Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by weibo View Post
    Supposed to open for alternating traffic later tonight.
    Looks like they won't get it all cleaned up until spring…….bootpacking starts tomorrow at the Kho and there's a fresh 17cm from last night up there!! Looks to be a great early season dusting. It's rivalling the base of last december already!

Quote Originally Posted by goldenshowers View Post
    Looks like they won't get it all cleaned up until spring…….bootpacking starts tomorrow at the Kho and there's a fresh 17cm from last night up there!! Looks to be a great early season dusting. It's rivalling the base of last december already!
    Do you know if it will just be one lane until the full fix in spring?
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Papers this morning indicated perhaps a week until two lanes are available.

Looks like a nice early opening for Sunshine...Just some Facebook banter, anyone have first hand info?

November 4th for Sunshine! Thats pretty early. Last time that happened I think the Dive opened before December? Mntlion? can you shake the cobwebs and remember?

I have seen a divide opening in early Nov before, and a few dive opening in Nov or Dec. Normal is feb.

skibee and I will go up and do 4 runs on Thus for opening then run away from the unwashed masses

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Do you know if it will just be one lane until the full fix in spring?
    They are going to toss in another lane on the temporary with hopes before the long weekend. They are currently blasting to get some of that rock out of there to make more room. I have talked to some people who have hit it with only a 5 min delay, others have sat for 2 hours. Roll the dice or drive around via Radium.

Went thru this morning and was two lanes so no alternating. May have alternating later in day to allow for work but if you are going thru before real work starts or after its pretty quick.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

SSV opening was better then expected (keep in mind that I"m old and grumpy and its ONLY nov 3rd) wawa, berry, jack and wolf, open, with most of the terrain off the lifts avail Wet snow, so it helped to pack it into the ground. As per normal DONT bring good skis, but that is the case on every year, unitll we are at 120-150cm base.

If you have a pass its WELL worth going up for. If you are paying, maybe not (unless you are a dentist, then spend away)

overall good times.

A heads up in case anyone on here is part of the group who has been skiing the glacier west of Radium, use some respect. It's not YOUR cabin, do not build extra bunks because you like bring all your friends or leave your shit behind. You will ruin access for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    A heads up in case anyone on here is part of the group who has been skiing the glacier west of Radium, use some respect. It's not YOUR cabin, do not build extra bunks because you like bring all your friends or leave your shit behind. You will ruin access for everyone.
    Damn Calgarians

Care to elaborate? People are seriously building beds to suit? Leaving food trash behind?

People suck sometimes.

Angel opened today, I didn't get up there but people seemed to be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    Damn Calgarians

Care to elaborate? People are seriously building beds to suit? Leaving food trash behind?

People suck sometimes.
    Yup that's what i was told. Buddy went back yesterday to see if it was cleaned up.
    It really blows me away that someone thinks its ok to show up and alter a structure that is someone else's property.

Mamot pushed back to November 18th...That even feels optimistic. Mountain biking is good though.

Lake Louise has snow:

Name:  14962664_10154731518524853_4401271527263158593_n.jpg
Views: 1455
Size:  75.2 KB

Highwood could use a reload unless you're adventurous and not attached to a particular pair of skis:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15016230_10154731139654853_1023925387688171620_o.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	191975

Suck to hear folks aren't respecting a pretty awesome hut in a amazing location. Our crew was very appreciative back in September.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

Looks just fine! Can you share where? Want to go for a rip on Sunday and looking at options.

Any updates on Sunshine? Or inside scoop on the Lake? Might rip down for Thursday-Friday to hit one or the other. At first glance an opening day might be more exciting but I don't ski down that way much so am out of touch.

Hot Af fuck around here. There are spots that may be decent as seen above if you want to tour. Ssv the rocks should be visible.
    Bring your bike. The trails are like Velcro in canmore

18 degrees in Jasper. 22 on my deck. WTF!

good spring conditions for biking in banff today...

I have been pond skating already in years past

Correction. 20 degrees in the shade and 26 on my baking hot deck! Oh well. At least our alpine snow is tightening up.

Annnnnd....Raining to mid-mountain at Marmot. Losing snow fast.

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    Annnnnd....Raining to mid-mountain at Marmot. Losing snow fast.
    That't too bad, was planning a trip to Marmot Nov 20-21... I've never been

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastdan View Post
    That't too bad, was planning a trip to Marmot Nov 20-21... I've never been
    Great little mountain. Marmot skis the best after mid January. Last year was very dry in the spring and highly unlikely to happen again. (hopefully). Mid feb to the start of April is the best time to come here. Most springs April is still winter but who knows these days
    Once we hit 100 cm base the mountain skis awesome. Sounds weird compared to the massive snowfalls west of us but its a reality. Also 8-12 cm snowfalls ski much deeper than what you would think.
    Check in here before you come for condition up dates or PM me.

It rained in the village at SSV today. I didn't go any higher, so I can't say what happened up top.