Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Looks like Castle will be opening this weekend with limited terrain. It's probably going to suck, everyone should stay away. In fact, I've heard that Castle is going to suck this entire year so don't go there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161206_101304.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	764.5 KB 
ID:	194388
    Pano base today

Wife and I were planning on pissing off the bro and sister in law by heading out for opening weekend to Pano, but temps aren't compelling, so next weekend. So doing the relatives Bonavista bash instead and keeping fan-damily peace.

If anyone cares, our weather forecaster has 110-135% normal precipitation from the west coast Cascades, north up the coast and down the Columbia basin for December thru March. Fingers crossed.
    Using Tapatalk

A balmy -31 c in the valley bottom. Bit of an inversion as its a balmy -26 at 2100 m
    Too cold for hardpack.

too cold for almost anything..... similar temps in banff

at least this might help us get that depth hoar layer we where missing?

Crowfoot Glades yesterday (Icefields Parkway). Cold but good, managed 2 laps without frostbite.

Name:	20161206_093021.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	591.3 KB 
ID:	194528

Name:	20161206_104517.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	605.6 KB 
ID:	194529

Name:	20161206_110612a.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	194530
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Pano opening day looks disappointing...
    https://www.panoramaresort.com/snow-report/index.cfm

No kidding...

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post

at least this might help us get that depth hoar layer we where missing?
    Haha! -33 this morning, but only -26 at mid mountain. Doubt there will be many takers. Went for a cruise on the bike yesterday night with the dog. Doogins gives zero fucks about the cold... Tough little fur ball. Took me longer getting dressed and undressed than the length of the actual ride.

Invermere area seems to be skipping the really cold stuff. Only -16 overnight.

looks like maybe skiers left hike from the top of larch? http://unofficialnetworks.com/2016/1...-louise-canada

You're right. That slide is on the skiers left flank of the side facing the highway. Looks to be 3 tracks skiing the upper pitch and then very visible slide from the high way.
    Interesting times. Heli bombing Tuesday morning yielded no notables and then that afternoon sz 2 and 2.5 releasing naturally

If you want to ski goat's eye you should think about heading out this weekend. Or so I heard.

No idea what will be open, but most of the skiing I have done up there recently has been pretty alright. Too cold though.

How to start a new topic/thread?

Just wondering how you start a new thread/topic.. I can't seem to find the option anywhere on the page. Currently i'm just able to respond to current threads, like i'm doing now. Anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by LetmebeFrank View Post
    Just wondering how you start a new thread/topic.. I can't seem to find the option anywhere on the page. Currently i'm just able to respond to current threads, like i'm doing now. Anybody know?
    I'm not 100% sure but I think you may have to have been a member/had a certain number of replies before you can start making your own threads. Most likely to prevent spam.

^^
    Yeah, I think that's it too. You need a certain number of posts before you can start a thread.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Copy.. Thanks much.

Quote Originally Posted by LetmebeFrank View Post
    Copy.. Thanks much.
    What if we don't want to let you be frank. I'm against it. From here on in its FRANCINE or BILLY. You choose...

KH opening day was great up top, and miserable/rocky on the cat track down low. Neither Super bowl, or Feuz had opened when we left at 2 pm. Stopped at the new brewery in town and picked up a few growlers. They have some tasty stuff on tap.

Quote Originally Posted by tintin5 View Post
    Pano opening day looks disappointing...
    https://www.panoramaresort.com/snow-report/index.cfm
    Even more so for Kimbo. Only the quad chair and Main run on the front for opening today.

And apparently there's been a broken water main in the parking lot at our condos spewing water under the building since Monday morning. The city hasn't even been able to find the line with their digging yet let alone fix it. Idiots.

But I'm in Whistler until the 19th so hope things will improve by the time I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Even more so for Kimbo. Only the quad chair and Main run on the front for opening today.

And apparently there's been a broken water main in the parking lot at our condos spewing water under the building since Monday morning. The city hasn't even been able to find the line with their digging yet let alone fix it. Idiots.

But I'm in Whistler until the 19th so hope things will improve by the time I'm back.
    we are headed there for Xmas, and really hoping they get some more snow! It is only an hour to Fernie, but I don't think they are much better off...

which condo is "leaking"? My family have had a place in Kirkwood for 30 years...

What's happening at KH these days? Heading there next weekend, then over to Pano.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    What's happening at KH these days? Heading there next weekend, then over to Pano.
    Nothing to see here...move along, move along.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by aragon View Post
    we are headed there for Xmas, and really hoping they get some more snow! It is only an hour to Fernie, but I don't think they are much better off...

which condo is "leaking"? My family have had a place in Kirkwood for 30 years...
    Nope, not there.

Forecast not looking good for any major snow next week, so could be a grinch-like Xmas on the hill.

Thank god for rum and eggnog.

Quote Originally Posted by aragon View Post

Not true, Fernie is skiing really good right now. Off piste the lower mountain it's is a bit twiggy in spots, but higher up the skiing has been great (I'm talking knee deep powder great).