6 figure potential in Bozeman (seriously)

I own a successful painting company in Bozeman Montana. I moved recently to believe it or not somewhere better. However I am still getting painting calls daily and would consider selling to the right buyer. It provided me 15 years of full winters off with $ to spare. If owning a highly profitable business in a great ski town is better than slugging it out in the dish pit (it is, I've done both) then get in touch.
    Sale includes logo, phone number ( that gets all the calls) established advertising and client list.
    If you are a hard worker, good with customers, and relatively tall you could crush it like I did... Right away.
    Also if you are a passionate rider who has been dreaming of moving west to shred and do it in style I'd love to hook you up. It's a pretty good gig.

Email alpinepaintingllc@gmail.com if interested.

Price police??

So skip the middleman and post some signs around town and you too can profit six figures from painting walls??

I know a couple of guys in utah that do the same a do well enough that they can ski all winter and write their own working schedule during their work season. Could be legit. Rough ballpark on the buy in for this?
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Are you just selling a client list? Paint equipment? Sprayers etc?

Sounds awesome aside from the Painting part.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Tall = 100k+, Short = mid 5 figures
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Congrats is actually creating value is your small business. Most of us are just creating our own paycheck. People ask me what my business is worth (contractor), I say, "The value of the tools on sale!".

No critisising, but when you say "6 figure income!" is that inclusive of wages. If so, that is not part of how you value a business. Be prepared to provide a set of audited financials plus your tax returns. In otherwords, say a full qualified crew lead painter (you the business owner) can make $60K during the painting season, you need to back that out of your profitability numbers. You don't get to "sell your paycheck".

Anyways, best of luck. Maybe consider hiring a manager for the Bozeman location and keep it running?

Price will be discussed if you email me.
    The value here is going straight into good paying work minus the 3-5 years of setup. Included is my phone and the ad that was established 8 years ago. We can talk training if necessary and consulting during the takeover process IF YOU EMAIL ME!!!
    Foggy goggles, thanks, yes it takes a long time to establish a service business. It's highly profitable and a great summer gig so I'd like it to go to a deserving skier. It is why it's listed here and not elsewhere.
    Bozeman is crazy busy right now and top dollar goes to the guy who has time to do the job. If you can work super hard, deal with clients, 12 hr days and heights this business can bring home good money so you can shred in style. It know if probably sounds sale pitchy. Cause I'm trying to sell the business. I can just keep telling people I'm too busy or you can tell them that your happy to take on the work.
    I'm not looking to make tens of thousands here but it certainly worth an investment. I bet you could pay it off in a couple months.

Hate to be biased against short painters but I see them in the store and wonder how the hell they get anything done?!?

Ok Maybe some more incentive...

Hi again,

I know a few of you had some smartass remarks. Seems typical for a tgr board.. But nothing taken personal. So I'll try again.

I have solidified a couple exteriors for next summer (July) and can pay the new buyer $20 an hour for training during this month. I'll hand over the business, equipment, client list and established advertising (which is free unless you want to purchase an upgrade) This advertising was put in place 8 years ago so I get decent results for a google search. Your home or business location will have an effect on this, my advice is rent a place as close to downtown Bozeman as possible. This gets you the most calls. And always put the sign on the yard when your doing work.

Equipment includes, Ladders, Sprayer, Pressurewasher, painting poles dropcloths etc. Probably used all this is worth $1500. New it would be $3500 or so. If you need a good work truck we can talk but I didn't really intend on selling. It looks nice and is the same color as the logo. I'll call and email each client and refer you directly for future work as opposed to calling me. If verizon let's me I'll swap out my phone number for yours. I'll also transfer the LLC to your name.

Income will be what you want out of it. I worked full time last spring/summer/fall and netted over 100k but that was a big year and I worked super hard. Still had the winter off mind you. Still skied over 100 days. You can start your own but if you go this route you will save a lot of setup time, possibly even years of starting a business and I'll advise you as much as you need.

If you want to move to Bozeman ski all winter and not be a broke ski bum working 2 jobs and barely getting by then we should talk. I went through the whole restaurant thing, working for someone else, and starting a business from scratch and never made any more than 10-15 bucks an hour. At best with experience you might make 17hr. on the books working for another contractor.

I'd like to setup a skier/snowboarder, I'm a skier and I'd love to see another shredder take this over. It was a great ski gig and honestly you can ski pow and make good coin as well so think about it.

You guys want a price, well I wanted to talk it over and negotiate but let's start at 25k and go from there. Talk to your parents or the bank or grab it from you college fund. Get a few good jobs and that's covered and your off and running. If you work during the transition month there's 3k in there as well.

I've got tax records, and invoicing records for the last 8 years to show ya if you want em.

If interested email me at alpinepaintingllc@gmail.com

I'd like to see it go to a mag as well. Good luck finding the right person to manage it and the right number for everyone to be happy.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

how about you get the red bindings?

I'm curious, where did you move?

Good luck selling your business!

Biz valuation is always tough. If you replaced your work hours with paid laborers, is there much net? If so 3-4 times EBIDTA is fair pricing.

Painting is low barrier to entry. As you say, used equipment on hand is not much. So at that point, someone is paying for goodwill - the stream of prior advertising, the customer list, and the amount of pre-booked jobs on day one.

Best dollar for seller might be a 3 year contract. If you had the right powder maggot, big payment on day 1 with 2 follow up years based on the work being there. Just a thought. It requires a lot of trust in the buyer being a hard worker and not a dick in years 2 and 3, but is more likely to net your asking price.

GLWTS
    . . .

Update:
    I wanted to thank all the folks who responded. I especially like the one where "i want to buy the business but I don't have any money". Since I posted this I've already made what I would have sold it for. Working very casually. So I'm going to hold on selling the business. If someone wants to partner and invest in a partial ownership that would be a possibility still but it's too good of money and too flexible. When I'm out of town I'll just have to explain that to the customers. Again, thanks for your interest.