Lake Fork Peak Descent, New Mexico

Here is the link to my trip report from climbing and snowboarding down Lake Fork Peak in the Sangre de Cristo mountain range of New Mexico this past spring. Enjoy! Lake Fork Peak Trip Report
    "May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds" Edward Abbey

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i remember real tr's
    and tags
    #dunfreesgone
    #maketgrgreatagain
    #sweetbloglinkbro
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Oh sorrry! Someday I will be good enough to actually write a tr here until then I guess I will just link it brah! Maybe when I start fishing? Will I be badass enough then? #dunfreesgone #makegrgreatagain #sweetbloglinkbro . Guess I am just a gaper brah. Sorry! #sorrynotsorry #gnar #ride #sicbrah #whocares #icareaboutthegnarbrah #chastity #purity #tender #butthurt #thegnariswhatmattersbrah
    Last edited by zachtaylorsnowboarding; 08-15-2016 at 10:01 PM.
    "May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds" Edward Abbey

Don't come to Taos for da powder,
    Don't come to Taos for da steeps,
    Don't come to Taos for Kachina Peak,
    Don't come to Taos.

Links aren't TR's. Copy pasted with a "see more" linking to your blog isn't a TR. If you want people on TGR to care, put in the effort and do some original writing on here.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    please don't start fishin weve got way to many self centered narrasistic hotspotting insta bloggy gram twatters
    as it is now
    try n not be butthurt when the community tells you youre doin it wrong or your shit sucks and you may enjoy your time here a bit more
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by zachtaylorsnowboarding View Post
    Oh sorrry! Someday I will be good enough to actually write a tr here until then I guess I will just link it brah! Maybe when I start fishing? Will I be badass enough then? #dunfreesgone #makegrgreatagain #sweetbloglinkbro . Guess I am just a gaper brah. Sorry! #sorrynotsorry #gnar #ride #sicbrah #whocares #icareaboutthegnarbrah #chastity #purity #tender #butthurt #thegnariswhatmattersbrah
    Take a deep breath.
    Then write a TR. Sounds interesting.

I for one am not too lazy to click a link. Glad I did. Nice list of peaks you got going. I clicked through a bunch of them. Cool stuff, keep it up.

I thought it was cool.

Personally, I'm grateful for any TR these days. It's not like this page is brimming over with a huge number of new TRs. I also prefer the TR to appear in the actual thread and not via links. But beggars can't be choosers, and more TRs are better than fewer.

Thanks yeahman! I am glad you enjoyed the my website. Happy turns! Zach

AKbruin and yeahman, Thanks for the comments and thanks for reading the TRs. I am glad you enjoyed them. I do agree that more TRs are better than fewer. There is very little written on the internet regarding the area I am writing about above so I thought I would link it here. I always find it interesting how people can be so much more immediately disrespectful on the internet than they would in person. Case in point above. Social constraints and human culture are an interesting thing. While I understand that people appreciate trs being written on the actual site being posted to, I just am not going to write three trip reports for three different sites. I have no interest in being a pro rider. I am not here trying to make it big or get a sponsorship. I have a good career and I climb and ride what I want when I want, as a consequence of this not being my job. I enjoy sharing my stories, pictures and video just to share them with others so I linked it here and am glad some appreciate it. I think I will download a couple photos here for future trs as that will help with the negative nancys out there (did not think about that when posting) but I am not writing multiple trs for multiple sites. However I will link my trs to multiple sites so that those that are looking for info on a particular mountain have easier access to the info. Those that get butt hurt about it can go wrap their ski tips around a tree on a green run at Vail and snow plow head first into a tree well. TGRs editors/site moderators can delete it if they don't like it and past that all I hear is white noise. I use multiple sites to search trs and always appreciate the links to personal sites, in large part because many of the private links are from people that are really getting after it and they offer a wealth of information. You kind of have to be doing at least a decent bit to have a viable personal site and that is value added to ski/snowboarding databases. Thanks for reading and happy turns! Zach
    Last edited by zachtaylorsnowboarding; 08-16-2016 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zachtaylorsnowboarding View Post
    There is very little written on the internet regarding the area I am writing about above so I thought I would link it here.
    I just typed skiing lake fork peak into google and got over four pages of relevant info and TRs before I quit clicking. It's probably one of the most well-known and most often hit backcountry shots in NM. A nice morning jaunt.

I don't have any problem with TRs, though I'd rather see them written here (hint; copy and paste), and I'm glad you had fun, but to set the record straight there isn't a lack of interwebz info about skiing Lake Fork.

Edit: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...f-Walter-White

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...oke?highlight=
    Last edited by Meadow Skipper; 08-17-2016 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I just typed skiing lake fork peak into google and got over four pages of relevant info and TRs before I quit clicking. It's probably one of the most well-known and most often hit backcountry shots in NM. A nice morning jaunt.

I don't have any problem with TRs, though I'd rather see them written here (hint; copy and paste), and I'm glad you had fun, but to set the record straight there isn't a lack of interwebz info about skiing Lake Fork.

Edit: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...f-Walter-White

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...oke?highlight=
    Next time, you better be healthy when I'm down there B.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Next time, you better be healthy when I'm down there B.
    I know. We'll hit Sin Nombre, or some of the side chutes, or maybe even something in the Truchas.