Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Hahaha, he had people calling him from 7:30am on asking when their light fixture was getting installed etc.... Personally I think that is a bit rude to call before 8:30 builder or no.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Hahaha, he had people calling him from 7:30am on asking when their light fixture was getting installed etc.... Personally I think that is a bit rude to call before 8:30 builder or no.
    You gotta keep on these guys. If they don't before you know it, your completion date has been pushed back and suddenly your overages are through the roof... I mean, sure it would be nice if they could just read the plans and put the fucking pot lights in ..... but they would rather just bang them up, all wonky and un-centered.... and in the wrong color... then look at you all confused when you ask them why nothing is centered... is spelled 'symmetry'.

Do you know how hard it is to instal a bathroom fan, after the T&G has been put in? Apparently, it's so fucking hard that our builder just isn't going to do it. Lesson learned, I should have fucking called him at 730.

... and I should clarify, the hustler on the phone did not fuck up my pot lights or bathroom fan.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    What's the best site for weather forecasts for Southern Interior? Specifically the area around Kokanee Glacier Provincial Park. Looks like it may be warm next week?
    Anybody venture a guess at 2000 meter temps next week? I look at 4 different weather sites and get 4 different numbers.

nope. +6 in nelson on thurs doesn't bode well but the forecast gets changed all the time.

nice work on the early tour hef!

wh20 was fun yesterday, but def. warmed up. The drive down from the hill was a real show...
    Looking for the next turn..

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Anybody venture a guess at 2000 meter temps next week? I look at 4 different weather sites and get 4 different numbers.
    Where and what days? This site has been pretty good to me: https://spotwx.com/ it takes a bit of playing around with the different models and resolutions to figure out but so far so good this winter.

Weds - Thurs look pretty damn warm right now.

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Where and what days? This site has been pretty good to me: https://spotwx.com/ it takes a bit of playing around with the different models and resolutions to figure out but so far so good this winter.

Weds - Thurs look pretty damn warm right now.
    Heading to Mt Carlyle lodge for the week and hoping for the best. Avalanche Canada says freezing levels up to 2500 meters by mid week. Hopefully stability and snow stay ok.

Here is Retallack forecast:

Retallack Alpine Forecast
    Issued: February 10, 2017 7 AM. Next update by 2 PM.
    Generated using NAM12 + GFS data
    Today

A mix of sun and cloud with isolated flurries.
    Precipitation: Trace.
    Alpine temperature: High -7 °C.
    Ridge wind southwest: 25 km/h gusting to 55 km/h.
    Freezing level: 1300 metres.
    Tonight

Cloudy with clear periods and isolated flurries.
    Alpine temperature: Low -13 °C.
    Ridge wind west: 30 km/h gusting to 70 km/h.
    Freezing level at valley bottom.
    Saturday

Mainly cloudy with isolated flurries.
    Alpine temperature: High -11 °C.
    Ridge wind west: 15-35 km/h.
    Freezing level: 1000 metres.
    Sunday

Mainly cloudy with isolated flurries.
    Alpine temperature: Low -11 °C, High -5 °C.
    Ridge wind southwest: 15-35 km/h.
    Freezing level: 900 metres.
    Monday

Cloudy with sunny periods.
    Precipitation: Nil.
    Alpine temperature: Low -4 °C, High 0 °C.
    Ridge wind southwest: 10-20 km/h.
    Freezing level: 1300 metres.
    Tuesday

Cloudy with sunny periods.
    Precipitation: Nil.
    Alpine temperature: Low -4 °C, High -1 °C.
    Ridge wind south: 10 km/h.
    Freezing level: 1600 metres.

Print

Here is the 10 day for My Carlyle at 1500m with a 25km resolution: https://spotwx.com/products/grib_ind...rica/Vancouver

Thanks!

i took my preggers wife to icefall lodge's new hut for a week. it was really fun

Quote Originally Posted by raypruit View Post
    i took my preggers wife to icefall lodge's new hut for a week. it was really fun

Tears for Fears really killed that for me.

But..... the blue bird and the pow pow was real nicey nicey.

how anyone can not like that song is beyond me

I can appreciate the allure of 80's new wave .... I have had my R.E.M. and Devo moments.

But considering the pregnant baby moma... and keeping with the pop rock/ new wave vibe .... I would have favored the Smiths.

Snowfall looks mighty fine, terrain looks huge, runs look long and snowpack looks fat! Looking at next years weeks now

sweet vid! congrats!

smiths would have been good too. i can't help but smile when i hear that tears for fears song though. full disclosure - i ripped it off this classic video part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UXtbD2hShY

the terrain at snowfall is unreal - best i've ever ridden. the hut is at treeline in a big NW facing basin. and most importantly - it's all steep. great mix of alpine and trees all easily accessible from the hut. amazing 7-800m runs right from the hut. snowwise i thought we had it pretty good and it hadn't snowed for 10 days while we were there. started dumping the day we left of course. that place with a couple feet of fresh would be unbelievable. 2000+ m runs possible were possible last march apparently.

^^^ very nice man. Super pumped for our trip there April 1.

^^looking forward to the TRs

smiths would have been good too. i can't help but smile when i hear that tears for fears song though. full disclosure - i ripped it off this classic video part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UXtbD2hShY

the terrain at snowfall is unreal - best i've ever ridden. the hut is at treeline in a big NW facing basin. and most importantly - it's all steep. great mix of alpine and trees all easily accessible from the hut. amazing 7-800m runs right from the hut. snowwise i thought we had it pretty good and it hadn't snowed for 10 days while we were there. started dumping the day we left of course. that place with a couple feet of fresh would be unbelievable. 2000+ m runs possible were possible last march apparently.
    My friends are getting a bit picky. Doubt I can talk them into a hut without electricity. What did Larry have going there? Propane heating? No internet of course, No indoor bathrooms right? I can check in with him but its tough now they've got a sample of the good life at Sol Mountain and Kokanee Glacier

you're in luck - an icefall-sized hut is going up this summer. the hut there now will become the sauna/guides quarters. next winter, there should be all the same amenities as at icefall.

we were hauling in water from the creek and had a wood stove for heat. we had a bit of electricity from solar panels / gas powered generator - enough for LED lighting and radios. i personally like the basic hut and smaller group size better and am sad to see the bigger hut go up, but such are the needs of commercial huts i suppose.

going to kokanee at end of march. it looks like a luxury hotel. pretty stoked

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    My friends are getting a bit picky. Doubt I can talk them into a hut without electricity. What did Larry have going there? Propane heating? No internet of course, No indoor bathrooms right? I can check in with him but its tough now they've got a sample of the good life at Sol Mountain and Kokanee Glacier

Couple shots from Icefall last week in January.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04089.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	859.6 KB 
ID:	199783

Name:	DSC04083.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	990.0 KB 
ID:	199785

Name:	DSC04147.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	199788

Sauna roof transfer? First Descent?

Name:	DSC04069.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	811.9 KB 
ID:	199786

Name:	IMG_0560.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	199790

Beauty line down from Icefall Pk.
    Drive slow, homie.

136cm of new snow in a week at the Ymir Lodge.

Well since this appears to be the hut trip sharing thread...

Damn good page! Some sweet turns. For some reason I can't play Ray's vid

Still pretty new to this area, and have been lurking on the forum for a while.....Is there any short touring close to kelowna besides crystal? The days are getting longer and I'm looking for something to do until biking picks up again.

And another questions, has anyone skied Little White? I've been eyeing it since I moved here but can't find Intel.