Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Subscribed as my wife applied for a job in Kelowna, so I might be back that way again. Bad for career, fantastic for skiing.

Pft.. who needs a career when you can live the Okanogan lifestyle.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by Lamothe View Post
    shit chyea!

I need another sled. sale it the one place I really wanna play. assuming thats sale...
    My brother has his for sale, 2009 m1000 ltd edition. This was the top of the line that year, all Fox shocks, Boss seat, has a light weight can, PM if you are interested, eldo on the forum. It's in Calgary but we are heading to Whistler middle of Nov and could deliver it.

Looking good hefe!
    Lamothe this could be of interest

159" skidoo summit 800,
    http://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/ba...nt=app_android

Price: $ 3,500

Yep sale. Fun zone.

Can't believe we were skiing terrain like this in October, took a couple runs to not be shitting my pants. Didn't help that I was still pretty buzzed from Halloween partying on Saturday night.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161030_111810.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	191510Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161030_144442.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	191511Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161030_112943.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	191512Name:  G0050823_1477868798652_low.JPG
Views: 1192
Size:  38.6 KB
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Nice work Hefe... Things are definitely starting out well this year. No pics but did top to bottom laps on the cliff at Big White without hitting a single rock last week...

Andyski, glad to hear you may be back in the area. Let me know if you need any local info...

So sick! Thanks for the sled posts fellas but no braprr for me this winter . Wanna be guide so broke for the foreseeable forever.
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Quote Originally Posted by alive View Post

Andyski, glad to hear you may be back in the area. Let me know if you need any local info...
    You'd be my first call if it looks like shit will get real.

Name:	1478196870400.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	191696

Name:	1478197024221.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	191697

There's mucho shmoooo at the pass as of yesterday. About 30 fresh and the top 20 holding a lot of moisture. Very little wind and was snowing above 1500m. I'd imagine things to get spicy if it warms up like it's supposed too .
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Yeah skiing doesn't look good this weekend.... time to work on getting sled and trailer ready.

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Yeah skiing doesn't look good this weekend.... time to work on getting sled and trailer ready.
    I saw a loaded truck come out of the gorge today. Any word or a link on if it will be plowed this winter?

I just call the forestry office in Vernon. They always ask if I am one of those telemark skiers. Or friends from tolko always seem to know.

If anyone could give a conditions report of what Mccrae looks like today I'd really appreciate. I actually have time off tomorrow and am itching to ski, but don't really want to tear my knees up if it's just slop
    Last edited by meggers; 11-05-2016 at 06:26 PM.

I bet is was/is Shmoo. Forecast was warm at elevation. Rained on the other side of arrow lake up to 1900m. I bet was raining above that, but I wasn't interested in verifying . I brought my sled in for its annual PM so I wouldn't be lured by the sirens call. thankfully Mountain biking is still awesome.

Anyone in Kelowna area have some FKS brakes lying around or know of a shop that stocks them? Need some to mount up my sticks before next weekend

Need the whole assembly probably like this:
    http://www.evo.com/ski-binding-brake...fks/pivot.aspx

Rick at Stay Tuned is probably your best bet. Maybe try calling Custom and Fresh Air?

Time to do some sacrificing. Not looking good until after the weekend. There goes the traditional Nov 11th faceshots.

If it's not snowing, better warm air than cold. Heavy optimism for snowpack stability.

Was hoping to make some turns soon but looks like sticking to the trails is the better option for now.

Unrelated, but looking for ski partners near Golden/Rogers Pass - new to town.
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Time to do some sacrificing. Not looking good until after the weekend. There goes the traditional Nov 11th faceshots.
    I am holding you responsible for this..... You got on to the goods too early.

I am glad I did, doesn't look like we will be skiing again for a couple of weeks...............

Snow down to 2000m finLly looking up again.

Went for our usual Remembrance weekend trip to the Asulkan Hut. Friday carried skis for an hour before starting skinning. No one was keen to do a quick lap after arrival. Saturday woke to heavy rain and spent the morning in the hut watching it slowly turning to sleet and then to snow around lunchtime. Skiing above the hut in the afternoon was ok. Sunday morning temperature had dropped to -2C and the snow stopped and had blue skies for a bit. Good skiing above the hut on soft wind pack. The ski/walk out was as awful as we expected. Very little snow below 1400m.

The furnace was broken by a previous group but we managed to get it working again. The ACC plan to fly in a new furnace this week. Changing the outhouse barrels BEFORE it isn't possible to put on a lid without shoveling some of the shit into another barrel would be much appreciated in future (this wasn't a frozen tower - the liquid was almost overflowing).
    Last edited by nickinbc; 11-13-2016 at 07:52 PM.

The Glacier National Park annual winter permit quiz is now online https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GlacierWinterPermit

Quote Originally Posted by nickinbc View Post
    The Glacier National Park annual winter permit quiz is now online https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GlacierWinterPermit
    Is it just me, or was the quiz easier this year?

Quote Originally Posted by skitolive View Post
    Is it just me, or was the quiz easier this year?
    They really stress the importance of displaying your permit.

It would be a real shocker to come down from a day of skiing and find that your vehicle was towed... I wonder if that's ever happened.