Page 1 of 99 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Fu*king Cyclists

SHARE THE ROAD MOTHERFUCKERS!

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/08/...ks-man-in-car/

I'm starting to see shit like this in my nape of the way. I'm convinced cyclists are rageaholics in spandex.
    I still call it The Jake.

1 out of 10 people are just totally stupid, pick a group

It's a little higher in the Lance Armstrong wannabe demographics
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    1 out of 10 people are just totally stupid, pick a group
    Yep... Assholes are everywhere...I just try not to be one.

fuck a bike
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I'm convinced cyclists are rageaholics in spandex.
    You're way late to the party on this one. Fuckers actively block the road in my neck of the woods. Bizarre dysfunction.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    Yep... Assholes are everywhere...I just try not to be one.
    ^This. For some reason it's much harder than it sounds for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    You're way late to the party on this one. Fuckers actively block the road in my neck of the woods. Bizarre dysfunction.
    Yup, really bad on Snohomish Valley Road. A winding, narrow two lane road with no shoulder and lots of blind spots (bank on one side and ditch/cliff on other). Cyclists will ride 4 abreast with no intention of moving to single file to let cars pass.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

There's some group ride around here on Wednesday nights where apparently all traffic laws are suspended. There's a 4 way stop intersection that you better hope the cyclists have already gone through or you'll be waiting for a long time. No stopping at all, and the entire mile long pack just blows right on through, one after another after another. I'm surprised some one hasn't gotten tired of sitting at the stop sign and just hit the gas.

Tour's that way assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    You're way late to the party on this one.
    heh, remember the Spicoli thread from like 10 years ago?

There's some group ride around here on Wednesday nights where apparently all traffic laws are suspended. There's a 4 way stop intersection that you better hope the cyclists have already gone through or you'll be waiting for a long time. No stopping at all, and the entire mile long pack just blows right on through, one after another after another. I'm surprised some one hasn't gotten tired of sitting at the stop sign and just hit the gas.

Couple of handfuls of carpet tacks?....
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

i'm not condoning the lady's actions above, and I will give you that cyclists have serious assholes in their midst, but, for those of you who haven't spent 1000's of miles on a bike in a year, maybe you should try it...cyclists have their lives threatened in many ways on the regular and in the most seemingly minor ways to drivers

if you ride regularly, odds are that you will be in an accident that is not your fault, and, for those of you who ride in NYC, those odds are exceptionally high

On group rides, the group is supposed to act as one vehicle. First guy through the intersection same as the last guy through. And let's put some reality on the time you need to wait. I'm sure you're exaggerating that the pack is a mile long. But even if it is and the group is going 15 mph (which is kinda slow for a group ride), the most you're gonna wait is 4 mins. 4 mins out of your life. Some traffic lights are longer.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    i'm not condoning the lady's actions above, and I will give you that cyclists have serious assholes in their midst, but, for those of you who haven't spent 1000's of miles on a bike in a year, maybe you should try it...cyclists have their lives threatened in many ways on the regular and in the most seemingly minor ways to drivers

if you ride regularly, odds are that you will be in an accident that is not your fault, and, for those of you who ride in NYC, those odds are exceptionally high
    Not only that, but you don't realize how loud a car horn is from inside the car.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Yup, really bad on Snohomish Valley Road. A winding, narrow two lane road with no shoulder and lots of blind spots (bank on one side and ditch/cliff on other). Cyclists will ride 4 abreast with no intention of moving to single file to let cars pass.
    If there's no shoulder, then you probably can't go by a single cyclist, give them three feet, and not leave your lane. I will frequently ride farther out in the lane to discourage cars from trying to squeeze by when there is a blind corner or oncoming traffic. I don't see how it makes a difference if they are 2,3 or 4 across all in the lane, you're going to have to cross over the center line to go by safely no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Couple of handfuls of carpet tacks?....
    Somebody did that up the Deer Creek Canyon road a month or so ago. It's a pretty contentious area for cyclists and motorists.

For my part, when I eventually pass cyclists who aren't being courteous, I put the pedal to the floor and blow a cloud of diesel smoke out the pipe at them. Good times...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    There's a Snoqualmie Valley Ride that has caused so much hassle with cyclists not only pulling the road blocking maneuvers, but trespassing and peeing in peoples yards (see 'get off my lawn') that Carnation no longer sponsors it. Union Hill road sees cyclists blockages several times a year.

I still try to give cyclists 3+ feet and usually go into oncoming lanes when passing, but it's the usual thing of a few assholes ruining it for all.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post

I quit road biking after being run off the road twice.

I guess culturally a lot of g00ns just haven't gotten past that Presbyterian/Lutheran/Protestant retribution thing.

Or else it's how generalization fails us. Pataphysics has it right.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    If there's no shoulder, then you probably can't go by a single cyclist, give them three feet, and not leave your lane. I will frequently ride farther out in the lane to discourage cars from trying to squeeze by when there is a blind corner or oncoming traffic. I don't see how it makes a difference if they are 2,3 or 4 across all in the lane, you're going to have to cross over the center line to go by safely no matter what.
    So, you're a traffic cop now?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    On group rides, the group is supposed to act as one vehicle. First guy through the intersection same as the last guy through. And let's put some reality on the time you need to wait. I'm sure you're exaggerating that the pack is a mile long. But even if it is and the group is going 15 mph (which is kinda slow for a group ride), the most you're gonna wait is 4 mins. 4 mins out of your life. Some traffic lights are longer.
    I thought that might be the case for group rides but wasn't sure. But what about the first guy through? I've never seen that guy stop. It's a massive group, and while probably not a mile long it's long enough - and there are gaps where you would think a car should go, but everyone knows the next group of cyclists sure as shit isn't going to stop, and the intersection is between 2, 2-lane major roads. In Atlanta traffic. At rush hour.

The line of traffic is bad enough during rush hour. It easily backs up by 50% when the Tour comes through.

As mentioned, I try to be as courteous as possible to road bikers, 3 feet etc... but it's really hard to find anything redeeming about them when so many act like entitled asses on the road. It's worse when they're in a group, must be empowering like a Harley gang or some shit for accountants.

Alright, here's a question for the collective:

Below is a picture of an unmarked intersection I cross through often. There are no yield signs, no stop signs, nothing.

One day while traveling west on Stoval Rd. doing the speed limit of 50mph in my large farm truck (I was highly visible) two bicyclists traveling south on Swegle Rd. turned east on to Stoval Rd. right in front of me causing me to slam on the breaks. When I honked they flipped me off. Who has the right away at this intersection?

Here's how the intersection works:

Traffic traveling south on Swegle Rd. either turns west or east when it reaches Stoval Rd. The west bound branch merges into Stoval Rd. without crossing traffic but the east bound branch of Swegle Rd. must cross over the west bound lane of Stoval. Stoval can either continue straight or take the "Y" and head North. To me this intersection is essentially a "T" except someone, way back when, decided to make a lazy "Y" probably to make the turn easier for farm equipment.

Name:  Stoval Intersection.png
Views: 4143
Size:  413.5 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

This particular road is very bad. It is one blind turn after another and it's long. On the weekends, if you're a car, you basically can't drive on. It's frustrating for everyone.

This is really bad logic.
    It's all about accommodating one another. I for one get fed up with the entitled cyclist attitude when I normally go out of my way to give space, having been a cyclist.

Simple law of physics, giant truck has right of way. Being squished flat would make me give you the right of way.!

What you need is a round about. I'd treat it as a T

I saw the same comment as the original just from the other side, someone was driving bikers off the road in emigration canyon in salt lake recently