Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Metallica!

Metallica's last four albums have sucked, although you could edit Load/Reload down to a solid EP. But the mid 90s was about when they became more of a touring band than a studio band. They still bring it live.

I once heard someone compare James to George Lucas. They both needed someone to guide their ideas. I don't doubt they'd be a very different band if Cliff was still alive, and probably still relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Was that the set order? Funny how it's worked it over time

Metallica - written by marketing teams according to lw
    queensryche - shit all over themselves in court, I think there are two bands that can use the name now
    Faith no more - not sure really, I don't think/know about them but a solid band

And the order of bands I'd want to see right now is from the bottom up
    Yeah, Soundgarden, FNM, Queensryche, Metallica. It was kinda weird with FNM the best performance of the day. I'd love to see a reunited Soundgarden. Some of the best shows I've been to were Soundgarden at SJS Event Center, Kaiser Auditorium, and smaller clubs in SF and Seattle before Badmotorfinger. Faith No More was also one of the best live shows of that time, along with Primus and the Melvins.

Didn't SG just tour? Temple of the Dog is playing a 25th ann tour, but not coming to Denver and LA & SF already sold out.
    I was at that SG show in SJ. Great show, but I just remember when they were done playing, they turned around and left the stage. No encore or anything. It was kind of strange.

Edit, Kim wasn't playing I think though, thus I guess not re-united. I may be off base on some of the details.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Didn't SG just tour? Temple of the Dog is playing a 25th ann tour, but not coming to Denver and LA & SF already sold out.
    I was at that SG show in SJ. Great show, but I just remember when they were done playing, they turned around and left the stage. No encore or anything. It was kind of strange.

Edit, Kim wasn't playing I think though, thus I guess not re-united. I may be off base on some of the details.
    Yeah, that SJ show was for Superunknown. I don't remember the no encore, but I do remember they played for almost 3 hours without a break and no chatter just music. So loud and so clean. I had tinnitus for a couple days. The show for Down On The Upside tour at Kaiser was unreal. Again really loud and clean sound. I remember standing mid way back on the floor and my body seemed to be vibrating, I thought it was me because I was really high but I looked at my buddies and they were like "Do you feel that too?"

Yeah, I don't remember feeling cheated. It was just memorably strange. It's sometimes funny the things I remember...and don't remember.

Wow, this isn't bad. Amazing how much energy those guys still give to every performance. Aren't they in their 50's?
    Saw a clip of RAtM when they got back together a few years ago, and it was like something was missing. A certain je ne sais quoi. Metallica always seems to still have it. Even if Lars is a midget douche.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Minny show streaming live on pandora. 8mst.

Haiduk - DemonicoN

Death metal project HAIDUK brings a crushing new release:
    “DEMONICON”!

Holy shit!

Just listened to 2nd & 3rd disc on drive home tonight. Gotta say I am liking it...that 3rd disc is a treat. Less erratic and I think some of it is kind of Load-ish. I liked those albums which I know some may not be of the same opinion. Stoked to give a some runs and see how she settles in, but liking it now which is bueno.
    Above song rips. Other vids are pretty great as well.

Any updates about Metallica?

They are touring and put on a great show, and the new album is really good. What more are you looking for?

Great! Hope they can do a one song collaboration with Dave Mustaine in the future.

I'm glad I quit after seeing them on the "Roam" tour in '91 at the Palace.

While I am not a Metallica fan by any stretch, I have seen them live 2X and have one or two albums laying about.
    Keeping that in mind, I rather enjoyed this profile…

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...s-of-metallica
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

M72 Tour “potential” set list.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1670524919.496543.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	416.5 KB 
ID:	437389
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1670524931.813119.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	308.0 KB 
ID:	437390

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Might have to find a way to these shows. They've been on my must-see live list for a long time and I don't want to miss the chance.

Too bad Phil is a low-key (if that's a thing) white supremacist, but Zakk on guitar is a solid Dime "replacement" even though I don't love that term. Hard to view that as "Pantera" in my mind.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Yea. More of a Pantera tribute than reunion. I’ll take it though.

New Metallica!

I’m listening to Master of Puppets for the first time in some years. Is there a better metal album?

Every song is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I’m listening to Master of Puppets for the first time in some years. Is there a better metal album?

Every song is amazing

It's definitely a great album.

They were so young

Damage, Inc. Is probably my pick for the best metal song of all time. Granted, I've not listened to every metal song ever released, so grain of salt and all that.

Every song is amazing

Possibly Justice for All? Probably tied.

Justice is just so dam heavy yet melodic at the same time. So good

Every song is amazing
    Um, Reign in Blood, haha, but yeah. MOP is definitely one of the best. Honestly can't stop listening. I guess I'm a middle aged white guy now. So much angst!

I've been geeking out on old Metallica for a few years now. Never really liked them enough to listen to them a lot when I was a teen, but that was during the black album.

Totally random, but we were blasting "Old School Metallica Radio" on our way over the pass to go to my wife's boring ass Xmas party the other night. Driving like 90-100 the whole way, almost got pulled over. Get to the xmas party at a local restaurant and who the fuck is sitting at the table across the room but James fucking Hetfield himself. I was pretty content knowing he was there and just went back to trying to drink enough to enjoy myself around a bunch of work nerds. Well he finishes up dinner and came over to our table to say hi because apparently he goes to my wife's office and knew her boss. I of course sat there slack jawed and didn't say a word. Still kicking myself but WTF do you say to James Hetfield? Oh well.