Page 42 of 101 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2516
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    So they're that bothersome from the opposite lane?
    Yes. It is why it isn't legal to drive around with your high beams on. Strobing motorcycle headlights are equally annoying.

Auto companies have figured out how to not blind other drivers with their headlights. I'm sure bicyclists can figure out a way.

I am shocked by the bikers who still roll without a rear light at a minimum. I have a hard time seeing cyclists even on sunny days depending on the road/shade/conditions/etc. and I try to look out for them. I have this one and even the most aggressive setting is mild compared to some.

https://ridepdw.com/collections/ligh...nt=24753546945

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Five cars. How often do you see five cars behind a cyclist? I'm trying too remember a single time I've seen that that didn't involve a line of cars (slowed up by the lead car) reaching a cyclist already in a group.
    5 cars lined up behind bikes every weekend in Golden Gate Canyon. No shoulder, hairpin turns, no sight distance in many places. There are plenty of bike paths and roads with bike lanes costing millions of dollars with wide shoulders that could be ridden on but so many decide busy weekends are ideal for putting their lives on the line.

Making it even more fun is many residents here with their pickups sporting trailer towing mirrors doing chores on the weekend having to navigate the shitshow of cyclists and motorcycles passing on double yellow blind curves...brushing by these cyclists who believe they're saving the world by driving to the bottom of the canyon and then riding their plastic bikes wearing plastic clothing.

Yeah flashing lights are very annoying and I've had to stop the car several times to let my eyes readjust after being blinded by them coming at me. A slow soft pulse is acceptable and helps a lot though.

drivers should be required to move around public roads by bike for a year prior to getting their license
    complete fantasy
    but it would resolve a lot of these tensions by creating a common experience
    it might even improve driving habits

I have these on my fixie.

1. get paid to advertise while you ride
    2. you can change the message instantly from your phone, so if you see a hot babe you can type in a greeting, or if you get cut off, etc.
    3. visibility at night is great

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

So they're that bothersome from the opposite lane? That you want to cross the lane to mash me with your car?
    Punch yerself in the dick. You fucking pole smoker.
    That's m'fave BF! Who said anything about being in a car? I was talking about running over you with my bike .... but you're right - car's better - much more gushy/splatter

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Yeah flashing lights are very annoying and I've had to stop the car several times to let my eyes readjust after being blinded by them coming at me. A slow soft pulse is acceptable and helps a lot though.
    Yeah, sure ya did. You had to stop the car to let your eyes adjust?
    So much lame in this thread.
    Laps
    crab in my shoe mouth

Flashing bicycle lights are illegal in many states and/or municipalities. I don't see what's wrong with a steady light. Reflectors and bright clothing help to be seen as well. If bicyclist want to be taken seriously why not follow the same laws as motor vehicles?

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Flashing bicycle lights are illegal in many states and/or municipalities. I don't see what's wrong with a steady light. Reflectors and bright clothing help to be seen as well. If bicyclist want to be taken seriously why not follow the same laws as motor vehicles?

Illegal?? Cmon, now this is just getting silly. Illegal. Wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Illegal?? Cmon, now this is just getting silly. Illegal. Wtf.
    Lots of places in Europe too. They're super fucking annoying with the bright lights. There's also a study that shows that drivers drift towards the blinking...
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Name me one place in America they're illegal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Name me one place in America they're illegal.
    Ohio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Where in Ohio? Everywhere? Link me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    i'm not going to argue for one vs the other exclusively
    but
    they do exist because blinking is more easily seen than steady, and blinking is less likely to be mistaken for other sources of light

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    In Washington state if you are holding up more than 5 vehicles you must pull over and let them pass as soon as it is safe to do so.

If all cyclists followed tbis law cars would be way less grumpy about them.
    Maybe that applies to bicycles as well, I don't know, but the wording of that law specifically states slow moving vehicles and does not specifically address bicycles. (Maybe bicycles are considered vehicles by law?)

And I don't think I've ever seen a motor vehicle obey this law. Not once. I commute between North Bend and Redmond 5 days a week on 202 and being stuck 5 or more cars behind someone going 10-15 mph under the speed limit is a common occurrence. This happens several times a week, sometimes it feels like damn near daily. During daylight hours there's almost always enough traffic that passing isn't an option and even if there was an opening, no way you're getting by 5 or 6 cars. The passing zones just aren't numerous enough or long enough. And yet, oblivious fucktards just cruising along at 40-45 mph for miles and miles while passing many areas that would be safe to pull off and let people by happens all the time. All the fucking time.

I have never seen this issue being caused by a cyclist on my daily commute.

IME, motorists suck waaaaaaayyyy worse than cyclists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Koons View Post
    Amirite? Am I fuckin rite? Somebody testify. Gun held sideways. You want to meet up to ski? Eat a dick, worthless scum jong.

Yeah, sure ya did. You had to stop the car to let your eyes adjust?
    So much lame in this thread.
    Laps
    Yes. A couple hundred lumens flashing rapidly coming at you is really hard to keep your eyes from being drawn to especially when the light is aimed right at eye level.

If I put my road bike on the roof rack and drive my car to a location I plan on riding, will I experience road rage against myself?

Quote Originally Posted by kim jong un View Post
    I have these on my fixie.

1. get paid to advertise while you ride
    2. you can change the message instantly from your phone, so if you see a hot babe you can type in a greeting, or if you get cut off, etc.
    3. visibility at night is great

This is hilarious. You had me at "I have these on my fixie"

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Lots of places in Europe too. They're super fucking annoying with the bright lights. There's also a study that shows that drivers drift towards the blinking...
    Haven't seen the study, but I've definitely felt the strobe's siren call

Quote Originally Posted by mecc69 View Post
    I'm not sure if it's the tech or my eyes getting worse at night, but the new bike lights are extremely irritating. Some are almost equivalent to high beams on a car. Even the non-blinking ones are annoying as shit.
    A few years ago my girlfriend on her bike got pulled over by a police officer because her headlight was so bright. He asked her to aim it more towards the ground then followed up with "oh and what brand is that? I do bike patrol and kind of want one." That light is bright as fuck and one of the Cree knockoffs I heard about here. We both made more of an effort to aim them at the ground after that. Obnoxious but effective.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I swear to god, since I've been running, blinky lights, red in the back, white in front. Things have gotten way more kind on the road. People see you and give you room, and when it's tight, that wait more. It works. Makes you look more like a vehicle and less like a toy. Try it.
    It's counter-intuitive, but DON'T use blinking lights on your bike, at least not at night. Reason being, they are like magnets to drunk drivers. Caltrans specifically tells their field workers to only use blinking lights to get in and out of traffic. It's only a matter of time before you get creamed. Solid lights and lots of them, reflectorize everything. Better yet, don't ride at night - at all.

Fu*king Cyclists

Did I not make clear that these are fucking Daytime Running Lights? Try to follow along you fucking mouth breathers.
    Take a lap
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by boarddad View Post
    It's counter-intuitive, but DON'T use blinking lights on your bike, at least not at night. Reason being, they are like magnets to drunk drivers. Caltrans specifically tells their field workers to only use blinking lights to get in and out of traffic. It's only a matter of time before you get creamed. Solid lights and lots of them, reflectorize everything. Better yet, don't ride at night - at all.
    Shhhhh, let nature work itself out..

Eat my balls
    Snowboarders are so non-relevant.
    Lap
    crab in my shoe mouth