Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    I get what you are saying about MI, but WTF is the point of a conference championship then? Why even hold the game? PSU or the Badgers will have had to both play and beat one more quality/top ten team while MI advances--with fewer wins and fewer quality wins--without playing anybody? And if they had played in the game maybe have lost? Fuck it, they beat UW by one score, playing in Ann Arbor, two months ago. All they had to do was beat a lowly IA team and they couldn't even handle that. They have lost lost 2 of their last 3. If they beat PSU, UW will have won 7 in in a row. Fuck MI and their whiny, brat-ass coach.

Quote Originally Posted by PassTheDutchie View Post
    I get what you are saying about MI, but WTF is the point of a conference championship then? Why even hold the game? PSU or the Badgers will have had to both play and beat one more quality/top ten team while MI advances--with fewer wins and fewer quality wins--without playing anybody? And if they had played in the game maybe have lost? Fuck it, they beat UW by one score, playing in Ann Arbor, two months ago. All they had to do was beat a lowly IA team and they couldn't even handle that. They have lost lost 2 of their last 3. If they beat PSU, UW will have won 7 in in a row. Fuck MI and their whiny, brat-ass coach.
    Point of conference championship is ...$. Thought that was obvious. Again, the system is set up to be subjective - conference championship is not a criteria.

I'm not a Michigan grad, but they did beat #s 6, 7, and 8. That's nobody?

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    conference championship is not a criteria.

I'm not a Michigan grad, but they did beat #s 6, 7, and 8. That's nobody?
    Not true--Conference Championships are listed as one of the criteria in the principles in selecting the playoff teams in the printed FP Selection Committee doctrine. And, further, by record MI is the third best team in their division of the Big 10.

Not true--Conference Championships are listed as one of the criteria in the principles in selecting the playoff teams in the printed FP Selection Committee doctrine. And, further, by record MI is the third best team in their division of the Big 10.
    Well, the committee already has MI ahead of the three teams they beat, so maybe you're right and the Big 10 championship would put WI ahead of them, but it won't reverse the head-to-head losses.

Result would = Clusterfuck...

I'm a Pac 12 fan anyway, so am actually rooting for UW to make it in.

It's just clear that the whole CFP system allows the bowl $ grab to continue and the system is subjective.

Kinda like judging figure skating...

Figure skating is easier than this.

Just pay off the Russian judge.
    I still call it The Jake.

Lane Kiffin and Les Miles are leading the list of candidates for HC at Houston.

I know it's different for Miles because, well, he's out of a job, but do you think he'd rather sign on as an assistant somewhere in a power conference with a chance to chase National Championships or always be the pretty good underdog at an AAC school?

Same for Kiffin. How bad do you want to be a head coach again that you'd leave the title-producing juggernaut that Alabama is? If he leaves, my guess is that NCAA sanctions are about to hit Bama. Shitbirds fly the coop right before it hits.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Same for Kiffin. How bad do you want to be a head coach again that you'd leave the title-producing juggernaut that Alabama is? If he leaves, my guess is that NCAA sanctions are about to hit Bama. Shitbirds fly the coop right before it hits.
    Ummm... money? That Houston job is gonna pay a ton, and they are looking to join a "real" conference soon. A man could make his mark succeeding in that environment, rather than being a career bridesmaid.

Lane Kiffin and Les Miles are leading the list of candidates for HC at Houston.

I know it's different for Miles because, well, he's out of a job, but do you think he'd rather sign on as an assistant somewhere in a power conference with a chance to chase National Championships or always be the pretty good underdog at an AAC school?

I think what's appealing about Houston (as opposed to other mid-majors) is all the talent in TX ; given that Miles and Kiffin are both big names, it would figure that they could draw in a fair amount of good players (and I wouldn't imagine UH's admissions requirements are all that tough for fball players). Given the paucity of tough teams in conference, you've got a chance to win a lot of games and maybe make a run at the playoffs.

Thanks. Take all the bullshit out of it and have the conference champions play each other, end of story. The BSC is about as useful as the Electoral College in regards to the national championship.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    A man could make...
    Well, that rules out Darth Kiffin.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I expect Kiffin to coach his last game at BAMA on Saturday. Maybe he heads to LSU, maybe he gets a gig of his own. He's a pretty damn good OC and did a fine job at BAMA.

Funny all the outrage in 2011 about BAMA making the title game without even winning their division....now then....not so much outrage.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Don't forget the Ducks are looking for a new coach...

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Don't forget the Ducks are looking for a new coach...
    Ohio State's OC is rumored to be #1 on the list.

I think Kiffin to LSU would be really appealing but why would you want to purposely go up against Alabama every year as long as Saban is there?

Ohio State's OC is rumored to be #1 on the list.

I think Kiffin to LSU would be really appealing but why would you want to purposely go up against Alabama every year as long as Saban is there?
    No tears lost on my side... Ever since Herman has left our offense has not been the same... Play calling has been inconsistent and lacks any creativity...

Def will be glued to the TV tonight...! Good luck...!

Beat the Huskies!!!. Buffs are my team for tonight. I'm even wearing a CU hoodie.

Whatever keeps the Pedos out of the playoff I'm all for!

If Washington loses that will turn the championship playoffs into a complete free for all...! You gotta love CFB...!

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Game Tonight, Gentlemen!
    Go Buffs!

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Game Tonight, Gentlemen!
    Fucking amazing! You figure that the Pac-12 could have worked out a Saturday game (there's only, like, a dozen tomorrow) and get much better national television exposure. Could help with the pollsters, you know. I love my conference, but will likely miss the game tonight. Thursday/Friday night games are great if you're in the WAC, MAC, or JAC conference, but worthless (absolutely worthless!) for a major conference team(s).
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

If, and it's a HUGE if, Washington and Clemson were to stumble, is it even remotely possible that you could see 3 B1G teams make the playoff?

Would it matter if they weren't in the same conference?

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    If Washington loses that will turn the championship playoffs into a complete free for all...! You gotta love CFB...!
    I'm down with that and Clemson losing too. a total muck up of the CFB with 3 big 10s and bama, that would piss off everyone except the big 10 (and CU also becomes pac12 champ, not bad at all)
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Let's go CU! And please somehow let BAMA play Michigan....please.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Let's go CU! And please somehow let BAMA play Michigan....please.
    MS, have never met you, but would love to ski with you... I would love for Michigan to play Bama... No issues with Michigan, but Harbaugh is a douche...!

Dude, Alabama has won enough. Time to step up and reverse the Colorado Bama snow curse.