Page 68 of 101 FirstFirst ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2516
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Depends on where you hit them. Dick punches can be warranted.
    Go on now
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Go on now
    What? A neck punch too?

(just to rerereiterate: I'm an ex roadbiker who has been run off the road a couple of times and I live in a bucolic locale where massive pods of yuppie cyclists willfully block the lane on curves on a 40 mph road)
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Oh I thought we were discussing Buttahflakes preferred methods of punishment

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Oh I thought we were discussing Buttahflakes preferred methods of punishment
    Councel, may I suggest that you keep your gameplay between yourselves.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I think you want the Fucking Driver's thread.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    I think you want the Fucking Driver's thread.
    That's redundant

this shit is heartbreaking and really hard to watch.

https://youtu.be/i0kqsUnpGlU

no ticket issued... i hope that the outcry will result in some serious charges.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

^should buff right out...
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post

How the fuck does the guy who ran the red light at speed not get arrested? Maybe cops didn't see the video at the time.

Fu*king Cyclists

^^Driver of the sedan was taken into custody.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....-brooklyn/amp/
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    ^^Driver of the sedan was taken into custody.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....-brooklyn/amp/
    good to know. thanks. too bad the driver was a teen, given the stupid shit we all were lucky enough to get away with as teens.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

LOL. I expected that to be The Onion, but I see The Beaverton is the same type of site.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post

Isn't that just fucking awesome

A few years ago a woman ran a stop sign at about 50mph and drove into the front of my car which was doing about 25mph. Her CRV literally bounced off and rolled into the ditch about 100 feet away at full speed then stopped VERY quickly when it hit the embankment on the other side. If somebody had been standing/walking/riding there they'd be dead. I didn't get to see the collision, all I saw was a flash of silver a split second before the airbag punched me in the face. At that point it was all over and a few seconds later when I could see through the steam and smoke there were already people running to pull the 3 people out of the other car, nobody checked on me or my family at all, in fact I got yelled at and berated for not doing more because I was going slowly and she hit the front of my car so I apparently should have been able to do something differently. I also got hosed on the insurance payout (for a brand new car) because it was the front and there were no indications that I even hit the brakes. Nobody has any idea how fast these things happen but now that I do when I'm on foot or a bike in the city or burbs where the potential for this to happen is high I stay well back from corners until I know cross traffic is stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by stompinlines View Post
    Wow. He’s going to have a coronary on camera one of these days.

Holy shit, he certainly is.
    The USPS van was stopped at the red light which just turned green and USPS guy was ready to go and then Von Douchenheimer cuts from a left only lane with a solid line in front of USPS van. Of course USPS guy got pissed, if he had hit the gas a second earlier he would have nailed VDH. USPS guy probably got screwed at work if VDH called it in.

VDH has so many enemies he should be afraid for his life. If VDH turned up dead it would be a Murder on the Orient Express saga. Too many people with motives.

Bike guy repeatedly pushed the USPS door closed. Isn't that kidnapping ? IANAL.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0D0F33F8-D8BF-43B1-93E1-5CF72450A6FD.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	739.2 KB 
ID:	293399

This thread reminds me why I mostly mountain bike with some road biking on paths.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    This thread reminds me why I mostly mountain bike with some road biking on paths.
    Yer doing it wrong. It doesn’t have to be like what’s going on in this thread. I ride a lot and have zero conflicts.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

One day someone is going to beat the shit out of VDH, take his camera, throw it in a sewer, and walk away scott free.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    It doesn't take much situational awareness to see that there's someone parked in the bike lane that the rider is going to need to negotiate around, and adjust your driving to accommodate that. Shit, two-thirds of drivers, minimum, have no idea how hand signals work.

At least half the peds I ding the bell for on the bike path look at me like I'm a dick for ringing the bell and alerting them to my presence. Can't win.

They also have outdoor urinals right on the streets. A truly enlightened society.
    I commonly see this behavior where just because someone has an obstruction in their lane they think it means they get to merge or come into the oncoming lane whenever they want. That's not how it works, you are the one with the issue, you are obligated to slow down or stop and merge or pass when safe to do so. Expecting that drivers in the adjacent travel lane will move over 3-5 feet to accomdate you is just placing that driver and yourself in a bad position relative to oncoming traffic or the adjacent lane.

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    I commonly see this behavior where just because someone has an obstruction in their lane they think it means they get to merge or come into the oncoming lane whenever they want. That's not how it works, you are the one with the issue, you are obligated to slow down or stop and merge or pass when safe to do so. Expecting that drivers in the adjacent travel lane will move over 3-5 feet to accomdate you is just placing that driver and yourself in a bad position relative to oncoming traffic or the adjacent lane.
    If you are next to the cyclist then of course they need to slow down until they can get around the obstacle in the bike lane, but if they are ahead of you coming up on an obstruction then you need to give them an opportunity to get around it, like Dantheman says. Back when you were discussing this I was saying that cyclists should let cars behind them know what they are going to do; it's the law adn common courtesy. But cars need to let cyclists have the travel lane when the bike lane is blocked, whether they signal or not. That's also the law, and common courtesy.

I suspect that 90% of us drive cars and ride bikes in traffic both. When we're riding think of what our driver persona would think of our riding; if we're driving think of how our biking persona would think of our driving. If we are all courteous towards each other we'll all be safer and happier and less stressed. And the chances of that happening are approximately zero. Correction: exactly zero. Which is why I predict a long prosperous future for this thread.