WTB: 26" EndrbroTrailAllmountain Wheelset

Need to replace a rim at minimum, but don't love my current wheelset anyway, so might as well see if anyone has something decent laying around for a reasonable price.

Need 15mm thru axle front, QRx135mm rear w/ standard freehub, 6 bolt rotor mounts.

Current wheels are a Giant house brand, 28 spoke, 23mm internal width, with 15ga spokes. Would like wider/stiffer/higher spoke count to make best enduro. Going on a 6" bike.

What price range? I am tempted to sell my wheelset off of my dead yeti 575 (rear triangle exploded yesterday). Stans Flow laced to Hadley hub rear and Stans Flow EX laced to Pro II Evo Front. Both are 32 count spoke and laced with DT double butted spokes. The front is currently 20 mm right now but could be swapped to 15 mm for $25. The rear is already QR. I recently replaced the rear hub bearings with Enduro bearings.

WTB: 26" EndrbroTrailAllmountain Wheelset

I have some on one wheels that are about 24 internal width. Quite stuff actually. 6 bolt, shimano driver, 10mmx135 rear and 15 front. $75 or so. The wheels are branded by on one but made by superstar. Big in the uk. Let me know if you're interested.

I have a pair of brand new Spike Subarosa rims, 25mm ID, black, 32h, I'd let go for $75/pair + shipping.

Thanks y'all. I ended up spending way too much money and ordering I9 hubs laced to Stans Flow EX rims.

Bumping this since I just got word that my frame warranty is going to work out splendidly, so I'm thinking that a wheelset upgrade may be in order. I'm still rolling on the stock wheels 6 years later and they are probably going to die sooner than later anyway.

Current wheels and bike are exactly the same as the OP (Reign, specs here: https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/reign-1-2011). Suggestions for a good bang-for-your-buck wheelset also appreciated. I'm also open to just replacing the rear wheel.

I got two sets of enves if you want to go nuts. One set of M70s on I9 hubs and an M70front/AM rear on some dt swiss 240s.

I've got some wtb i23 rims too if you just want to do that. One lightly used, one new.

Good pricing for you and me not having to deal with pinkbike
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    I got two sets of enves if you want to go nuts. One set of M70s on I9 hubs and an M70front/AM rear on some dt swiss 240s.

I've got some wtb i23 rims too if you just want to do that. One lightly used, one new.

Do this and look mad endurobro.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

The best thing about the enve stickers is that you can remove them.

So your bike doesn't get stolen. And people don't ask you for free toothbrushes in the parking lot.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

The best thing about the enve stickers is that you can remove them.

So your bike doesn't get stolen. And people don't ask you for free toothbrushes in the parking lot.
    Or put on a brighter colored sticker that matches your frame...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

FWIW, if you decide to go new, this is where I bought my wheelset from: https://www.coloradocyclist.com/26-i...in-bike-wheels

I used this axle to allow me to run a 12mm thru-axle hub in the stock dropouts:
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0016OL0..._.Svtzb71GB9RV

Not that much time on the new wheelset yet - about 250mi - but they were a noticeable improvement in every way, and even after multiple rim strikes, no visible damage.

While I'm sure they're a smoking deal for Enves, I'm equally sure they're more than I want to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    FWIW, if you decide to go new, this is where I bought my wheelset from: https://www.coloradocyclist.com/26-i...in-bike-wheels
    Thanks, the XT/Stans MK3 look like a nice option for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I used this axle to allow me to run a 12mm thru-axle hub in the stock dropouts:
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0016OL0..._.Svtzb71GB9RV
    Does that only work for 135x12 hubs, or can it also make a 142x12 hub work? Chainreaction has a ridiculous deal going right now on 26" XT wheelsets, but they are 142 only: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/u.../rp-prod159349

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Does that only work for 135x12 hubs, or can it also make a 142x12 hub work? Chainreaction has a ridiculous deal going right now on 26" XT wheelsets, but they are 142 only: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/u.../rp-prod159349
    I think it depends on if you can change out the end caps. The I9 hubs are designed around 12x142, but they also sell 12x135 end caps, so I put those on and I'm good to go.

BTW - I recall in the fork thread you mentioning that the front wheel felt like it wandered on steep climbs with the fork at 160mm. I was also feeling that, so I dropped my stem 5mm and two rides in I think I cured that problem.

Dug around and those M788 hubs are not convertible, bummer. At that price I'm half tempted to buy them anyway and replace the hub. Probably sounds like a better idea than it actually is though given that the rims are 24-hole.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 06-23-2017 at 09:29 PM.