Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    There is a drug problem in EVERY high school. Some worse than others, but still...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

And never underestimate the ingenuity of American capitalism
    http://www.businessinsider.com/price...cketing-2016-7

"naloxone has seen drastic price increases in recent years, according to information provided by Truven Health Analytics, a healthcare-analytics company. A popular injectable version of the drug has gone from $0.92 a dose to more than $15 a dose over the last decade. An auto-injector version is up to more than $2,000 a dose."

BITD I flew to New Zealand 3-5 time's a year. My bud says " take a couple of these on your flight. My wife got them after her back surgery". Drank two beers and ate the pills. I fucking floated above my seat for 10 hours and "my hands felt like two balloons"..........Fucking sweet ride with literally not a fucking care in the world and that was just the old school pure OXY. Easy street to H for sure. Never again for me. Vibes to the kids on smack. Long climb out of that hole. Urban, rural, rich,poor....awful.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    There is a drug problem in EVERY high school. Some worse than others, but still...
    um that's not what we called it when we were in high school...

edit: didn't mean to diminish on the huge loss of life that's happening with this shit....which is def different than what was around the towns back in the day.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    there are dozens of us! dozens!

oxys are harder to get now
    When I had surgery a year ago they gave me a shitload of oxy that I didnt even need. I would have been fine without any. I took a few just cause and gave the rest away....

No money in pot for the Mexicans, and they have a pretty good distribution network already set up.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Americans have 5% of the world population and 80% of pain pill use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

^ you say that like it's a bad thing...

Haven't ever understood the getting hooked part. Sometimes I read the forums and people write about getting a 240 pill script and eating them all in 10 days and then scrounging around until their next refill... How many months could you do that before you realize you can only get so high so many times before the shit doesn't work any more?

I seem to recall having posted something about loving drugs... And I do! But only when they work, and when you take them all the time, they don't work. I don't know if people struggle with the idea that they're the ones who won't get hooked nearly as much as they struggle with wishing the next handful of pills would get them high. Whatever it is, it's a bummer, but it's not the chemical's fault. Drugs are good, m'kay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Ok yeah but people are killing themselves with this shit.

I can't do drugs. I had shoulder surgery only took 1/2,dozen Vicodin in two weeks. I can't function at all on that shit.

I'd rather smoke
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Ok yeah but people are killing themselves with this shit.

I can't do drugs. I had shoulder surgery only took 1/2,dozen Vicodin in two weeks. I can't function at all on that shit.

I'd rather smoke
    I've got probably a half pound of weed I'm not going to smoke... I'll trade you.
    Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Excellent linkage sir. Fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Excellent linkage sir. Fascinating.
    Makes me wanna fuck with junk
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    I've got probably a half pound of weed I'm not going to smoke... I'll trade you.
    Lowball offer pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    What i figured

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    was gonna go prine but cash knows
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    What i figured
    Meh... Everyone knows if weed was any good, that shit would be illegal.

Just look at kratom...
    Hugh Conway sucks

A man needs to understand his limitations and doing hard / addictive drugs is not a behavior that is going to work for anyone.
    I would prefer to see all of this stuff legalized BUT you need to go into the clinic to get your shot (that will not kill you) and sign up for counseling to help you get off it.
    Merica's War on Drugs is an utter failure and has only ruined the lives of millions of people. Look at my beloved Mex, can't even go there anymore because it is such a dangerous narco state. That is totally on Merica's failed drug policies.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/16/health...oin/index.html

This was the front page article on CNN this morning. My wife's family is located in Eastern KY about an hour from Huntington. The place is a total and complete shithole. She has a sister who has been an addict for the last 8 years. She lost her kids and husband about that time. 5 years ago she gave birth again to a baby that her mom has now been raising since day 1. She is now a full on meth head, smoking every 15 minutes according to some neighbors. The real fucked up thing is that she is now 8 months pregnant again. Terrible thinking about that poor baby. Luckily she got arrested last night so hopefully they can help the baby a bit before it's born. Her 19 year old daughter is who was finally able to get her arrested, after walking in on her smoking meth, she actually offered it to her daughter. WTF!! My wife's niece knew someone in the sheriffs office and talked them into raiding the house.

Oh and as soon as we found out she was pregnant I offered to pay for an abortion, but was told that was a sin by her mom.

Loss someone I knew too-didn't think that was going to happen.

Anecdotally not sure if I see the linkage to legal weed and decreased use. We have a big problem here in Maine. With a bit of cash and a visit to the right clinic, medical marijuana card is easy to get. Pill problem was so bad the legislature has stepped in and the docs need to take all the pills away.

Wife works in hospital and the number of drug cases they see is amazing. I am convinced we could solve our health care costs if we could solve 2 problems: drug epidemic and senior senility (care facilitates dump them on hospitals and say they can not take back because they can not care for them-so they stay in the hospital while a suitable place is found) The first one is infuriating because people are doing the trust fall with drugs expecting society to be there to catch them and all their costs.

While opiate addiction is certainly a big problem I don't think it is as huge as it is being made out to be. The incidence of abuse and addiction among people who receive prescription opiates is about the same percentage as substance abuse is in the general population--about 10%. The fact that opiates are addicting, unlike drugs like cocaine and alcohol, which makes treatment more difficult, certainly. There are things physicians can do to significantly reduce abuse. Limit opiate use for acute pain to 2 weeks or less--the time it takes to become physically habituated. Use other pain drugs in rotation or concurrently--NSAIDS, aspirin. Avoid the use of extended release opiates like oxycontin for chronic pain--if the blood level of the drug is allowed to fall to or close to zero between doses tolerance and physical addiction won't develop. Narcotic contracts--where the patient agrees to receive their medication from only one provider and not request refills before a specified time--can help. Patients on chronic opiates should be urine tested to make sure they are taking the drug and not selling it. The CURES registry of opiate prescriptions--physicians are required to check it to make sure they patients aren't receiving the drug from multiple sources--should be nationwide. And we need better medications for long term pain--NSAIDS have their own significant risks and drugs like tegretol, desipramine, and neurontin are not very effective IMO.

I think the problem with opiates vs other drugs is two fold.

They're very lethal relative to other drugs so its easy to kill yourself and they're very good drugs so you want to take more.

I remember reading an article about heroin once that said something like this:

Oxycontin is as effective if not more in treating pain of a psychological origin as it is for treating pain of a physical origin.

The article went on to make the point that much like alcoholics, opioid users are usually self medicating for depression but when compared to alcohol, the physical dependency is much stronger and where as you'll probably puke before you drink yourself to death, the body has no similar defense against lethal levels of heroin.
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

So sad and scary. I know nobody affected, as far as I know. For what ever reason, is doesn't seem to have gained traction in this rural area of North Central Colorado. I'm fixing to go on a road trip through the Heartland to my father-in-laws in Northern Vermont. I'm honestly a little afraid of what I'll see.

[QUOTE=old goat;4807467]While opiate addiction is certainly a big problem I don't think it is as huge as it is being made out to be. QUOTE]

Sorry OG but this is bullshit. Its a huge problem that is absolutely devistating areas of the country. Its a problem with a different scale of stakes. Everything is on line when playing with this shit.

Im a fourty something from Florida that ran with a fast crowd but we all grew up to some extent. I cant count on both my hands the people I know, full grown ass men and women with jobs and kids and houses that are in the ground from pills/H over the last 10 years. I know pro athletes that lost it all to pain pills and selling them. There was a pharmacy in florida that was filling scripts for 100k pain pills a week. Then the florida gov finally put a registry together and made it hard to get pills, prices go up and some entrepenuar comes in with H. Its so bad In my hometown anything that isnt tied down is stolen. Shit like plastic porch furnature, kids toys, dog bowls. Its as bad as Ive ever seen it and getting worse. I wish it wasnt as bad as its being made out to be but its worse.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?