Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Patrol was pretty short staffed and busy Thursday. I didn't hear much about the dive, but the west will be worth the wait for the people who get through first when it open back up.

hiway 93 kootenay south has been closed for avy danger /control, check road reports if coming this way.

More Jasper snow. 5cm in town and coming down fairly hard.

Kept up all day in Jasper. 17 during the day up at Marmot. Went pretty hard for a few hours earlier and snowing lightly now. Will update from Marmot tomorrow.

20+ overnight at the lake, ((3 at SSV???)

It was hammering all day at the lake yesterday. It was great all over. So soft everywhere with all the new snow since Thursday. Should be great today

Lake was indeed great today. Except for a delayed opening (ice?) on both the gondola and Top of the world - This meant everyone was lined up for the quad, and then hiked up to the Poma. Both Whitehorn and Paradise were fantastic, but it felt like there had been rain lower down.
    - This was at 9:00 am. I was about halfway to the front of the line.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170319_090329.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	992.1 KB 
ID:	202838

Snow at Marmot was great although a bit wind effected in places. The only ones not having a good day were the Avi team. Charlie's slide back to the November layer, the Peak did the same. Surprising results on terrain which has been open and ski compacted. Interesting snow out there inbounds as well as out.

At KH we had a very surprising result. Most of Fuez bowl slid as a result of a remote trigger from heli bombing Ozone. All the way from White wall to tower 10. Huge chunks of avie debris. went all the way to the trees which are way down the flats.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Feuz bowl sliding like that, scary that much a heavily skier compacted area coud go that big. You guys are having quite the cycle down there right now. Only a matter of time before things kick into to gear up here. Bottom 40 - 65 cm of snowpack is total B.S. in the areas around Smithers.

We have the same shit around here. Lots of snow on top of 1-2" hard like pavement crust and rotten underneath to ground. Some big rippers have come down.

However, some seriously sweet snow pretty much evrywhere. Ok freezing levels r pushing it further up the mtn. And yes of my 6 seasons on sleds, this has produced the biggest slides. Ironicly not the biggest crowns but the biggest debri and run outs. Not by shit tons, but bigger. I asked about 1 of the run outs and and it was said they havent seen it go that big. And of the 4 start zones that feed it, only 2 went. And the smallest 2! So the big 2 r still sitting there waiting ... there is alot to b learned from all this ...

Anybody want to ski the dive tomorrow (Friday the 24th)?
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Full on spring skiing on the bottom 1/3 of Pano today. Soft snow, sunny, and very, very fun.

Columbia valley backcountry is still skiing very nice and there are bike trails getting ridden.

Name:  20170323_174953_Richtone(HDR).jpg
Views: 712
Size:  58.5 KB

Name:  20170331_114022_Richtone(HDR).jpg
Views: 611
Size:  28.4 KB
    Still winter up high last week, another storm supposed to roll in this week

hey guys!

Im headed to Golden for a few days next weekend. Is there anybody that got a good hookup or tips on cheaper lift tickets?

If anybody is up for some skiing let's meet up!

Cheers!
    Looking for the next turn..

Quote Originally Posted by the_teo View Post
    hey guys!

Im headed to Golden for a few days next weekend. Is there anybody that got a good hookup or tips on cheaper lift tickets?

If anybody is up for some skiing let's meet up!

Cheers!
    Costco?

didn't find anything there!

Send me a pm if anybody wants to shred!
    Last edited by the_teo; 04-06-2017 at 11:38 AM.
    Looking for the next turn..

25 at SSV? who got some?

I was lucky to get out this morning. Lots of snow, and fun skiing well into the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    25 at SSV? who got some?
    I got a few hours in before work. It was very nice.

I'm heading up your way Thursday afternoon/evening, thinking to maybe hit Fernie Friday, and meeting my girlfriend on Saturday in Calgary (she's flying in from the East Coast). Our general plan is to stay at Kicking Horse Saturday night, ski there Sunday, and then stay in Banff the rest of the week (she flies out of Calgary Saturday evening), with a day in each of Banff and Yoho National Parks (involving some relatively gentle touring) and the remaining days between Lake Louise and SSV. We've got lodging booked Saturday through Friday and KH tickets bought for Sunday but haven't picked up Banff-area tickets yet (and I'm not committed to Fernie, I'm just hoping to break up the drive rather than making it a very long day on the road Friday).

Any suggestions for don't-miss stuff appreciated, especially if it's not in the usual online guidebooks. I'd particularly be interested in suggestions on places to ski in the national parks, with an eye towards relatively gentle terrain and good views. Also, suggestions on cheap lodging near Fernie would be appreciated; I don't have enough space to fit gear and myself in the XTerra, so sleeping in the car is out, but anything with indoor plumbing and a roof sounds pretty good.

Thanks,
    Kevin