Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    I've got a pair of Dynafit Stokes 191 for sale cheap, I'm thinking $275 .

http://www.evo.com/outlet/skis/dynaf...e-touring.aspx
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Looking for some new (to me) planks this year:

185cm+
    115-120ish waist

Prefer used/cheaper to shiny/expensiver.

190 elan boomerage? skis like a hoji (I have both) 140/120/130 Drilled twice, salomon 300 and 330? $150

Quote Originally Posted by Singel View Post
    Looking for some new (to me) planks this year:

185cm+
    115-120ish waist

Prefer used/cheaper to shiny/expensiver.
    I have some Skevik Loken 116s with Tyrolia Adrenalins I might be selling soon. Chargey ski, 116 waist, flat tail, long but pretty mellow early rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    I have some Skevik Loken 116s with Tyrolia Adrenalins I might be selling soon. Chargey ski, 116 waist, flat tail, long but pretty mellow early rise.
    Those are right up my alley. Let me know if you have a price in mind and if you'd sell w/o bindings.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    A heads up in case anyone on here is part of the group who has been skiing the glacier west of Radium, use some respect. It's not YOUR cabin, do not build extra bunks because you like bring all your friends or leave your shit behind. You will ruin access for everyone.
    Went for a ski this weekend up your way and was surprised to see 30-40 locals in a closed motorized area destroying the alpine vegetation with ATV's and sleds. They were building jumps out of open creeks, tearing thru the rivers-the area was littered with beer cans and garbage which they left behind and were tearing up fragile meadows with 4 wheelers. Hugely disrespectful of there own area and large Unreverseble Destruction! pretty embarassing... The apple doesn't fall far from the tree....

PS: blue plates with jumbo wild stickers are a good indication of where they are from
    Last edited by teamdirt; 11-14-2016 at 09:09 AM.

Misses and I are heading home to Canada for Xmas, and we’re looking to get in a few days each at SS, LL and KH. Sadly (or I guess happy) I realise that I’ve never had to buy individual lift tickets there before, always having had some sort of pass or card. Any recommendations on the best way to get a collection of tix for those three hills? I’ll be buying 6 for myself and 3-4 for my wife. Also any recommendations on some steeps clinics/lessons? Who’s and where is good for that sort of thing there (thinking an Extremely Canadian/Gordy’s style lesson). I know it’s been a good start, but I’m guessing it’s too much to hope the Dive will be open for the last week of Dec?

Best bet for individual tickets would be COSTCO in Calgary. I haven't checked out their lift ticket display this season but SSV, LL and KH typically have 2 for $120 or something priced similar. Not sure if there are any blackout days for the holidays or not? Another place to check would be AMA who might have something listed on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Went for a ski this weekend up your way and was surprised to see 30-40 locals in a closed motorized area destroying the alpine vegetation with ATV's and sleds. They were building jumps out of open creeks, tearing thru the rivers-the area was littered with beer cans and garbage which they left behind and were tearing up fragile meadows with 4 wheelers. Hugely disrespectful of there own area and large Unreverseble Destruction! pretty embarassing... The apple doesn't fall far from the tree....

PS: blue plates with jumbo wild stickers are a good indication of where they are from
    That IS embarrassing. What the fug! Super lame. Obviously they all know that enforcement is next to non-existent...

Quote Originally Posted by knowsam View Post
    Misses and I are heading home to Canada for Xmas, and we’re looking to get in a few days each at SS, LL and KH. Sadly (or I guess happy) I realise that I’ve never had to buy individual lift tickets there before, always having had some sort of pass or card. Any recommendations on the best way to get a collection of tix for those three hills? I’ll be buying 6 for myself and 3-4 for my wife. Also any recommendations on some steeps clinics/lessons? Who’s and where is good for that sort of thing there (thinking an Extremely Canadian/Gordy’s style lesson). I know it’s been a good start, but I’m guessing it’s too much to hope the Dive will be open for the last week of Dec?

also check multi day tickets thru the "big 3" / ski hub office. Costco might be a bit cheaper, BUT the big3 includes bus trasnport to and from each hill. nice to get picked up at your hotel, and have a beverage after skiing and not drive

banff is SADLY lacking in the gordy camp thing. http://mtnguiding.com/ or cpow might have something going on?

and SSV patrol where in the dive doing work today. Its thin, but at least it is NOT moving.

Quote Originally Posted by sillybunt2 View Post
    Best bet for individual tickets would be COSTCO in Calgary. I haven't checked out their lift ticket display this season but SSV, LL and KH typically have 2 for $120 or something priced similar. Not sure if there are any blackout days for the holidays or not? Another place to check would be AMA who might have something listed on their website.
    Keep in mind both Costco and AMA require memberships (though I'm pretty sure you can cancel/quit your costco membership anytime and get a full refund).

SSV skied well today, road was a shit show.

Looking like tomorrow might be the day for big skis.

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    That IS embarrassing. What the fug! Super lame. Obviously they all know that enforcement is next to non-existent...
    Sadly, Not a problem isolated to your area.

Is there a reporting line?
    Last edited by cmcrawfo; 11-15-2016 at 07:36 PM.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    A heads up in case anyone on here is part of the group who has been skiing the glacier west of Radium, use some respect. It's not YOUR cabin, do not build extra bunks because you like bring all your friends or leave your shit behind. You will ruin access for everyone.
    Is that one of the columbia valley hut societies?
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Multi car pileup at 11:00am at the lower rock cut. Road was slick. No injuries but a few totalled cars. Staff bus in the ditch too

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post

You referring to me??? Not sure what difference it makes where someone is from, asshats are asshats.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Is that one of the columbia valley hut societies?
    Nope.

lake louise mens WC cancelled.

hill opens on friday, with almost 50 runs open
    http://www.skilouise.com/news-and-in...2016-11-16.php
    Looking like WH1 A will open and some of ER1,2 (crow bowl etc)

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    lake louise mens WC cancelled.

hill opens on friday, with almost 50 runs open
    http://www.skilouise.com/news-and-in...2016-11-16.php
    Looking like WH1 A will open and some of ER1,2 (crow bowl etc)
    Too bad about the WC. That must hurt the bottom line at LL.

That has to be one of the better openings in years!
    Marmot is Wednesday the 23rd. Lower only...

I'm confused at how they can open more runs than I've ever seen on opening day, and yet there's not enough snow for the WC?

I've done more damage to my skis in early season at louise than any other hill. I love the place but this sounds a little like trying to keep up with Sunshine w.r.t. early season terrain numbers?
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Snow line is quite high.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    I'm confused at how they can open more runs than I've ever seen on opening day, and yet there's not enough snow for the WC?

I've done more damage to my skis in early season at louise than any other hill. I love the place but this sounds a little like trying to keep up with Sunshine w.r.t. early season terrain numbers?
    From what I've heard the main issue is transporting all of the heavy equipment up - lower front side just doesn't have enough snow and the snow they have is not supportive enough. Upper mountain on the other hand is in great shape apparently. Not much difference to SSV when you consider the lower ski out is still a road and GE still rock whilst the village has amazing cover.

Today was very good at SSV. Great snow & great light (PC Luke Sudermann):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15123351_10103968897988502_4117382725255483219_o.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	192749

the freezing levels are 2000ft higher than normal. SSV ski out is still closed, but the guys are working on the dive.

Marmot on Wednesday the 23rd. Will be a bit weak of an opening but, hey, its open!