Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    46 cm new this morning at Kimberley. 67 in 48 hrs. 80 since Friday.

Coverage was low tide a week ago, now we're riding high. Another storm starts Wednesday?

Castle did not suck yesterday. Storm was at 90cm and counting. They had trouble getting everything open and it was very busy but still pretty decent day. Freaking cold though!

Quote Originally Posted by powking12 View Post
    Castle did not suck yesterday. Storm was at 90cm and counting. They had trouble getting everything open and it was very busy but still pretty decent day. Freaking cold though!
    I prescribe repeated laps of Northern Exposure.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

pano skiied VERY well yesterday Tayton bowl opened 10-2, and got 5 laps in. Starfire glades? was still mostly untracked at 2:00 on last lap.

an no lineups

Bam! Another 12 cm this morning at Kimbo, 104 cm in past week. And probably another 15 already during the day today.

Biggest week in four seasons, but looks like it will finally end tomorrow. All the hidden gladed areas are now good to go, so we'll have stashes for days.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Bam! Another 12 cm this morning at Kimbo, 104 cm in past week. And probably another 15 already during the day today.

Biggest week in four seasons, but looks like it will finally end tomorrow. All the hidden gladed areas are now good to go, so we'll have stashes for days.
    Kimberley must be so fun on a powder day. Glad you got some. You guys deserve it!

Fernie has been in a snowpocalypse for the last week. Still coming down hard. Skiing has been epic! Go get some!

Wow what a storm. Another dump today, 10cms at 7am, at least another 15 of the lightest blower pow I've ever seen. Temps are going up unfortunately, freezing levels may be up to 2000m by Sat.

Lake Louise was amazing today, visibility by the platter was pretty terrible, but Top of the World and Larch was some of the best skiing I've had all year, absolutely epic day.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiVortex View Post
    Lake Louise was amazing today, visibility by the platter was pretty terrible, but Top of the World and Larch was some of the best skiing I've had all year, absolutely epic day.
    No one cares Jong!!!!

JUSTY KIDDING! I care...
    Marmot skied awesome today as well. Light dry snow that bonded well to the base. Amazing turns all day today. Happy Jasper skiers allround.

Last night's cold Temps and wind crusted up a bunch of lower mountain areas but hidden spots in the trees still skiing knee deep and blower.
    Taynton still gave up fresh lines at closing. But still a ton of alder at the bottom, I wish they would cut that shit down in the summer.

Hi All Im coming from NZ to ski the Can rockies from mid-march, 3 weeks.
    Need regulars advice on my Ski choice !
    Have Line Sir Francis Bacons, 184cm x 108mm, [with Barons and skins , a 90% dh ski; great for late NZ spring or Japow; ]
    OR
    bring Volkl BMTs, 186cm x 94mm long straight effective edges, a fine liteweight 50/50 up/dh ski ,
    Im looking to tour in Can whenever possible . Saves 3kg on checkin luggage too !

Appreciate thoughts, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by EssjaywhyNZ View Post
    Hi All Im coming from NZ to ski the Can rockies from mid-march, 3 weeks.
    Need regulars advice on my Ski choice !
    Have Line Sir Francis Bacons, 184cm x 108mm, [with Barons and skins , a 90% dh ski; great for late NZ spring or Japow; ]
    OR
    bring Volkl BMTs, 186cm x 94mm long straight effective edges, a fine liteweight 50/50 up/dh ski ,
    Im looking to tour in Can whenever possible . Saves 3kg on checkin luggage too !

Appreciate thoughts, cheers
    are you touring most of the trip? when touring, are you looking to get out, and see the amazing CND rocky mountians, or get into some steep shots for "spring"

I would go BMT, but either will be fine

check out. http://mtnguiding.com/ or http://mtnguiding.com/ if you want some local guiding for a day to get a feel for terrain, snow etc.

Thinking about wandering up toward Nelson (or further?) midweek to escape the rainy reset we just got in Idaho. Are things still good up there? Any suggestion for a good forecast site for the area would be most welcome since we haven't settled on what day(s) yet.

TIA

Cheers , i signed up for the guided Golden weekend,
    Am travelling campervan solo, mainly the fields and out the sides whenever, so keen for any short tours with locals .
    Ski choice - I need the 108s in japan when its pow 4 days out of 7, the 94s will be too narrow for 20+cm pow but way better for touring

SjY

Discovered today that Sunshine has stopped selling their cross country/back country access pass. Now if you want to ride the gondola up you pay full price. Guest service said that they had to many people buying them, then riding the lifts instead of actually heading out of the area.

Once again the dickwads screw it up for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Discovered today that Sunshine has stopped selling their cross country/back country access pass. Now if you want to ride the gondola up you pay full price. Guest service said that they had to many people buying them, then riding the lifts instead of actually heading out of the area.

Once again the dickwads screw it up for everyone.
    Fuck TayTay Scumfield.

#boycottSunshine

#2011waybackmachine
    #doesanyonerememberlaughter
    #whateverhappenedtothat
    #ceaseanddesist
    #tgrblackout
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

BC Interior thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Thinking about wandering up toward Nelson (or further?) midweek to escape the rainy reset we just got in Idaho. Are things still good up there? Any suggestion for a good forecast site for the area would be most welcome since we haven't settled on what day(s) yet.

TIA

Will be in Banff around the weekend, any mags wanna meet up for a beer/ski?

rain in town, but stayed below freezing at SSV (can't see temp data from the lake)
    http://www.mountainweather.ca/data/STONEHENGE.HTM

8cm over today, hoping for more overnight

Bottom of Marmot is going to be a skating rink as the snow was see through and liquid. Sounds like only affecting the bottom half of the lower. That might seal the deal that a big chunk of the double black terrain might not open this year (Eagles East) On the positive, the Alpine is looking sweet with 5-8 fresh on top of already soft conditions. Snow Safety FINALLY got Charlies bowl open which is huge as the Knob seems kind of small without it. Big props to them for working hard and being under-staffed. Headed up to check it out this morning! Whoop!

So used to the name Knob...re-read my post and indeed, slang for wiener is really a funny name for a lift!

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    So used to the name Knob...re-read my post and indeed, slang for wiener is really a funny name for a lift!

"dick lift"

Name:  16711901_10154891201570729_2024956062941500537_n.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  73.7 KB

anyone want to play?

$10/square, 50/50 draw with CAA (or CARCA) and winner splitting funds

Kinda funny .. but not.

Its in really poor taste to gamble on the death/injury of others. You should probably just delete that and advise the guys you are pooling your money with that this extremely unprofessional.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto