Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sweet TR good advice about the often overlooked pee bottle. Would mountain bike access have been possible for the lower portions?

Quote Originally Posted by XCextreme View Post
    Sweet TR good advice about the often overlooked pee bottle. Would mountain bike access have been possible for the lower portions?
    Thanks!

Ritter: All snow. A snowmobile might have saved a couple hours on the return.

Goethe: Not really. It was maybe an hour of uphill dry hiking. It would have been possible to do that segment on a bike, but not worth it.

Lyell: A mountain bike would have been very helpful but the entire trail is in a national park that prohibits mountain biking, so it isn't an option.

That was great to see (again). I have an obsession with the glacier divide area.

Forget running and riding, naked chainsawing is the way!

There are some pop sensations sharing about how to mitigate running injuries and continuing running. I was advised by a sports doc to check out the new kelly starrett book - I like his ideas but can't stand his writing. It's been working for me (between chainsawing episodes).

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    That was great to see (again). I have an obsession with the glacier divide area.

Forget running and riding, naked chainsawing is the way!

There are some pop sensations sharing about how to mitigate running injuries and continuing running. I was advised by a sports doc to check out the new kelly starrett book - I like his ideas but can't stand his writing. It's been working for me (between chainsawing episodes).
    Is it mandatory to wear a hockey mask or clown makeup when naked chainsawing?

As for trail running, it's nice, but I just don't want to do 10+ hours a week, particularly with the resulting injuries. I've started climbing (I suck) and that's probably the off-season direction I'll go.

it's not nekkid if yer wearing a mask! :P

i found an interesting training item last month. kids are playing in a deeper hole at the river, jumping off rocks and such, and i'm treading water while watching and/or swimming against the current. i did it long enough where i was feeling it a bit later that evening.

w/ climbing, you take it the "right" way, and you may end up running more. i had a super human friend that once "climbed" whitney: 6 hours car-to-car via the east face was the claim. personally, i run to (try to) maintain a base-level fitness because it takes less time than riding and i need that "extra" time at the moment for running the saw.