Page 66 of 101 FirstFirst ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2509
    So now the dude has no bike. Somebody should have stolen it a long time ago and saved the entire city a lot of aggravation. And WTF is he calling 911 for before the attack just because someone is parked in the bike lane.

He has called 911 hundreds of times over the past three years

It's almost a shame that when he eventually gets beaten to death, he won't be able to post the footage. This guy deserves everything he has coming to him.

Still didn’t get his bike back and now wrote this: http://www.citypages.com/arts/i-got-...aret/509446121

Fu*king Cyclists

Dang, he's a pretty good writer and now I am pissed because I felt some empathy for him - especially after reading some of the comments. Need more vids

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Dang, he's a pretty good writer and now I am pissed because I felt some empathy for him - especially after reading some of the comments. Need more vids
    He went looking for trouble and found it...
    In my view he got what he was looking for.
    Cyclist safety on the street or roads is a real concern, however I have no sympathy or respect for his methods.

Fu*king Cyclists

I totally agree. Just saying if you hadn't seen the insanity of his video k-pop vigilantism, his writing is good enough to create some empathy. He probably reached more people w that written piece than all his stupid vids combined

This is the only takeaway from that:

“I’m weirded out by how calm I was,” I tell my therapist later.

“Maybe,” she suggests, “it’s because you’ve been waiting for this to happen for a while?”
    I still call it The Jake.

I live in a summer vacation spot. Two weeks and the shit show will begin. Drunk Zoners everywhere and ya, those fuckers know how to ride bikes and cut off cars too.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I get that 50/89/28 are beautiful sections of highway that afford amazing views of Lake Tahoe, but why the fuck would you choose to road bike any of it? Many sections there is literally NO shoulder. It is crammed with tourists gaping at the views (and not looking at you/your bike), jaded locals just trying to get home, and plenty of construction.

"Ah, yes...perfect...I'll climb this steep hill with no shoulder and a couple hundred feet of drop below me while minivans dodge me and gawk at the lake."
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	457.6 KB 
ID:	285305

How is that any fun? Or rewarding? Choking down on exhaust, listening to the whirring of cars going 55mph right beside you, and constantly fearing someone is going to run you over? Go get your exercise where you're not a hazard to yourself and others the entire time. Fuck.

Look at this Moron’s riding.
    He was complaining on a road bike site about the pickup truck’s driving.
    Yeesh.
    And I’m a road biker.

https://youtu.be/JhGcbd_amUw
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Yeesh.
    And I’m a road biker.

The biker did nothing wrong--he wasn't in the pickup's way if he was keeping up with the truck, but even if he was in the wrong absolutely fucking nothing excuses what the pickup did, which was hit him intentionally. Show that video in court and the pickup driver at the least loses his license and very likely pays a hefty fine and does a little time. If you can't deal with the annoyances of driving without turning your vehicle into a weapon you don't deserve to drive. If you feel the need to be an asshole give a finger or lean on your horn. I'm a road biker too.

On the downgrade from Donner Pass to Donner Lake a lot of bikers are going the speed of the cars if not faster and they appropriately ride in the center of the lane. (The bikes going up hill at less than walking speed with no shoulder and miles of double yellow blind curves are something else.)

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Yeesh.
    And I’m a road biker.

Heh, that’s in my hood. Johnson Road between Tumalo and NW Bend. Popular road ride due to big shoulders, not a lot of traffic but there is a working quarry at the top of the hill. Pretty rolley terrain, no sustained straight stretches, lots of semi-blind corners. About 500’ elevation gain in seven miles in that direction

I’m scoring that a double-douche. Drafting behind a rock truck on a winding road is dumb on several levels. And if he was keeping up the pickup wouldn’t have caught up so fast, nor would bike have started drifting to the right

OTOH the pickup should have just held back and thought mean thoughts about the douche cyclist instead of attempt a pass on the right. I didn’t see contact but if there was, it’s because bike didn’t hold its line.

And that’s just, like, my opinion, man.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    And that’s just, like, my opinion, man.
    Pity you didn't start your post with "new shit has come to light man"

This aggression will not Stans.
    watch out for snakes

Dude needs to tune that drive train or learn how to shift.

Pickup truck driver pulled a super dangerous move, got lucky.

Need permission to view it.

Private only permissions on that one^ there. Should I say "buddy" or "guy" now?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Fu*king Cyclists

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Private only permissions on that one^ there. Should I say "buddy" or "guy" now?
    I’ve made my transition to guy.

Privacy changed now

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fu*king Cyclists

My 7 year old rode Vail Pass bike path for the first time yesterday and near the top, she stops in the path to turn around to us and celebrate. Some cunty old woman passing by hollers “don’t stop in the path!”

Some cyclists are amazing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5BA2EA06-0DA2-409F-8E6B-3827E1C9288E.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	669.1 KB 
ID:	287885

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    My 7 year old rode Vail Pass bike path for the first time yesterday and near the top, she stops in the path to turn around to us and celebrate. Some cunty old woman passing by hollers “don’t stop in the path!”

Some cyclists are amazing.
    Cyclists who stop in the path to talk with their friends, play with their phone etc, are idiots, but a 7 year old gets a pass. Still I bet she doesn't do it again.

Today, 2 cyclists riding their brakes coming down old 40 from Donner Pass to Donner Lake, doing about 15 MPH (I can't keep up in my car with most cyclists going down that road.) The rear one is hugging the white line--there's no paved shoulder or bike lane. I went patiently until it's safe to pass and then go around her. The second is riding in the center of the lane. I wait patiently until we get to where there is a nice stretch of reasonably wide paved shoulder outside the white line. Does she pull over to ride on the shoulder? Since I'm posting this here, you know the answer.

Fu*king Cyclists

Our friend is at it again, now has friends helping him and hasn’t learned his lesson: https://youtu.be/3siIyEzLCLY

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi