SLC Mags: C & R Motors? Ever dealt with them?

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but I am thinking about buying a car from these guys and flying out from Denver to pick it up. They have good reviews online, and the sales guy seems legit, Ii just thought I would check in here as well. Thanks in advance for any info.

Burns

Seems sort of sketchy, but what used car dealer [shudder] doesn't? I wouldn't buy a used car from one of my parents, so the idea of flying somewhere to buy one is a total non-starter for me. If I'm going to pay money to sit in a seat that has had another person's sweaty, filthy, disgusting ass in it, I'll pay $2 to do it on public transit, not thousands of dollars for something I have to keep.

How good is the deal that airfare and hassle doesn't offset the difference in a local vehicle? If it's that much better I'd be skeptical already.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    How good is the deal that airfare and hassle doesn't offset the difference in a local vehicle? If it's that much better I'd be skeptical already.
    if he lives in Eagle County, it could definitely be good enough. Used cars around here on the front range are crazy overpriced, and I assume it's worse where he is (if the inventory even exists). I bought my last 2 vehicles online, because the deals were that much better. I didn't fly to pick them up, I had em shipped, but what he's doing isn't ridiculous.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

So I am looking for a used Tacoma and like Danno said they are stupid expensive here in CO. We have been living in the front range for about a year and a half while I finish up nursing school (hoping to be back in Eagle county this fall) and I have a little time before graduation next month so I though a $99 one way ticket to Salt Lake and a day's drive back in the new truck to save $2500 seemed like a good plan.

Now there are some issues with the truck coming into the country recently from Canada (which they told me about) and we may not be able to finance it anyway, so it may not matter anyway.

I have done this a few times as well. Always with much success. If it comes down to it and you want it checked out let me know. I can even run it over to my mechanic (who is awesome) and have him check it out for you.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

SLC Mags: C & R Motors? Ever dealt with them?

Drove it home from SLC today. Took this somewhere on 80 on the way home. Pretty stoked.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1472366862.955411.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	929.0 KB 
ID:	186930

I'd have done it for $2500 too. Interesting that the front range is even higher than SLC on tacos. Seems same love for them here. Things that make ya go huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I'd have done it for $2500 too. Interesting that the front range is even higher than SLC on tacos. Seems same love for them here. Things that make ya go huh.
    I'm with Skidog... Tacos and WRXs are damn near impossible to find reasonably here in SLC. I searched for 3 years for my '14 WRX Limited. Ended up buying one from an aircraft mechanic up at Hill AFB that had too many toys and needed to dump it.

Nice looking rig, mrburns.

I wasn't looking for Tacos, but I was looking for Sequoias about 18 months ago, and Frontiers about 4 years before that, and both times I found some in SLC area that were cheaper than the front range. That said, I found them even cheaper in CA (Frontier) or PA (Sequoia). But buying them that far away carries even more risk.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Agreed on the risk Danno, I am hoping that this one works out, I had it inspected and my buddy who is a mechanic looked at it today and it seems good to go.

Not sure about the difference in price, i would guess it has to do with the crazy amount of people down here in the front range and the ridiculous inflation of everything down here (rent, real estate, etc) Either way it really only cost me about $200 and a day of my time to go get it. I like a good road trip and I got some in-n-out burger while I was there

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    I have done this a few times as well. Always with much success. If it comes down to it and you want it checked out let me know. I can even run it over to my mechanic (who is awesome) and have him check it out for you.
    thanks for the offer teleee, love this place. Full of good folks.