Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    I've found that a lot of the lights are pretty good, but the mounting hardware has been the most concern. The nightriders have had issues as well as the cygolite

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Plug what is your recommendation on helmet/bar lights, run the PR1200 on the bars and...on the head?
    Other mags may have better suggestions, but I use a BD rechargeable LED headlamp, because they were selling them for cheap at their end of year sale. I think my model isn't available anymore, but it's like the Spot. We have a few of these, so I grab the close one, I rarely use it, just to finish a dusk ride/skate ski.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    What's battery life like on the PR1200?
    I'll just post this:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 11.18.09 AM.png
Views: 208
Size:  53.5 KB

It all depends on how long you stay in each setting. Turbo is more like an instant-on high beam flash with the wired remote, so you wouldn't be riding and holding that down.

Bump- hey Plugboots, where’s the best place to order one of your lights these days?

FWIW - Shenkey 1000 lumen lights are $25/each and come with both bar and helmet mounts. I bought two and they have worked very well for my sub 2 hour night rides.

https://www.outboundlighting.com/product/hangover/
    Guy I know designed this. Pretty dope setup.

Personally, I can't ride with a helmet light on a half shell. Moves around too much. Fortunately, I've got a Fox Proframe.
    Lots of Cream, Lots of Sugar

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post

Personally, I can't ride with a helmet light on a half shell. Moves around too much. Fortunately, I've got a Fox Proframe.
    Yeah, as annoying as a cord can be I prefer to have the battery in my pack instead of on top of my head. My neck prefers it that way.

100g, fast charge, and a useful beam pattern... that's impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post

That looks dope.

I couldn’t quickly see it in a quick scan of the page, but I assume at half power that thing could run for closer to 4 or 5 hours.

As dope as it looks, I’d still recommend pairing it with a good ~1000lm wide distribution flood light (the softer the lens contrast the better) mounted on the bars and then running the Hangover in half power mode.

You’ll end up with a setup where the bar light gives you shadow contrast and the helmet light fills in the details so that you have better 3D depth perception of rocks, roots, low clearance branches, jump landings, etc. The wide flood / soft shadows (lack of hard edged shadow lines) on the bar helps prevent create visual noise from your fork jittering or when you pop quick high speed steering corrections, pre-turn countersteer, etc. And then the helmet with a long throw spot fills in the details where you are looking.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Bump- hey Plugboots, where’s the best place to order one of your lights these days?
    I’ve spent more time with these and they’re nice.

https://www.velosportimports.com/ravemen-lights