Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: WSL

Never seen Kelly fuck up so bad as he did this afternoon in the Semis!! Part of me thinks he threw it ... thoughts?? Regardless, stoked for Kauli and congrats to Miguel and Courtney!! Thought Kauli got way underscored for his switchfoot barrel. That was soooo sick!!

P.S. Hedgy is still a BA!!
    Last edited by Xover; 08-20-2022 at 10:50 AM.
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Quote Originally Posted by Xover View Post
    ...Part of me thinks he threw it ... thoughts??
    I believe his competitive spirit would not allow him to do this.

Bummed I missed it. Catch the utube. And yeah, he's way too competitive. Like fn psycho competitive

Tough for Kelly in those smaller waves on his backhand. It took two or three massive pumps to gain speed to make those waves on the inner reef before they opened up a bit. Just not possible unless your a goofy footer. Really no to little chance IMO.

When it was big, the 50 year old shined.

Very good point Sluff! I noticed the regular foot women having trouble getting into the barrell in the heat before his. I figured with all of Kelly's experience with that wave, he'd have no problem. It wasn't until seeing your post and re-watching some of the final, that I realized with that "smaller" size the goofyfoots have a distinct advantage.

Me gusta

Finals on now. Waves look ok.
    Definitely not the tension or drama im sure they wanted. The surfers other than Italo look barely interested.

Gilmore wins for the women.

I'm listening, and cutting over when I hear someone on a wave, and Gilmore simply looked better than Carissa in the final. She made the best out of not great conditions.

It's a shame to see the bump this afternoon.

Toledo won the first heat against Italo. Italo is one of my favorites, but Felipe deserves a title.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Stoked to see Steph run all the way through. Happy for Felipe. Like you LDD, I think he's deserving; guy killed it the back half of the season and you knew he wasn't going to lose at Lower's. Despite the bump, do think they picked the best day in the waiting period. Cool to hear Mick and Kelly commentating. I don't want to see him go, but I bet if Kelly had the decision to make over - he'd have retired after Pipe.

2023 Schedule announced. Surf Ranch back on schedule after the cut. Teahupo'o announced as 2024 Olympic Venue. Wonder if Kelly will stick around to try and qualify .... ??

Old school @ Rincón

https://youtu.be/Gy6vTH71izg

Not sure when they're going to get the Pipe event in .... ??? Forecast looks marginal for a few days at best

Vans Pipemasters, Da Hui Backdoor, or WSL Pipeline Pro

So which contest determines the Pipemaster now?

Vans, Da Hui, WSL?

Vans I guess took the sponsorship rights

Also pretty decent conditions for current pipeline contest on now.

The Round of 32 is gonna be sick!!!

^^That's what I got onto this forum to see. Any thoughts on if she loses any/all of her sponsors? Also, what are the implications to the industry? I mean, I've never met a transgender surfer, so I wouldn't think it's huge. Plus, I live in San Francisco. I doubt Rip Curl is going to lose a lot of sales in the surf community, but could have an effect on the beach life wear.

It’s funny cause she’s a person who’s had a major body changing moment in her life and can probably relate on some level, but instead is too caught up in hate and lies

Having been nearly killed by an apex predator does not in any way relate to a conscious decision to mutilate your body due to mental illness or other problems.

You guys have heard of genetics right?

There is this thing called DNA that says who and what you are.
    watch out for snakes

Hamilton is not a contender in any case. This is good news as it opens up a spot for a rookie

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Having been nearly killed by an apex predator does not in any way relate to a conscious decision to mutilate your body due to mental illness or other problems.

You guys have heard of genetics right?

There is this thing called DNA that says who and what you are.
    It almost impressive how every sentence of this is factually wrong

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    ^^That's what I got onto this forum to see. Any thoughts on if she loses any/all of her sponsors? Also, what are the implications to the industry? I mean, I've never met a transgender surfer, so I wouldn't think it's huge. Plus, I live in San Francisco. I doubt Rip Curl is going to lose a lot of sales in the surf community, but could have an effect on the beach life wear.
    Tons of support from the surf industry (surfers), just not the WSL corp figures. Bethany took a stand, which others have behind closed doors, just not in a public forum. She will not lose any sponsors; likely gain a ton of followers which will lead to more public/motivational speaking engagements for her.

Westerly Windina née Peter Drouyn and again? Has to be one of the biggest talents in any sport to be trans.

not that a glue huffing moron like ScottyB knows that

IMHO, Caitlin dropped the sickest wave EVER by a woMAN!!! Was way better than any of the guys.

[URL]https://www.worldsurfleague.com/posts/520156/caitlin-simmers-strikes?playlistId=519177[URL]

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Normally chatty Slater shuns post-heat interview after getting bounced from event by Yago Dora.