Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

OFFICIAL 2016-2017 College Football thread

Got the season ticket in the mail and fall camp started today. It is time!

I like the Buckeyes a lot this year, people seem
    To be selling them a bit short. Tennessee hype train is in full gear....they have to prove it. Bama is gonna be Bama! Roll Tide!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Oregon once again plays whack-a-mole with strengths and weaknesses. Running backs may be strongest in the NCAA. Defense should be better under Brady Hoke, though still marginal. Fastest WR corps in the game with one going to the Olympics.

And absolutely no fucking quarterback.

I put us 2nd or 3rd in the Pac12.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Go Blue
    I still call it The Jake.

First rankings out today. http://teamstre.am/2aonecG

And go Gophers.

Heh. Just this morning I was thinking about when this thread would finally be started.

Don't know how good SC will be this season. Haven't been following closely for a few years now- I don't even visit the SC boards anymore. But now that the worthless Irish drunk is gone (and hopefully dead soon), maybe there's hope. HC Clay Helton has a lot to prove- he sucked when he was interim HC, and I still think that this will end up as another lousy hire. Brady hoke would have been a great pick up, but Pat Hayden was never interested in improving the football program.

Bammer is gonna roll SC in the opener. We'll be starting a new QB and replacing our entire 2-deep DL. I also seem to recall reading recently that there are Mike issues as well. Not good. Skill positions ought to be solid, though, and for once in a long time we appear to have a solid pair of starting corners. Pendergast is a solid DC, but I have no idea what Tee Martin brings to the table as OC. I can see this team losing five games.

But at least I'm not a fucking bruin!
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

SC will be tough for Bama. 2 legit tackles will keep the pressure off and this isn't as deep a DL as last year. JuJu is electric and Adoree can take away 1 side of the field. Bama is inexperienced at RB and QB but loaded and deep at WR. 27-13 maybe....
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Got the season ticket in the mail and fall camp started today. It is time!

I like the Buckeyes a lot this year, people seem
    To be selling them a bit short. Tennessee hype train is in full gear....they have to prove it. Bama is gonna be Bama! Roll Tide!
    You have more hope than I do...! I have no idea what to expect from the Bucks this year and with all the new blood gone there will be a lot of new talent starting for the Bucks...

Michigans D should be off the charts, but the offense is a big question mark...

And as much as it pains me Alabama should light it up this year and dominating... Regardless, I am fucking stoked for the season to start...

9/10/16, the grass at Heinz field will finally resemble its namesake after the blood letting of The Creepy Valley Pedo Bears. It's been nearly 16 years since that shit stain in the middle of the state had the balls to play us. Too bad old Paturdo isn't alive to watch from a jail cell TV.

Nebraska had their all Big Ten, NFL caliber punter die in a car wreck about two weeks ago.

Then the wide receivers coach and ace recruiter got nabbed on Sunday AM for his 3rd DUI after rear ending another car in Lincoln. The person he hit was apparently cool with just exchanging insurance info, but they called the cops after he said his car insurance company was Blue Cross Blue Shield.

He still has a job at the moment. He clearly has a drinking problem.

All that aside I'm excited for the season. The Nebraska Oregon game is circled on my calendar.

OMG....college football tomorrow!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

sweet baby jebus husky hopes to fuck the ducks are sky high. it's been a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooong decade for the dawgs

Pac X is undefeated.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

What's up with Oregon St holding open tryouts a week before the season opener? If my Gophers find a way to lose to them Thursday I will shed tears.

The timing is a bit odd for tryouts. Usually a school will do it a few weeks before spring practice. It's a low risk high reward thing if they can find a kid or two who can make the extended roster. I think it's also a good move to get students to feel like it's their team and if they have the chops they can be a member of it. That being said I am guessing without any other knowledge that Oregon St will do well to make a bowl.

Go Gamecocks

We at least have a good recruiting class next year!

Almost time......Lets go BAMA!!!

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1472429960.839836.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  132.9 KB

These shirts are pretty funny with the play on the Tide TE torching Clemson in the natty.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

awesome. hopefully, we won't have to listen to this senile, racist fuck on espn much longer

Deadspin: Lou Holtz Nixed From Speaking At Gala After Immigration Comments. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwkYGxsS0

Holtz, you may remember, shared some of his thoughts on immigration at the Republican National Convention last month: namely, that it is an “invasion.” This was followed with, “I don’t want to speak your language, I don’t want to celebrate your holidays, I sure as hell don’t want to cheer for your soccer team.”

This is Michigan's year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    This is Michigan's year.
    I would agree with you if they had an offense... Their D will be by far one of the best in the nation, but offense has to many holes...!

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    I would agree with you if they had an offense... Their D will be by far one of the best in the nation, but offense has to many holes...!
    Not super concerned with the offense for the following reasons:

1. Skill positions are loaded -- return Darboh and Chesson at WR; Butt at TE and can platoon enough at RB to be sufficient
    2. Experienced if not totally dominate OL
    3. Harbaugh
    4. QB just needs to be a game manager; if our defense plays as strong as advertised, don't need a star at QB -- I call this the Trent Dilfer effect

And when I say its our "year", I mean that we should make the CFP -- once there, its a bit hard to say whether or not we will win the championship.

If we can get past Oklahoma I will definitely be looking forward to Michigan's visit to the Shoe... The Big 10 should be exciting this year and more competitive than it has been for years...

As a Buckeye grad I don't know what to expect from the team this year with all of the key position losses... However, the coaches seem pretty stoked on all the new blood and Meyer said JT is the best he has ever seen him perform...

So ready for this Sat and get a chance to see all the new blood play...

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    If we can get past Oklahoma I will definitely be looking forward to Michigan's visit to the Shoe... The Big 10 should be exciting this year and more competitive than it has been for years...

As a Buckeye grad I don't know what to expect from the team this year with all of the key position losses... However, the coaches seem pretty stoked on all the new blood and Meyer said JT is the best he has ever seen him perform...

So ready for this Sat and get a chance to see all the new blood play...
    Even if this a "down year" for OSU, they have so much freaking talent on that team and impeccable coaching that it is foolish to count them out until noted otherwise. My guess is that they lay a spanking on OU. Fuck you Boomer Sooner.

Go AZ Wildcats and Ducks!!! Just everybody whoop big 10 or whatever it is now, please! Might have to see what an LSU or 'Bama game is like while I'm down here.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Let my Husker Playoff delusions live longer than they have in past seasons!

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    This is Michigan's year.
    Hope so. I don't think all American QB help arrives till next year though, right?
    I still call it The Jake.