Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    #keystoneradgnar
    #iskiedhoganbowlandlived
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Dude, Jackson was so rad before that gondy went in--now it's just like Keystone! All the gnar at the top disappeared and no one good skis there anymore. Brah. I've moved on to double secret locations in Idaho that only those with the latest Arceteryx technical outerwear can possibly access.

OP probably skis like a GORB...and yeah, Jackson has always suffered from a pretty defensive, inflated sense of itself.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    OP probably skis like a GORB...and yeah, Jackson has always suffered from a pretty defensive, inflated sense of itself.
    Dude! It's the ski center of the universe!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

New Gondi doesn't bug me! The resort is gonna grow. Nothing anyone can do or say is going to stop it. Available/accessible acreage, permitting and LDRs will define growth.

Hopefully this lift will alleviate some early day base traffic. Not sure the logistics tho and frankly I don't care. I'm not planning on stopping skiing at the village. Yup, it's different than it was 20yrs ago. So am I.

The Village became "family friendly" when they changed pricing to better draw families about 8-10 years ago. It was very expensive to ski before. Pricing is great for young kids and students.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Who cares?
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Quote Originally Posted by _Aaron_ View Post
    Who cares?
    come on aaron, don't you like care about being the COOLEST and RADDEST
    I mean that's what it's all about right?
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    come on aaron, don't you like care about being the COOLEST and RADDEST
    I mean that's what it's all about right?
    I'm not sure if it's cool or rad but I like to have fun on the snow. I'm pretty sure I can do that no matter how rad or family friendly (who decided the two are mutually exclusive anyway?) a place is.

Speaking of fun, where is the spot for cheap, delicious tacos these days? I had some good ones at the place by the Wendy's the other day.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

I like to have fun on the snow

Speaking of fun, where is the spot for cheap, delicious tacos these days? I had some good ones at the place by the Wendy's the other day.
    agree
    and always look but have never been to that taco place by wendy's -but we had some amazing nachos at teton tiger the other day. got me in a winter/ skiing mood
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    agree
    and always look but have never been to that taco place by wendy's -but we had some amazing nachos at teton tiger the other day. got me in a winter/ skiing mood
    I had to Google TT. I didn’t even know we had an Indian joint in town. It's a whole new world out there! Weeee!
    More stoke, less shit.

it's been there for maybe a yr and a half or 2yrs but we just made it there too lol but enjoyed it
    it's right by e.leven- you can actually park near it these days too!
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by media310 View Post
    movie I was thinking about was this segment I believe.. been a while since the RSN days
    Yeah the new gondola is really gonna gaper out that backcountry line on the opposite side of the resort

Have you ever checked out Ski Granby Ranch? I think you'd dig it. Undiscovered gnar everywhere.

I had to Google TT. I didn’t even know we had an Indian joint in town. It's a hole new world out there! Weeee!
    fixed it for you

I thought Teton lift was sick. But then again I have no idea what traffic was like in granite 5-10 years ago. I had no problems skiing fresh lines last season
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

I won't allow myself to fall for such leading headlines and Jeraldo Rivera-esque mysteries as this.
    It's a page straight outta Al Capone's Secret Vault.

i've been looking at: red, soldier, shames, solitude, schweitzer.

Solitude is nice, but hardly in your face. Schweitzer's cool if you like skiing by brail.

But uh did the words Jackson Hole and rad hafta be used together? Might as well throw "trusty" and "bro brah" in there while yer at it.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    Solitude is nice, but hardly in your face. Schweitzer's cool if you like skiing by brail.

But uh did the words Jackson Hole and rad hafta be used together? Might as well throw "trusty" and "bro brah" in there while yer at it.
    some peoples rad fantasies are spoonin soy ass hippie farm turns cross the street in the sick gnars of the willows and sweets roll bowl
    #JUSTASKROG
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Dude, Jackson was so rad before that gondy went in--now it's just like Keystone! All the gnar at the top disappeared and no one good skis there anymore. Brah. I've moved on to double secret locations in Idaho that only those with the latest Arceteryx technical outerwear can possibly access.

HA HA

around here we call them SPORE's - special people on rental equipment

yes arcatryx tech gear is needed for the actual rad ski spots

cant wait for a lift up Cody peak - i will be fucking OWNING central and pawning all de posers
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

what a pathetic thread OP

you should move to UP michigan then never post
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

I think ya'll been had. This was lesson one in Dunfee's "How to get 10 million hits on your website in a year" seminar.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    some peoples rad fantasies are spoonin soy ass hippie farm turns cross the street in the sick gnars of the willows and sweets roll bowl
    #JUSTASKROG
    Add the Wasnatch to the land of teh defensivenezz

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Yeah the new gondola is really gonna gaper out that backcountry line on the opposite side of the resort

Have you ever checked out Ski Granby Ranch? I think you'd dig it. Undiscovered gnar everywhere.
    I was right there for Micah's last and successful go on Breakneck, in fact I think you can here me in the end there, I'm not totally sure though. It may not seem like it now but that line really was a sort of breakthrough. Not much at that point was being skied quite like that an Micah saw it. Shit, we called our skis fat skis but they were skinny compared to what people ski on now. Anyways, that day is one that really sticks out for me, I have a pretty good story about it (or at least I like to think so). There was another likely first descent (a very well known line now) that day and a very sizable avalanche that I was almost coaxed into creating but I opted for a more safe line. If anyone is interested I'll follow up on that.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

The carne asada tacos at the joint next to Wendy's are real good. The place behind Lucky's is worth a shot too if you haven't been. Streetfood 'so tacos are good but the quesadillas are better. They eat more like a taco than an Americanized quesadilla.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    I think ya'll been had. This was lesson one in Dunfee's "How to get 10 million hits on your website in a year" seminar.
    who's gonna run the seminar now? Leslie?

If anyone is interested I'll follow up on that.
    go ahead
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda