Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: WSL

Owen Wright baby!!!!
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    Owen Wright baby!!!!
    I'm soo bummed Medina lost

Pipe masters is on and firing. Near perfect conditions.

Jaws big wave challenge on for tomorrow too.

Slater killed his heat. Backdoor 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    Pipe masters is on and firing. Near perfect conditions.

Jaws big wave challenge on for tomorrow too.

Slater killed his heat. Backdoor 10.
    "Kelly in freak mode at the moment"

It looks interesting. If my math is correct the only shot Kolohe has is if both Medina and Italo lose in this round and he wins the event.

I love to watch Medina surf, part of that is being goofy. I don't hate him the way some others do, but I would love to see someone else win. Obviously he is a great surfer, and he seems to deeply want to win more titles, but I don't think he will ever be considered as great of a surfer as John John is unless he improves.

John John is simply the best surfer in the world, and had he not gotten hurt this year he would have cruised to another title in all likelihood, I don't think anyone could have challenged him. Last year he started slowly and got hurt, so I doubt he would have been able to win, but there is the possibility that he would have gone on a run and won. When he wants to win a title there is simply no one on his level, but he does not seem nearly as motivated at Medina. I think it does irk Medina that he has not beaten John John, except back in 2014 when he was still young, and that his titles, last year and possibly this year, have happened when John John has been hurt. I think he really wants to be looked at as the best, and that won't happen unless he wins a title when John John is healthy. Even if he were to do that, he is simply not as great of a surfer as the Hawaiian, and I think that drives him. John John seems motivated to be a great surfer more than to win world titles. In a sense Kelly was a combination of the two, the surfing ability of John John combined with the competitive drive of Medina. John John seems to want to be the best surfer in the world, but he does not seem as motivated to win titles. If Medina gets another that might change, it might motivate John John to win more titles.

What is interesting is that if Italo, Medina and John John all win the next heat that would put Medina up against John John, who is obviously much better at Pipe when healthy, giving John John the chance to knock Medina out. It would be interesting to see that happen.

I am really rooting for Italo and Andino. I love watching those guys surf, and it would be nice to see someone else win. If Italo and Medina win the next round it would be great to see John John knock Medina out.

There is also the possibility of Slater and John John meeting in the final. It would be awesome to see Slater against the current king, and John John has never won the Pipe Masters.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."