Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Heroin is for people who can't afford the good stuff. You want to get really high, morphine in the vein is the way to do it. The bioavailability isn't very favorable when you eat it, and even worse snorting it. But they sell morphine conveniently prepared for iv injection. Put a little methamphetamine on top... Hell yeah. Shit is out of this fucking world. You weed smokers have no idea...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Pain pills are certainly how it starts for many. I've talked about this in another thread, but several people I graduated with in HS (2012 for those playing along at home) have since OD'd. The worst was a methadone overdose on a Friday, opioid clinics will give a weekend dose to last two days. This happened during a particularly humid mid-Atlantic weekend, they found the body Sunday night in his parked vehicle in a lot because of the smell. My senior year you had to be careful whose bowl you packed on, you didn't want to be using a piece that had crushed oxy in it earlier that night.

I've mixed pills and alcohol on a few occasions and have had two lady friends that really enjoy the combination. Generally a winner when going to see live music imo. When I was in WA this past spring with the lady friend we slept in her subie to avoid paying for hotels, the night before we went to the tulip fest we stayed in Conway down a fishing access road. In the morning we woke to an SUV driving towards us, turns out two junkies with a fat sack and glass bulb. We sat and talked for a bit while they smoked and I got some second-hand, I certainly noticed the light feeling of my body and elatedness. I can understand why someone would chase that dragon but it is not for me, I watched heroin tear apart a family member's life several years ago. Funny enough the same family member destroyed any chance of a real professional career with a coke habit in the late 80's.

Drugs are absolutely what you make of them. Clinics that provide safe space/clean needles/etc are a step in the right direction but the monetization of drugs and the escape that they provide will always push the impoverished towards their use and generally towards crime. Our current system is a self fulfilling prophecy. I am curious how many on this board disdain parents of home-age children who use opiates, which is abhorrent, but rub shoulders with functioning alcoholics who have children of the same age.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/magazine/...EmL/story.html

Last edited by ghosthop; 09-18-2016 at 02:12 AM.

WTF is up with the heroin?

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Heroin is for people who can't afford the good stuff. You want to get really high, morphine in the vein is the way to do it. The bioavailability isn't very favorable when you eat it, and even worse snorting it. But they sell morphine conveniently prepared for iv injection. Put a little methamphetamine on top... Hell yeah. Shit is out of this fucking world. You weed smokers have no idea...
    that is horribly dangerous advice that you just posted and you should be ashamed and delete your post

No he shouldn't. That's the beauty of TGR. It can get ugly. Don't like it? Get the fuck out or shut the fuck up.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The point of all my raving is that a lot of the blame for the current situation should be blamed not on the drugs themselves but on bad prescribing practices by docs--sometimes for money,
    This.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I knew it was getting bad when I started seeing TV ads for Opioid Induced Constipation...DURING THE FUCKING SUPERBOWL!!
    That was a $10m ad buy.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    that is horribly dangerous advice that you just posted and you should be ashamed and delete your post
    He's a Kratom junkie, leave him alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    No he shouldn't. That's the beauty of TGR. It can get ugly. Don't like it? Get the fuck out or shut the fuck up.
    Yeah but you are also a retarded anti - vaxxer who disbelieves in science and intentionally puts other people's children and loved ones (potentially millions) at risk by not vaccinating "Owen".

So I could give a flying fuck about what you have to say because you literally don't believe in science.

Ok bye.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    He's a Kratom junkie, leave him alone.
    Funniest shit I've read on this forum in a while.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    I knew it was getting bad when I started seeing TV ads for Opioid Induced Constipation...DURING THE FUCKING SUPERBOWL!!
    That was a $10m ad buy.
    Before I saw this post, all I was thinking while reading this thread was how do do these addicts shit? What's their secret? Metamucil, prunes, and poorly heated Mexican street food?

Taking anything more than 5mg of whatever pain pill and I'm uncomfortable the next day.

Between the stresses of modern life and the extremes of the financial spectrum, coupled with the oxy/vic/fentanyl push by Big Pharma, it's easy to see how it happens. Remember 'mothers little helper'? Plus the whole monoblock drug education doesn't bother to distinguish between weed and smack.

Personally, I've been through it as well as meth and coke lifestyles. I know I have an addictive personality and having grown up with alcoholics, I'm really wary of being oblivious to these habits. I've had friends go down that road and wreck their lives and die of aids and disappear into the lowlife ether. I think it's sad and stupid since life is so amazing, but that's their choice.

As far as all the condemnations, there but for the grace of skiing go I. I wasn't born with a sufficient silver shovel in my mouth to look down on the people who live hooked and my brother was one of them. I still think it gets back to the meaninglessness of life and how much we've allowed ourselves to be reduced to corporate cocksucking and bling.

Everything matters, more love, art and madness people.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Having been treated for acute pain related to trauma, I can say that Fentanyl is fucking awesome. I wouldn't use it recreationally. I was given Morphine first in the ambulance, 20mg IV, and it didn't do shit. First thing in the ER I was given Dilaudid and I could barely notice it. The trauma doc on call was a buddy and he saw me and immediately went and got another friend an anesthesiologist. Once he got there I got a couple mics of Fentanyl and finally got a little relief until he got my epidural w/ Fentanyl pump going then things finally started to settle.

In order of potency I would put Morphine, Dilaudid and then Fentanyl. I imagine Heroin falls somewhere between morphine and dilaudid. Oxy seems like candy after the first couple of days and I would quit for about 5 days because I could see where continued use would cause problems with tolerance and dependence. I can see how people who are just chasing a high can get all kinds of fucked up on these drugs.

I don't know about that. There is one famous fictional junkie who was constantly concerned with such matters, much to his detriment.

Fentanyl is an absolute money maker for drug traffickers and that is entirely because of its potency," said lawyer Bick when he made his case against a fentanyl dealer in provincial court this month.

"It can be bought for $7,000 a kilogram in China and diluted 100 times to make several million doses of street heroin or fake OxyContin."

Compared to last year, the percentage of illicit drug deaths in B.C. where fentantyl was involved has more than doubled this year so far — showing the steep rise in fentanyl's presence on the streets.

Fentanyl overdose deaths in B.C.
    B.C. Coroners Service records show the steep rise of fentanyl's prevalence in overdose deaths in the province. For 2016, only deaths from January 1 to June 30 are available. (CBC)
    Quick up, quick down

Fentanyl triggers the same reward pathway of pleasure and pain release as other opioids, said Drs. Wood and Maté. Whether its withdrawal is any different is unclear.

Here^^ is why more people are dying, they buy a brick of F and cut it with a nutribullet blender . But the amount you have to dilute this stuff which is hundreds of times more potent can't. Be done accurately so people OD it's all in the CBC news link that nobody read
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I snorted fentanyl one time 12-13yrs ago, a bump smaller than the size of an eraser tip put me out, shit scared me because if the buddy that served it to me didn't I would of cut a line out like Vicodin or Coke size and died on the floor. Never touched it again. Buddy died a few months later.

Soon after I fled south western PA to the PNW. That whole Ohio, PA, West Virginia area is getting hit hard and has been for over a decade. Rust belt.

Lighten up Francis. We're on ski forum on which we encourage each other to engage in a sport that hurts, permanently disables, and kills some of us every year. Frequently within our own community. We have a whole forum dedicated to the discussion about it. Where's your call for removing posts that talk about how much fun it is to ski fast, jump off cliffs, fly in helicopters, or take any of the other risks so many of us enjoy?

The truth is that speedballing feels awesome. I'll be the first to admit that it also carries some pretty serious health risks, especially for those who don't know how to take responsibility for their choices. But like the skiing analogy, when gapers ski into avalanche prone terrain and get killed, we don't call for a ban on skiing. When people grow to love taking those risks and structure their lives around taking them and eventually and predictably die doing what they love, we don't call for a ban on those activities. Where's the thread calling for a ban on fat skis and recco jackets? You know that sort of equipment really lets people who don't know any better get in way over their heads and gives them a false sense of security! The ski shop dude who sold (prescribed?) the stuff told them it was safe!

It's a hard thing to accept for those of you who effectively want to teach "celibacy only" when it comes to drugs, but there are hundreds millions of people - the majority by a 9-1 margin - who use addictive chemicals for utility and recreation without causing any harm to themselves or anyone else. Are the exceptions to that rule heartbreaking? Absolutely. But sort of like driving, which is also incredibly utilitarian and for some people, fun - we're not going to ban cars because some people kill themselves or others. Also like cars, we should do a better job of educating ourselves to maximize opportunities for harm reduction. But it is incredibly irresponsible of you to suggest that the key to public safety is making sure we all keep pretending that drug use doesn't exist.
    Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Granted this is probably not their thought process as much, but with fentanyl you can serve a large population with less product. Smaller, easier to smuggle shipment.
    It's going to get worse before it gets worse with something else.

I got some fentanyl last summer in the ER so they could do the reduction on my wrist fracture. They brought in a respiratory therapist in case I stopped breathing. It blacked me out, but I was still talking to the doctor - total nonsense according to my wife, but I have no memory. When he yanked on my hand for the reduction I apparently screamed like banshee - again, no memory whatsoever. After I came to, my wife had a crazy look her face and said ,"you don't remember any of that? I'll tell about it when we get home." Then as I was still super stoney on the stuff for a while afterwards, the RT kept nudging me and reminding me to breathe. That was weird. The staff showed grudging appreciation of my Michael Jackson jokes.

Yeah but you are also a retarded anti - vaxxer who disbelieves in science and intentionally puts other people's children and loved ones (potentially millions) at risk by not vaccinating "Owen".

So I could give a flying fuck about what you have to say because you literally don't believe in science.

Ok bye.
    This shit made me crack up. Best post in sometime from u

Fyi mikeyb sent me a creepy pm

I asked if he was sexually harassing me and he said "you wish"

He's super bent over me having a little fun in his sactown food rec thread ...of all things.
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    I got some fentanyl last summer in the ER so they could do the reduction on my wrist fracture. They brought in a respiratory therapist in case I stopped breathing. It blacked me out, but I was still talking to the doctor - total nonsense according to my wife, but I have no memory. When he yanked on my hand for the reduction I apparently screamed like banshee - again, no memory whatsoever. After I came to, my wife had a crazy look her face and said ,"you don't remember any of that? I'll tell about it when we get home." Then as I was still super stoney on the stuff for a while afterwards, the RT kept nudging me and reminding me to breathe. That was weird. The staff showed grudging appreciation of my Michael Jackson jokes.
    I guess it's cheaper to employ a "respiratory therapist" than an anesthesiologist... I can imagine that dude's first day on the job...

"So what do you want me to do exactly?"

"We're going to give this guy a ton of fentanyl instead of putting him under. You watch him and if he starts turning blue, nudge him and tell him to breathe."

And you hope bus drivers don't text while they work...
    Hugh Conway sucks

Word. Fortunately the fact that I can't stand needles has saved my life. I pass out five out of 10 times if I even see a needle.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Having been treated for acute pain related to trauma, I can say that Fentanyl is fucking awesome. I wouldn't use it recreationally. I was given Morphine first in the ambulance, 20mg IV, and it didn't do shit. First thing in the ER I was given Dilaudid and I could barely notice it. The trauma doc on call was a buddy and he saw me and immediately went and got another friend an anesthesiologist. Once he got there I got a couple mics of Fentanyl and finally got a little relief until he got my epidural w/ Fentanyl pump going then things finally started to settle.

In order of potency I would put Morphine, Dilaudid and then Fentanyl. I imagine Heroin falls somewhere between morphine and dilaudid. Oxy seems like candy after the first couple of days and I would quit for about 5 days because I could see where continued use would cause problems with tolerance and dependence. I can see how people who are just chasing a high can get all kinds of fucked up on these drugs.
    There's a wikipedia chart listing the relative "strength" of opioids relative to morphine... But in practice, it's all about the bioavailability and delivery mechanism. So rarely can you buy the chemicals in their most potent and unadulterated form...
    Hugh Conway sucks

My wife works with fentanyl everyday. She told me of a local anesthesiologist last year who od'd in his call room overnight. Even the experts are not immune.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    My wife works with fentanyl everyday. She told me of a local anesthesiologist last year who od'd in his call room overnight. Even the experts are not immune.
    It's actually not that uncommon for dr.s to accidentally prescribe overdoses when they fail to account for switching between ir and er doses, and even just fucking up the math going between mg's and ml's.
    Hugh Conway sucks

It's actually not that uncommon for dr.s to accidentally prescribe overdoses when they fail to account for switching between ir and er doses, and even just fucking up the math going between mg's and ml's.
    I was referring to an actual doc who was self-administering.

Anesthesiologists are the only docs who can legally give fentanyl and they almost never over-administer (they don't prescribe btw) so not sure where you are getting that. Even if they did over-administer in an O.R. setting, they have drugs that will immediately reverse the effects.