Page 83 of 101 FirstFirst ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2516
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I didn't say that. You are putting words in my mouth. I would need to know the unbiased facts of the case, the defendant's criminal history, and any other mitigating or aggravating factors before I could state what I think is an appropriate sentence. But I think any license suspension should include an ability to obtain an occupational license to drive to work and school. I think any fine or restitution should allow the defendant to make minimum monthly payments based on their ability to pay (which could change over time). I am in favor of community service over incarceration. How many people do you know crushing it in life with a serious criminal conviction when they were 16?
    I’m not putting anything in your mouth, you do know what a question is, right? See the question mark?

My best friend in high school got a felony conviction for drunk driving, burglary and destruction of property. He spent time in jail when we were in 10th and 11th grade, I think it was every weekend for a year, probation and community service. He owns his own wholesale mortgage company. He’s white just like this idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Bikelaw certainly wants to make an example of this kid [and rake in as much cash as they can]. Why should you be any different?
    What’s your point?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    There are entire YouTube compilations of trucks rolling coal on bikes and online communities who think this rolling coal and buzzing bikes and pedestrians behavior is funny.

I’m all for making an example.

Increased fines for not maintaining statutory minimum speed on Texas highways.

So if the charges aren't proven in court, what do you think the consequences should be for witnesses who dissimulate and falsely impute intent?
    So you’re blaming the cyclists?

Kinetic energy. Idiot bicyclists is a self solving problem.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Community service? When there are kids doing time for nonviolent drug offenses? Nope. Some kind of juvenile detention for sure. And as far as license suspension--certainly no exemption for work or school until he's 18 AND out of his parents' home, and then let him petition the court for restoration of his license if his circumstances make school or work impossible without it.. Otherwise not unt he's 21. Lots of people in this country get to work and school without cars--because they can't afford one. Let him ride a bike.
    Kids (and adults) aren't doing jail for simple drug possession, at least in more progressive places, like the Seattle area. Maybe for repeatedly getting caught dealing, but not just possession. I am in favor of the drug court model of criminal punishment. Lots of probation officers and court involvement. Rules and programs you must follow and if you violate those rules, short, swift, punishment (like 1 to 5 days jail). Studies show easier to modify behavior with short and swift punishment rather than long term incarceration. When young, impressionable kids (or young adults) go to jail for the first time, they make friends with other, more hardened, criminals and the rest is history.

What does this have to do with a 16 yo allegedly rolling coal on a group of cyclists, losing control and running over six of them? They were in broad daylight wearing bright colors and legally using the road.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    What does this have to do with a 16 yo allegedly rolling coal on a group of cyclists, losing control and running over six of them? They were in broad daylight wearing bright colors and legally using the road.

He once saw a biker on the Seward Highway towing a bike trailer and the rest is history.

Highangle was either brutally raped by a peloton in team kit when he was a child, or a cyclist once made him 37 seconds late, and he still harbors a grudge.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Nope, just an angry turd.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    What’s your point?
    You're screaming for vengeance. In a little while, you'll be riding around in traffic like Spike, daring anyone to get in your way. Then you'll be out demanding the taxpayers further support your hobby of riding roads parallel to bike paths, because that's what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    He once saw a biker on the Seward Highway towing a bike trailer and the rest is history.
    And instead of doing anything constructive, came here to whine about it

(though in fairness, that criticism could be applied to me too)

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    And instead of doing anything constructive, came here to whine about it

(though in fairness, that criticism could be applied to me too)

I bought train horns to teach road bikers to stay far enough away from my vehicles to avoid any chance of an accident. Safety first.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    This post sums up everything that is wrong with the criminal justice system. We are talking about a 16 year old. You, I, and everyone else did some dumb shit when we were 16. We just got lucky. If you want to correct this 16 year old's behavior, you have to go all the way back to when his parents were growing up.

I haven't expressed an opinion on what is an appropriate sentence. Just pointing out sentencing 16 year olds for crimes is difficult, and I believe it is best if the sentence tries to set this kid up for success in life, not failure.
    Ahhh yes. The old “whom amongst us didn’t have complete disregard for other human beings at 16” argument.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1636484542.175936.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	234.5 KB 
ID:	392126

I bought train horns to teach road bikers to stay far enough away from my vehicles to avoid any chance of an accident. Safety first.
    Loser.

I'd explain that that vid was in reply to the post I quoted when I posted that vid, but I don't give a fuck if you're happy with it or not after you deliberately misconstrued my post in an effort to feign confusion and gain some sort of groveling camaraderie with the pathetic road biker lynch mob gathered here in the wrong thread. Clear?

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Loser.
    reported

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Nope, just an angry turd.
    Old man shakes fist at cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Loser.
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Totally agree.
    totally reported

Fu*king Cyclists

reported
    Cry more, Pussy.

I'd explain that that vid was in reply to the post I quoted when I posted that vid, but I don't give a fuck if you're happy with it or not after you deliberately misconstrued my post in an effort to feign confusion and gain some sort of groveling camaraderie with the pathetic road biker lynch mob gathered here in the wrong thread. Clear?
    So you were analy raped by road bikers and your derision of cyclists stems from your enjoyment of said gang rape. Sound about right?

So my mom was analy raped by road bikers and your derision of cyclists stems from your enjoyment of said gang rape. Sound about right?

Yeah I can roll with that.

Yeah I can roll with that.
    Nice edit. Are you salty because the anal rape caused your incontinence?

Nice edit. Are you salty because mom's anal rape caused your incontinence?

Man, that's a big word.
    Come clean, did you get it from mcpheephee?