Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sorry for the modest thread Necro. Haven't opened TGR in a while.

Herman Miller has free returns. That's ultimately why I bought one instead of risking the lame restocking fee on a Lifeform chair.

I got the Embody. Expensive, yes, but a critical piece of gear for my livelihood. It was barely good enough to keep. Definitely quirky though.

I bet a Recaro bus driver seat on a fabricated pedestal base would rock. Many automotive seats are far superior to stupid office chairs. Ultimately, I'll build one (I don't like Recaro's pre-fabbed office chairs).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    I bet a Recaro bus driver seat on a fabricated pedestal base would rock. Many automotive seats are far superior to stupid office chairs. Ultimately, I'll build one (I don't like Recaro's pre-fabbed office chairs)
    i have seen a company that takes mercedes truck seats and converts them into office chairs. its a good idea, theyre already designed for long term use.
    also there are specialized seats that i think were designed for our emergency services callcenter staff (911 sort of people) that looked amazing too.
    but in the end i called a chair wholesaler/importer with the largest range i could find (including Aeron), told them my requirements, with basically unlimited budget, and for $400 i ended up with one of the best chairs ive ever had. gel instead of foam or mesh seems to have been the important change.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Those Aeron chairs are fucking terrible.

Skiers and mountain bikers already tend to have closed hips.

Those chairs act like a hammock, spreading your ass and rolling your thighs and hips inward into a constantly working and closed position...for 8 or 10 hours a day.

Are you wondering why your hamstrings are fucked, your hips are fucked, and you no longer have feeling in your balls and taint/perineum?

Fuck that.

It's a trendy design, just like those yoga balance ball chairs or minimalist running shoes or any product made by Apple, which puts a fashionable design theory ahead of practical use and ergonomics and then they jack up the price to make it desirable and market the shit out of a turd, hobbling people who don't know any better.
    It me! What do I need to remedy?!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums