Favorite 6wt Boat Rod?

I don't love my medium flex 6wt 9' older Scott rod....I end up using my old 9'5wt RPL, but need a bit more for larger flies.....I am covered for wading rods, but since getting a raft past the committee five years ago never completely satisfied with my current rods from the boat....I want to be able to cast farther and quicker with larger dry dropper rigs (only rarely streamers) to farther banks and also quicker casts to pocket water from the raft....I fish mostly home rivers of Eagle, Roaring Fork, and Colorado.....any favorite 9-9.5 foot 6 wt rods recommendations???? thanks, Chet

I thought they really laid it down! Not exactly what you were looking for but my go to boat rod for nymphing and streamers (does through big hopz/dropz rigs( bro!)) Is a 10ft 6wt echo. I'm cheap so I'm usually fishing tfo and find I'm fishing my girlfriend's echos a lot more.

My 6wt is an older S4S. It handles big nymph rigs and streamers on sinking lines with equal aplomb. And it still has a soft enough touch to pull big fish out of fast water on tiny tippet.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Sage ESN 11ft 3wt with the fighting butt. Put a 5 line on it. Not kidding. Looks like they won't be making it next year, so snap one up now and live in glory until you break it.

I've broken mine twice this year.

Redington 11'6" 6wt Chromer is a fun rod I fished this year.

You can easily one-hand cast it with the Switch Chucker line, or give the two-handed a shot.
    -it's pretty mild in flex, so you get a good bend on it for even the "mightiest" of fish

Forgot to add snark:

You could just teach your girlfriend to row closer to the bank and back row harder through the fast stuff.

Dream on........(except even tougher because she is the wife)

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR View Post
    Dream on........(except even tougher because she is the wife)
    i'd get a drifty rafts fish like shit
    but what do i know my castin skills and rods work in the boat raft and on foot.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Sage One. Duh.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

the raft and trailer are paid for and a drifty isn't...I've sure had fun in both.....can't get a drift boat down the upper Eagle (my home water) no matter how good you are at the oars....pros and cons to both.....beats workin.....Chet

Get a $25 Eagle Claw Featherweight 5/6 X 8', overline it with the 6 and call it good. I fucking love my 3/4 Featherweight for $28.

That's right, $28. Sure, it's only 1 tenth as good as a Loomis/Sage/Winston/Thomas&Thomas/Whatever
    https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Claw-Fe.../dp/B0031HECBM
    'Cuz ya know, it's the horse, not the cowboy.

Also:
    12 year old wins World casting title:
    http://sportingclassicsdaily.com/fly...g-world-title/

Maxine has practiced casting for four hours each week since she was 8; the rod is a 40-year-old, $50 model her coach gave her three years ago.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I have an old S4S 7wt for steamer fishing...great rod.

I really like my Scott S4 6wt for longer cast and hopper rigs...nymphing from a raft is all about longer rods...10ft 4wt

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Forgot to add snark:

You could just teach your girlfriend to row closer to the bank and back row harder through the fast stuff.
    This!
    Oh and what the Rev saysSage One - Duh
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Let me add some more love for the scott S4S as a boat rod (and wading too...). I'm really happy with my 6wt for most floating, and particularly love it when chucking heavy stuff in the wind. Or light stuff, for that matter. A slight double haul works like a charm and tends to lay the line out nice. Or maybe into the nearest tree, depending on the beer/whiskey/fern consumption and/or my particular level of ineptitude at that moment.

Only limitation is that it's not quite as sweet as some other rods for delicate dry fly presentation. But that's a minor complaint, and it was never claimed to be prime for that sort of thing.