School me on SW Int. lines

I'm having trouble finding an intermediate sink fly line for NE salt fishing. Haven't used any kind of sinking line in many years and am definitely out of the loop. From the research I've been doing it seems that most SW lines are floating, even the ones for cold water. What gives?

I'm really looking for something with a moderate sink rate that I can throw far. Will be fishing from land, so distance matters.
    I have the SA wavelength titan WF-F that I like a lot, FWIW, and will use in certain situations. Really looking between SA, Rio, and Airflo.

Airflo looks to have a decent selection of lines in this category though I've never used them before, and don't like how they don't list the sink rates. Just slow or fast, which really doesn't tell me shit.

Any recommendations would be helpful.

This is what I use on a couple setups, it is similar to your parameters.

Rio Outbound Short WF8I
    http://www.rioproducts.com/products/...bound-short-sw

I haven't done any NE salt fishing, but I have thrown a lot of big heavy flies some distance with it into an ocean.

School me on SW Int. lines

Thanks for the link.

For some reason their website wasn't working on my laptop browser, wouldn't let me expand to see the other line options. Seems to be running fine on my phone.

What's your opinion on the 30' head vs the longer 38' head? Any kind of noticeable difference or na?

You know, I don't even try to figure out which line to buy anymore.
    There are so many variants, that I get mired in the technicalities.
    I just call up Rio and ask them directly, describing the fishing and flies typically used.
    They are awesome and knowledgeable with their customer service and have directed me towards options that I hadn't previously considered.

I only know that one of those heads is 8' longer than the other, I imagine there is a difference in feel and effect, but I would need to cast them to know if I it made a difference to me.

Good luck

I've used that RIO line and it works well. Another alternative is to buy a chunk of T-8, T-11, or T-14 shooting head and a floating running line, and put it together. Cheap, works great, but takes more effort and knowhow.
    http://www.peninsulaflyfishers.org/r...otingHeads.pdf

Surf is very hard on your lines, so if you do it enough, you will prolly go to a shooting head system eventually.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

OBS works well, Airflo 40+ is another great option.

Yes, RIO changed their lines this year and it's confusing. If I had to choose, I'd go with the InTouch Striper 30ft Sink Tip. I've historically used their Striper Int lines, 1 weight heavier than the rod (10wt line on 9wt rod) because the modern stiff rods seems to handle it well. While I consistently cast 300', all the fish I catch are within 10-60'.
    ...And the greatest ice must crumble when it's flower's time to grow.

RIO lines being confusing?!

Quote Originally Posted by mushmouth View Post
    While I consistently cast 300', all the fish I catch are within 10-60'.
    It's all about the hero cast mang, so they can spool ya faster.

I am using SA Striper intermediate sinking. I like it. It shoots well and is not too stiff in cold water.
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb