Page 70 of 101 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2509
    Big wide road with a bike lane clearly marked, a mile from my moms house. I walked and rode bikes on this street to elementary, middle, and high school.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBE88989-07B0-4F63-8FE1-8226B40AB718.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	727.4 KB 
ID:	293609

Quote Originally Posted by Tamburello Rouge View Post
    Those cyclists are entitled assholes with zero situational awareness. They exist. For every shitty cyclist I see on my daily bike commute I see dozens of dumb ass people driving cars. They're texting, swerving into traffic, not using their turn signals, not stopping at stop signs, driving over the speed limit, blocking the bike lane, etc, etc. It seems like there's assholes and idiots everywhere, no matter how they choose to get around. Who knew?
    Yeah, but you know what? There isn't really a category of driver that does the equivalent all day, every single time they drive (just flying out into traffic with the expectation that everyone is going to accommodate them). Sure, they do all sorts of stupid shit and there are way too many horrible drivers out there (we really need to get a stringent licensing exam). But this is next level shit I see every fucking day, all day long. Whatever--it's apparently not going to change (but it is why when I've come across cyclists getting scraped off the pavement I assume it's due to some stupid shit they were doing).
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Yeah, but you know what? There isn't really a category of driver that does the equivalent all day, every single time they drive (just flying out into traffic with the expectation that everyone is going to accommodate them).
    Have you never actually seen an uber driver?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    It's their calling card.

By the way, a first post quote in a 72 page thread?

Things are gettin frothy in here.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Kind of indistinguishable from cabbies, actually, aside from car color.

But even they don't go through red lights at 30 mph into traffic.
    Usually.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

By the way, a first post quote in a 72 page thread?

Things are gettin frothy in here.
    Well that seems passive aggressive.
    Just talk to me directly I can take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Well that seems passive aggressive.
    Just talk to me directly I can take it.
    Ok. Hey Rideski, my post wasn't directed at you. It was more in awe that I had to look back to see that it was post #1 from over 3 years ago that was quoted. This thing has long since taken on a life of its own.

The last few pages have been frothy as it relates to law vis-a-vis motorists and cyclists. Nothing on your part.

But now that I've had a chance to reflect on all my interactions with road cyclists since I started this thread so long ago I will say that the Thursday night pelotons through the neighborhood are less about cycling and more about taking to the motorists in how they revel in new ways to inconvenience drivers.

Personally I don't care as I enjoy the fresh air after a day in the office and the chance to listen to the ballgame for an extra 20 minutes as Lance and the boys scream at the other cars on the road.

3+ feet high and rising.

Deuces.

Well the problem from my point of view is the fucked up title which is at the top of the news feed every fucking day for the last couple years, which you started.

Seems self explanatory on a gravity adrenaline junkie motivated web site there’s going to be a lot of cyclists here. Most of us are probably decent riders, and don’t hold up your Atlanta rush hour traffic.

Therefore, seems out of place and tiresome to keep seeing it.

I would add that the point the pelotons are trying to make, is that people who do obey all the laws, and are courteous to boot, are fucking dying on the roads in droves due to the animosity of motorists, as was in your initial post, which didn’t say anything about 3 feet and peaceful harmonious road sharing.

Well the problem from my point of view is the fucked up title which is at the top of the news feed every fucking day for the last couple years, which you started.

Seems self explanatory on a gravity adrenaline junkie motivated web site there’s going to be a lot of cyclists here. Most of us are probably decent riders, and don’t hold up your Atlanta rush hour traffic.

Therefore, seems out of place and tiresome to keep seeing it.
    Agree that there's likely more cyclists here than not, and also that the cyclists here should be more likely than others to laugh at or at least look side-eyed at kooks like the nutjob in the original linked story.

I mean, we're all above-average snow sports enthusiasts and no one gets too twisted about the latest gaper story or tall-T nonsense that affects them.

Case in point, from what I can tell, the last year or so of this thread has been dedicated to laughing at a guy with a death wish in Minneapolis that is not Digitaldrew. This stereotype exists for a reason it seems.

Anyway, I'm lucky I don't have to deal with much rush hour traffic as my commute home is on the peloton route and I like to laugh to myself at the bulging veins on some of these guys raging at the world around them as they try and exercise while I slowly pass with a smile and a wave. YMMV.

For clarity I don’t agree with all of the methods of critical mass or participate in those rides, just saying that’s part of what they’re trying to express.

But fuck, change the title of the thread already or put it in poly ass where it belongs.

Options

Some cyclists are fucked in the head

1% of cyclists have a death wish and 5 chips on their shoulder

Will the methods of critical mass work

You’d be a better cyclist if you could cough up $37 fucking dollars

Etc

I smell a flash poll coming on. (and I don't go into polyass, not that cycling is polyass per se, but to quote a wise mag: there is only one forum to rile them all)

I'll rename the thread if we can leave new thread name nominations open for a few days here and someone puts up the flash poll thread.

Spandex Death Wish would make a killer band name for a prog-rock cover band composed of dentists fwiw.

Fully supportive. Next round of Woodford on me.

Lycra crew is teh gays. And I’m about it!

Pm for contact info.

Fully supportive. Next round of Woodford on me.
    Now we’re talkin.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Lycra crew is teh gays. And I’m about it!

Pm for contact info.
    And we’re off!

I was hoping for more action than I have gotten.

Name:  36EC2167-1ED6-4409-85D1-365D74D27A26.jpeg
Views: 415
Size:  58.8 KB

Saved the laptop.

But fuck, change the title of the thread already or put it in poly ass where it belongs.
    As someone who rides bikes a lot...even on the road, I like the title. It makes me laugh every time I see it.

Mostly bc 1) every time I ride, I see "Fu*king cyclists" doing dumb shit...50% of the people are below average...even cyclists. 2) A huge number of cyclists are idiots that can't ride OR obey the rules of the road; that being said, there are huge numbers of drivers that suck as well. 3) this thread, and its title, give us a chance to rage at idiot cyclists and drivers...while still letting us laugh at ourselves.

I say: keep the title...it makes me smile.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

I don't care one way or the other about the title, it certainly doesn't offend me. But then I also don't ride on the road much.

That said, Spandex Death Wish would be a worthy thread title.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    As someone who rides bikes a lot...even on the road, I like the title. It makes me laugh every time I see it.

Mostly bc 1) every time I ride, I see "Fu*king cyclists" doing dumb shit...50% of the people are below average...even cyclists. 2) A huge number of cyclists are idiots that can't ride OR obey the rules of the road; that being said, there are huge numbers of drivers that suck as well. 3) this thread, and its title, give us a chance to rage at idiot cyclists and drivers...while still letting us laugh at ourselves.

I say: keep the title...it makes me smile.

To me it’s about the animosity I see out there. Especially after having a close call on the road and then logging in here. Let alone just all the honking and crowding and bullshit like this

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    For my part, when I eventually pass cyclists who aren't being courteous, I put the pedal to the floor and blow a cloud of diesel smoke out the pipe at them. Good times...

Here’s one of the super aggressive roadies plaguing the roads.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3C0EDFF6-EC1E-4E21-9FDD-9CBAB2A0CDED.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	425.7 KB 
ID:	293678

here's the guy who was killed by the driver running the red light in brooklyn while waiting for the green.

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I take no issue with the thread title.

Changing titles is no better than deleting threads.