Page 80 of 101 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2516
    In Alaska, what is the appropriate thoroughfare to travel on an "electric-powered mobility device?"
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

That's sort of funny, but it also encourages the attitude that cyclists shouldn't be on the road and it's OK to buzz / coal roll / hit them.
    Last edited by dan_pdx; 10-11-2021 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    That's sort of funny, but it also encourages the attitude that cyclists shouldn't be on the road and it's OK to buzz / coal roll / hit them.
    It's not funny or clever, but it's a good reminder why I and many others have montuckey on ignore. As we say in the other threads: don't quote the trolls.
    Last edited by climberevan; 10-11-2021 at 04:25 PM.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5290F749-3DC0-4862-ABFF-3E3A1E056C65.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	286.6 KB 
ID:	388603

Name:	911BC738-F734-4708-813E-792331DC1C12.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	269.6 KB 
ID:	388604

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    It's not funny or clever, but it's a good reminder why I asked many others have montuckey on ignore. As we say in the other threads: don't quote the trolls.
    Ah, my mistake - I removed the quote.

Seen yesterday. Car parked in the bike lane. With an empty bike rack.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    In Alaska, what is the appropriate thoroughfare to travel on an "electric-powered mobility device?"
    The Dalton Highway is so scooterbaggable right now!

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    It's not funny or clever, but it's a good reminder why I asked many others have montuckey on ignore. As we say in the other threads: don't quote the trolls.
    Lighten up, Francois.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Seen yesterday. Car parked in the bike lane. With an empty bike rack.
    In front of a Starbucks?

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Holy crap, that was awful. There's some people out there on YouTube doing better stuff. He has the face of an alcoholic that spends a ton of time inside. Not a cyclist.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Here you go Benny, since you have been stuck out in the suburbs for so long and have lost touch with urban life:

As E-Scooters and E-Bikes Proliferate, Safety Challenges Grow

A surge in electric-powered mobility devices during the pandemic is likely to become a lasting feature, transforming the New York City streetscape.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/11/n...smid=url-share

I am not "stuck in the suburbs", and you prove my point. I live in an exurb that allows me forty mile rides right out my door in no traffic most of the time, and we don't have dorks on scooters. Although, I gotta tell ya, next time I'm in DC, I gotta try one of those things. Eliminates a lot of walking.

Watched it and was waiting for the laugh, but came up blank. The only thing that was kinda funny was the Sedan Hussein line, otherwise incredibly tired trope.

"Just because I wear lycra doesn't mean I'm a soft cock"

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

Just came here to post this!
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Guy was not a young buck, either. Glorious. The stair ascent at 0:25 was pretty bad ass.

Name:	IMG_3582-2.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	327.3 KB 
ID:	390459

Name:	IMG_3583.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	790.1 KB 
ID:	390460

Well this happened to me in early October (Audi making a uturn around a blind corner in Millcreek Canyon). My garmin shows 38mph to zero, but I think that might be off a tad bit. Somehow I stuffed the front tire in the wheel well and nearly did a complete front flip. Didn't hit my head, no road rash. Stood in the middle of the road in complete shock that I wasn't fucking dead.

How did the Audiot react?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I had to calm them down, two witnesses as well. Everyone was screaming at me to sit down, so I did and did some stretching, felt my body for points of tenderness. Nothing. Stood up. Told the lady to cancel that ambulance. Saw my doc the next day. At first he was pissed I didn't go to the ED, then at the end he said, "Well, hmm. I don't know how you are not in the ICU but you're not, so that's good because they don't have a bed for you anyway."

Glad to hear you came out of that unscathed, sounds like it could have been really ugly. Are they buying you a new bike?

Thanks! Yeah, their insurance covered the bike, helmet (even though it wasn't damaged), iPhone (that probably saved my lower back) and a days pay. I have a friend that works at Specialized look at the frame and said it looks fine, no dents or cracked welds, and he actually found the last AWOL fork on the continent in their backshop so it will ride another day.

I had a few coworkers tell me to get a lawyer and take them to the cleaners, but didn't feel it necessarily right or justified, all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by ####### View Post

Name:	IMG_3582-2.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	327.3 KB 
ID:	390459
    Holy shit! Glad you’re OK

So what part of you or the bike caused that deep crease in the sheet metal? I can sorta make out the stem and bars but that dent is way below the crease.

Again glad you came out of this unscathed.

Thanks!

I was steering and slightly leaning left with the rear tire skidding on impact, so my left leg, just above the knee to mid/upper quad. Left leg was bent at a 30~40 degrees, and the scratch on the left near the bumper is from the pedals. Basically hit wit the bars straight and the rear out left, (edit) The round punch above the crease is the top of a SRAM hood, you can lightly see my leg prints to the left I think.

I was riding with a friend last weekend and he said, "Imagine if you would've hit your nuts on the stem??"

Last edited by #######; 10-27-2021 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ####### View Post
    Thanks! Yeah, their insurance covered the bike, helmet (even though it wasn't damaged), iPhone (that probably saved my lower back) and a days pay. I have a friend that works at Specialized look at the frame and said it looks fine, no dents or cracked welds, and he actually found the last AWOL fork on the continent in their backshop so it will ride another day.

I had a few coworkers tell me to get a lawyer and take them to the cleaners, but didn't feel it necessarily right or justified, all things considered.
    Glad you are feeling well after that crash. Make sure you are 100% before dismissing seeking damages.

In my mid 20s I slipped on blue grease going down a set of stairs leading to the tarmac of an airport. I was young and in great shape and bounced back up despite landing on my lower back on the edge of a concrete stair after seeing both feet eye level a split second earlier. The back was pretty danged sore and out of whack, but improved over time. But the back was never what it was before and nagged me. Life being busy, I just plugged on and ended up having back surgery not long after the statute of limitations passed.

I would never encourage anyone to sue without true damages, but quite often we suck it up because we dont want to be "that guy" and it can bite you in the ass. I've probably spent 15K out of pocket for back treatments over the years and had to prematurely dial back a lot of activities due to back issues which began with a sloppy mechanic accidentally dropping a dab of grease from a grease gun onto the metal lip of concrete stairs.

Hopefully you are 100% and just got to practice tumbling with your accident, but if any part does not feel 100% get it checked out and documented.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks BC13!

It's documented. Sorry about your experience.

Name:	5BF53B78-33FC-4C9D-84BF-623647051B8F.jpeg 
Views:	111 
Size:	835.1 KB 
ID:	390638

….