article even HINTS that he died from blow that was laced with fentanyl. Quite the opposite, in fact. It suggests he was hooked on painkillers, which is 100% consistent with a fentanyl overdose, regardless of whether he was knowingly taking fentanyl or thought it was heroin or some other opiate.

I am looking for it now but I read a pretty good article on it recently suggesting that coke is likely almost never laced with fentanyl, and that it is usually (1) a case of something thinking they are mixing heroin and coke, which is historically a popular combo or (2) tiny amounts of accidental cross-contamination due to sloppy drug cutters/dealers.

There is a lot of bullshit hysteria about fentanyl created by cops, suggesting it is a danger to them because it is airborne, etc. All 100% bullshit.

Not suggesting people aren't OD'ing on fentanyl, because they obviously are, but it's usually because they think they are taking heroin or some other opiate. Also, let's be real about this: fentanyl works like a motherfucker if you like opiates, so why are we choosing to believe that lots of people hooked on painkillers wouldn't straight-up buy fentanyl knowing exactly what it is? They sure as shit would.

This makes a lot of sense, especially with how potent fentanyl and carfentanyl are.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Is the fentanyl blow combo supposed to be some variation of the old speedball that offed so many in the 80s? I don’t get the combo either or why cut it w that of all things ? Scary shit. Never got the attraction of opiates. When I partied i wanted to party and lie still for fear of puking if I moved
    There is a limit to how high you can get off opiates before your breathing stops and you die. The point of a speed ball is to take enough cocaine to counteract the respiratory suppression effects of heroin and get more high than you'd otherwise be able to get without killing yourself.

The problem is that cocaine isn't as long acting as opiates, so when the cocaine starts to wear off you need to re-up or else you run the risk of ODing. The heroin entices you deeper and deeper into the hole, closer and closer to the ultimate feeling of pleasure. All of the inputs in your somatic nervous are overwhelmed with a message of pleasure- it's like being in the whom and feeling your mother's love completely envelope you. You feel pleasure and love within every fiber of your body.

Take too much (or have the blow wear off) and eventually your autonomic nervous system also gets overwhelmed and you stop breathing and die.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    This makes a lot of sense, especially with how potent fentanyl and carfentanyl are.

There is a limit to how high you can get off opiates before your breathing stops and you die. The point of a speed ball is to take enough cocaine to counteract the respiratory suppression effects of heroin and get more high than you'd otherwise be able to get without killing yourself.

The problem is that cocaine isn't as long acting as opiates, so when the cocaine starts to wear off you need to re-up or else you run the risk of ODing. The heroin entices you deeper and deeper into the hole, closer and closer to the ultimate feeling of pleasure. All of the inputs in your somatic nervous are overwhelmed with a message of pleasure- it's like being in the whom and feeling your mother's love completely envelope you. You feel pleasure and love within every fiber of your body.

Take too much (or have the blow wear off) and eventually your autonomic nervous system also gets overwhelmed and you stop breathing and die.
    That's the best explanation as to the sensation that heroin provides I've read.

Scary as fuck, too.

WTF is up with the heroin?

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Nothing in this article even HINTS that he died from blow that was laced with fentanyl. Quite the opposite, in fact. It suggests he was hooked on painkillers, which is 100% consistent with a fentanyl overdose, regardless of whether he was knowingly taking fentanyl or thought it was heroin or some other opiate.

I am looking for it now but I read a pretty good article on it recently suggesting that coke is likely almost never laced with fentanyl, and that it is usually (1) a case of something thinking they are mixing heroin and coke, which is historically a popular combo or (2) tiny amounts of accidental cross-contamination due to sloppy drug cutters/dealers.

There is a lot of bullshit hysteria about fentanyl created by cops, suggesting it is a danger to them because it is airborne, etc. All 100% bullshit.

Not suggesting people aren't OD'ing on fentanyl, because they obviously are, but it's usually because they think they are taking heroin or some other opiate. Also, let's be real about this: fentanyl works like a motherfucker if you like opiates, so why are we choosing to believe that lots of people hooked on painkillers wouldn't straight-up buy fentanyl knowing exactly what it is? They sure as shit would.
    Edit: I’ll come back and clean up or clarify my clumsy posting regarding the Hayes OD. The article I linked was something i hastily found when the article I read and wanted to link was behind a paywall.

Hayes’ father made statements that he was at one point addicted to opiate painkillers. My understanding was that he and his family no longer considered him an addict and that he died doing rec drugs contaminated with fentanyl.

Lots of street drugs around here in NE (mostly opiates/heroin) are being laced and/or cross contaminated with fentanyl with fatal consequences, which was my main point.

I'm sure they are, but if you're hooked on opiates, you probably WANT fentanyl, at least to the extent you know what you are getting and can control the dosage.

WTF is up with the heroin?

Of the ~dozen or so fentanyl OD’s off the top of my head that I was referring to in the post, the cause of death was attributed to a ‘’bad batch’’ of heroin that was unknowingly laced with fentanyl. These people did not want to take fentanyl. This info was relayed to me by both close friends and family of the deceased and echoed by the small-town rumor mill. I’m not an expert on the matter, just sharing anecdotes.

at least to the extent you know what you are getting and can control the dosage.
    Which is of course impossible with black market distribution. Heroin lasts longer, so that's one reason why it's preferable to fent besides being far less likely to kill you.

Big problem w fentanyl use is it has a second order metabolism. First it is rapidly redistributed… but as tolerance builds and the dose goes up you fill up the first “ redistributed” compartment you start to use the second which is the actual liver metabolism. That is like 6 hours instead of 20 minutes. That’s why medical professionals die…the dose goes up until they all of a sudden spill into that 6 hour and are found dead in a call room. Same goes for the heroin addict who takes a big dose of fentanyl.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post

I've been hearing of "speed balling" for 40 years but never actually knew what it was until just now. Totally makes sense for rich addicts with time to chase it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post

Scary as fuck, too.
    At most, 30% of people who try heroin become addicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    At most, 30% of people who try heroin become addicted.
    Weird.. I know about a dozen people who were addicted to heroin at one time or still are. I don't know anyone who has legit tried it and was one and done...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    but Fentynal is still in a lot of street drugs however it gets in there is immaterial,

a very small amount of Fentynal can cause you to OD
    No shit, did it sound like I was advocating for it?!

Prince.. Tom Petty...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    That's the best explanation as to the sensation that heroin provides I've read.

Scary as fuck, too.
    Thanks man.

I had a brief period in my life of using medicinal intravenous opiates. I'll never forget the first time I felt the warm sensation of morphine traveling up my arm. Time slowed as the warmth crept up my arm until the morphine got to my heart, where it was pumped up to my brain. Waves of indescribable pleasure overcame me. The intense pain I had been feeling was a distant memory. Of all the substances I've tried, I loved opiates the most.

When I came off the IV morphine, I was put on various oral Rx opiates. After a month and a half of working down the ladder rungs of potency to low dose hydrocodone and tramadol, I realized that I was extremely tolerant and dependent of opiates- I couldn't sleep without them. I quite cold turkey and never went back.

I've never been so captured by something. The feeling morphine provided so completely lined up with my personality and my biology- I wanted it more than anything once I felt it for the first time.

I'm sure they are, but if you're hooked on opiates, you probably WANT fentanyl, at least to the extent you know what you are getting and can control the dosage.
    User want the high. Producers and dealers want profit. It is way cheaper to bolster low grade heroin with fentanyl than it is to produce high grade heroin.

Fentanyl is extremely hard to dose properly in a recreational setting. Here's a lethal dose-
    Attachment 391753

Carfentanil is even more potent.

Your average junky (or even the most above average junky) has no way to accurately measure dosage of something that potent.