Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Able was I ere I saw Elba.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    My wife works with fentanyl everyday. She told me of a local anesthesiologist last year who od'd in his call room overnight. Even the experts are not immune.
    Fuckup anesthesiologist perishes from his fuckedup anesthesia. Thus the circle circles.

My wife works with fentanyl everyday. She told me of a local anesthesiologist last year who od'd in his call room overnight. Even the experts are not immune.
    Oh, I think that we'd all be a bit freaked out about the extent of drug abuse by medical professionals, if we knew.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    I got some fentanyl last summer in the ER so they could do the reduction on my wrist fracture. They brought in a respiratory therapist in case I stopped breathing. It blacked me out, but I was still talking to the doctor - total nonsense according to my wife, but I have no memory. When he yanked on my hand for the reduction I apparently screamed like banshee - again, no memory whatsoever. After I came to, my wife had a crazy look her face and said ,"you don't remember any of that? I'll tell about it when we get home." Then as I was still super stoney on the stuff for a while afterwards, the RT kept nudging me and reminding me to breathe. That was weird. The staff showed grudging appreciation of my Michael Jackson jokes.
    The reason for you not remembering is almost certainly due to the Versed(midazolam) that they give along with conscious sedation.

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    I guess it's cheaper to employ a "respiratory therapist" than an anesthesiologist... I can imagine that dude's first day on the job...

"So what do you want me to do exactly?"

"We're going to give this guy a ton of fentanyl instead of putting him under. You watch him and if he starts turning blue, nudge him and tell him to breathe."

And you hope bus drivers don't text while they work...
    You're out of you element here, this is common practice.

I was referring to an actual doc who was self-administering.

Anesthesiologists are the only docs who can legally give fentanyl and they almost never over-administer (they don't prescribe btw) so not sure where you are getting that. Even if they did over-administer in an O.R. setting, they have drugs that will immediately reverse the effects.
    They give conscious sedation with fentanyl and versed in the ER and other setting all the time without anesthesiologists. Where do you guys get your info?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Granted this is probably not their thought process as much, but with fentanyl you can serve a large population with less product. Smaller, easier to smuggle shipment.
    It's going to get worse before it gets worse with something else.
    Bingo! That is totally the reason , instead of trying to smuggle 100kilos of heroin you can smuggle 1 kilo of F and buy a blender to cut it up with ... How many hot spots could you end up with?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post

They give conscious sedation with fentanyl and versed in the ER and other setting all the time without anesthesiologists. Where do you guys get your info?
    I thought I heard my wife say that (Anesthesiologist), but I must have misheard as I do remember now that other docs use it for procedures. Those other docs who handle it less may be the ones making the errors that STFU referred to.

Shit, paramedics give fentanyl.

A few years ago there was an Anesthesiologist here in Ak, who would always save a little fentanyl for himself, by shorting doses. His wife, a physician, puzzled by her husbands increasingly strange behavior, eventually noticed the track marks around his wrist hidden under his watchband. She turned him in; they are no longer married; He's no longer "officially" an Anethesiologist.
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

You're out of you element here, this is common practice.
    It was a joke, moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

I thought I heard my wife say that (Anesthesiologist), but I must have misheard as I do remember now that other docs use it for procedures. Those other docs who handle it less may be the ones making the errors that STFU referred to.
    Fentanyl isn't only used for procedures. It is frequently used for pain management in the ER and recovery room. Midlevel providers such as NP's and PA's can order fentanyl.

A high school acquaintance died from an oxy OD, but that was probably 10 years ago now. Only personal connection I know of.

I've gotten some hefty doses of IV morphine before. Granted, I was in some serious pain, but I found it pretty underwhelming. Nice, but hardly an earth shattering experience. Hydro and oxy are nice for an evening once in a while, but the only time I've ever truly needed oxy for more than a day I couldn't wait to get off it. For me, long-term opiate use sucks balls. Miralax with every meal and still barely shitting, constant itching, and no sleep. I can't imagine how miserable it is being a junkie.

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    It was a joke, moron.
    Sure it was

Anesthesiologists are the only docs who can legally give fentanyl...
    I'm pretty sure that's not completely accurate, at least the way I read it. Paramedics can, and do, administer it in my state, according to the state's protocols of course.

It's kind of amusing when it's given where I work - generally for bad bone fractures - the patient, when asked about the pain says that it still hurts but it's clear that they just don't fucking care and usually start giggling or laughing. It seems like a pretty good feeling.

Edit to add that come to think of it my wife's oncologist also prescribes it.

Another edit: what wildmanwillie and z3 said.

I was referring to an actual doc who was self-administering.

Anesthesiologists are the only docs who can legally give fentanyl and they almost never over-administer (they don't prescribe btw) so not sure where you are getting that. Even if they did over-administer in an O.R. setting, they have drugs that will immediately reverse the effects.
    When I had my ass piped a few months back, the Dr said she was giving me fentanyl in the IV. No anesthesiologist in the room. So you sure about that? And the buzz was great for about 1 second before it knocked me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Sure it was
    Touched a nerve, eh? (No pun intended of course.. this sort of stuff is very serious.)

Well if it makes you feel any better, I hope only you get anesthetized by a guy moonlighting as a bus driver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Other docs with sedation priveledges give fentanyl.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Also, fentanyl has a rapidly increasing tolerance requiring ever escalating doses. The funny thing about its pharmacokinetics is that it has second order metabolism. The first is a redistribution, fast down from the effects. The problem is when you fill that compartment the effects last a real long time (respiratory depression). Eventually you get to that dose and end up dead.

It's the most common drug of abuse by anesthesiologists. And quite a few end up dead.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

"The network of drug companies and nonprofits known as the Pain Care Forum spent more than $880 million on campaign contributions and lobbying nationwide from 2006 to 2015 to influence state and federal policies, including opioid advocacy, according to a joint investigation from The Associated Press and the Center for Public Integrity."

Opioid makers, allies gave $1 million to Utah politicians

http://www.cachevalleydaily.com/news/state/article_b4def705-a6c8-5cd1-8788-4529d868a9ec.html

This pervert mikeyb keeps sending me private messages.

Fuck off kid
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    When I had my ass piped a few months back, the Dr said she was giving me fentanyl in the IV. No anesthesiologist in the room. So you sure about that? And the buzz was great for about 1 second before it knocked me out.
    Same. Lights fucking out. Think they call it twilight sedation.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post

Fuck off kid
    he can send me all the messages he wants. He's allright.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    I got some fentanyl last summer in the ER so they could do the reduction on my wrist fracture. They brought in a respiratory therapist in case I stopped breathing. It blacked me out, but I was still talking to the doctor - total nonsense according to my wife, but I have no memory. When he yanked on my hand for the reduction I apparently screamed like banshee - again, no memory whatsoever. After I came to, my wife had a crazy look her face and said ,"you don't remember any of that? I'll tell about it when we get home." Then as I was still super stoney on the stuff for a while afterwards, the RT kept nudging me and reminding me to breathe. That was weird. The staff showed grudging appreciation of my Michael Jackson jokes.
    (sig picture) back in the day (1978) we'd build these big-ass "1/2 pipes" one 4x8 sheet of plywood wide. we had one, 8ft transition 4ft flatwall. I tried dropping in on it (again 1978. on my powerflex board 7 3/4 x 28 inch). What in the vernakular is called a "spoon break" resulted, (stop reading if you are faint-of-heart) think of all your weight crunching your hand back parallell to your arm. Fucked my wrist up bad.

According to my mom the orthapedist took 30-45 minutes yanking my wrist around trying to get the bones back where they belong. She said I was concious and screaming the whole time and to this day I remember nothing after being on a gureny being wheeled in the OR. Don't remember the breathing part.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post

Fuck off kid
    Is he sending you pictures of his junk?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Is he sending you pictures of his junk?
    da-dum-ching
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Ask Jerry about it, oh wait.
    watch out for snakes

Jerry, Phil, Brent.....
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.