Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    She put a muzzle on the dog. I’d say that’s doing something. Should the dog have been in a fenced yard? Yes. But I guarantee that because you called animal control that dog is dead.
    Maybe it’s riding in the back of a cruiser

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I used to have a heeler. Got her at pound probably 10 or 11, overweight. Seemed so sweet at the pound. Brought her home, got her lean. Found out she hates other dogs. I remember walking her home eating a breakfast sandwich on a leash. She sees a couple big huskies, takes off, pulls the leash out my hand. Clears a ten step of stairs and goes for these dogs. Pull them apart, huskies have a few cuts. The little heeler is fine.
    Another time I pull into a hardware store next to a truck. The truck has a sign that says beware of dog don’t pet. It has a. topper on the back,the other dogs head is hanging out the side window. My dog sees the other dog. Jumps out my back window, jumps at the other dog. She’s just hanging off the other dogs face For like 5 seconds until I could pull her off. Makes a big ruckus, I throw my dog back in my car. The other owner comes out says wtf didn’t you see the sign. He thought I tried to pet the dog. Said sorry and took off. I loved that little heeler

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    I used to have a heeler. Got her at pound probably 10 or 11, overweight. Seemed so sweet at the pound. Brought her home, got her lean. Found out she hates other dogs. I remember walking her home eating a breakfast sandwich on a leash. She sees a couple big huskies, takes off, pulls the leash out my hand. Clears a ten step of stairs and goes for these dogs. Pull them apart, huskies have a few cuts. The little heeler is fine.
    Another time I pull into a hardware store next to a truck. The truck has a sign that says beware of dog don’t pet. It has a. topper on the back,the other dogs head is hanging out the side window. My dog sees the other dog. Jumps out my back window, jumps at the other dog. She’s just hanging off the other dogs face For like 5 seconds until I could pull her off. Makes a big ruckus, I throw my dog back in my car. The other owner comes out says wtf didn’t you see the sign. He thought I tried to pet the dog. Said sorry and took off. I loved that little heeler
    You sound like an asshole

Possibly. That dog definitely was. We thought we doing a nice thing getting an old shelter dog. We had no idea what we were getting into.

I would advise extra caution for anyone adopting an adult dog until they prove trustworthy

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    You sound like an asshole

NARRATOR: He is.

She put a muzzle on the dog. I’d say that’s doing something. Should the dog have been in a fenced yard? Yes. But I guarantee that because you called animal control that dog is dead.
    http://www.pandora.com/station/play/1145071421965264124

The owner was cited by Truckee animal control. The owner was in Truckee for the weekend. The dog went home to the Bay Area. I guarantee you that if the dog stayed with that owner it would wind up dead, along with someone else's dog and maybe a human would be injured. The dog wasn't provoked. It came rushing out from behind its house and went straight for my dog.
    Last edited by old goat; 11-06-2021 at 10:42 PM.

Like I said. She put a muzzle on the dog, so she was aware of the dogs issues and did the right thing. Obviously it was a dog with issues. But the owner did the right thing. You might feel you did the right thing to. But in the end the dog was muzzled. Would you call the cops if someone gave you Covid even though they were wearing a mask?

Like I said. She put a muzzle on the dog, so she was aware of the dogs issues and did the right thing. Obviously it was a dog with issues. But the owner did the right thing. You might feel you did the right thing to. But in the end the dog was muzzled. Would you call the cops if someone gave you Covid even though they were wearing a mask?
    The dog was 5 times heavier than mine and could have killed her with the muzzle on. This is a dog with a history of repeated attacks that is allowed to run loose by an owner who is not competent to manage the situation--putting a muzzle on it is not "the right thing". I let it go when it attacked my other dog a year before. I did it a favor the second time--hopefully it got the owner and the trainer it needed because otherwise it was only a matter of time before it got put down.

If you had seen the attacks and the pure aggression of the dog I'm pretty sure you would feel differently.

I have no idea where the pandora link came from in my last post. Weird shit happens when I have to use a touch pad instead of a mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    Possibly. That dog definitely was. We thought we doing a nice thing getting an old shelter dog. We had no idea what we were getting into.
    One of my heelers was 3 y/o when I adopted him from the shelter. Lets just say it has taught me a ton about how to be a responsible dog owner. Your story of an 11 y/o heeler hanging off of a dog in a truck bed might have amused me a bit.

I would advise extra caution for anyone adopting an adult dog until they prove trustworthy

Some shelters give the animals “happy pills” before just before potential adopter come to see the animals.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    Some shelters give the animals “happy pills” before just before potential adopter come to see the animals.
    I had no idea.

Interesting thread to come up. I posted in the other dog thread about a pit bull that broke off his chain and through his fence to attack my leashed dog on the sidewalk.

I approached the guy this week to tell him to pay up for my dogs vet bills. I had seen the dog get out again and be running around the neighborhood, luckily my dog was inside.

He told me his dog attacked another dog and the other dogs owner shot him. Oh also he doesn’t work and has no money to pay me back. I figured this judging by the house and cars parked on the front lawn the night my dog got attacked.

My dog went after another dog.

I never updated this thread, though I’ve posted about this dog plenty in other threads.

The dog in question never did get better. This was the first of several negative interactions he had with other dogs, including the incident I referenced in your thread, Falcon (though that one was 100% not his fault). He is not interested in sniffing asses with other dogs, and about 1 out of every 2-3 times he goes after the other dog and has occasionally drawn blood. He doesn’t really approach. He’s happy to mind his business, even off leash. Other dogs rarely feel the same way because dogs gotta dog, and almost every negative interaction that wasn’t with a family dog was with a dog that should have been on a fucking leash and/or not come into our yard.

He’s not obviously aggressive until he suddenly is. He doesn’t growl or snarl or bark. He startles the other dogs as much as he startles the people involved. My dad’s 200lb Saint Bernard wanted nothing to do with him. We obviously limit interactions and have to pay attention to him at all times if other dogs are around. That said, he’s otherwise a very good boy and we’ve been able to add other dogs to his pack with a lot of patience and not too many wounds to lick. He’s 9-ish now, and maybe mellowing a bit with age.
    focus.

I hate to be the bucket of cold water, but that dog is better dead than in a location where people (kids) and other animals live and play. OG simply reported a dangerous menace to the community. I would not want a dog like that in my neighborhood.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I would add that a responsible "rescuer" would not have given or sold that dog to an unqualified owner.
    We all love dogs. We all make mistakes with dogs. And not all dogs make good pets. Friend of ours is a bomb-disposal officer with the CHP. His new working dog, 2 year old Dutch shepherd, is too aggressive to get along with his retired Malinois and his rescue mutt so it is kenneled until he can get her trained better. This is a guy who trains dogs for a living. And don't feel sorry for the new dog. While I'm sure the she would prefer to be with her handler at night, I think dogs doing work they were bred to do are happier than the average bored pet.

Dog or person?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Dog or person?
    Both

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    My numbnuts dog and the neighbor's numbnuts dog like to bark at each other from their respective decks. It would be comical if I didn't have to listen to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I assume we've all seen videos of dogs barking at each other through a fence, ignoring the open gate a few feet away.
    Yup. Funny videos. Funny that these two knuckleheads do it. They are awesome buds. So I think they are really trying to tell the humans to let them play together when they carry on like that. They are bored and wanna play. And they are truly two idiots. Their collective IQ goes from barely room temperature individually to freezing when they are doing their thing.

Maybe it’s riding in the back of a cruiser

Better the back of a cruiser than the crack of a boozer.

an old favorite^^

A dog trainer told me if you want to try letting leashed dogs meet count to three and pull away, it works cuz 3 count is about how long it takes for them to decide to scrap unless of course they are already trying to get at one another
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Lil buddy has been getting hazed a lot a big puppy, like 1 y.o. hyper german shepherd teen-dog at our normal spot. She tries to dominate him going over his lil back, charges him full speed and sprays him with sand. Which sucks because he’s low and his lil face and eyes and ears and stuff…

He is little and old, but he backs her off with growls and snarls and barks and little charges. It’s taken almost a month, and lots of reps, and lots of me heading her off on those charges, but we’re almost drama free together now. Big puppy is learning some horsey words like HEY and WHOA!

It takes time and patience, but this hopefully actually fixes a behavioral issue behaviorally instead of just putting the dog on a rope and dog not learning anything.

Neighbor used to have an Aussie shepherd who mistook our cockapoo for a sheep and tried to herd her.
    Our cocker hated the mail man. When we'd drive to the airport if she saw a TSA agent walking outside she'd bark furiously at them too. I guess the uniform looked similar to her. They say dogs are color blind but I wonder.