Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    I think Peterson is one of the best coaches in the country. He'll have that team ready to go. BAMA isn't perfect, but if they dedicate themselves to running downhill, my guess is UW won't be able to stop em. Browning will need a career day.
    UC Davis rules MFers !

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    UC Davis rules MFers !
    A Socher (RIP) disciple!

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    So the formula is run your conference and schedule D2 schools?

Got it.

If your conference schedule has 9+1 games with teams like UW, WSU, Utah, Stanford, Colorado, and USC (and no freebies like the B1G, ACC, or SEC).

Bama's out of conference game to SC almost got them to a PAC-12 schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    If your conference schedule has 9+1 games with teams like UW, WSU, Utah, Stanford, Colorado, and USC (and no freebies like the B1G, ACC, or SEC).

Bama's out of conference game to SC almost got them to a PAC-12 schedule.
    The B1G doesn't allow teams to schedule D2 schools.

And come on, are you really saying that the PAC 12 is as tough as the B1G? The B1G has 4 teams in the top 10!

I'm no skip Bayless and don't care (I am enjoying the shit stirring though ) but come on man, don't be silly. Happy for your Huskies hope they make a stand in ATL.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    Fuck I hate espn arguments and all those people! Really hoping washington would make the playoff and they did! Now espn spent the enitre day saying "what kind message the playoff committee will send if washington with the worst schedule is in", it's the fucking same message that was sent with ohio in which is schedule a couple good teams in your schedule and don't worry about winning your conference, but that was never mentioned! Also fuck the committee saying it's not about the matchups, when it was clear they wanted a bama vs clem/osu champ game!

At least one of the espn guys was brave enough to say if jerseys were swapped between osu and penn the b1g champ would be in if that was osu!

I had no dog in this fight but fuck, will be watching the games and probably listening online radio local to whoever the underdog is!
    So I guess with this rant you are expecting a good matchup between the Huskies and Bama...? All you have to di is look at strength of schedule rankings and see the Huskies did not run a gauntlet... I def do not consider Standord and Utah a powerhouse...

I guess we will see when they face Bama... My guess is a 24+ point differential... I do think the Clemson and Bucks game will be a good one and if I had to pick I do believe it will be Bama and Clemson... Obviously feel Bama will take it all again...

And Xavier with the teams you listed when was the last time any of them other than USC (which the Huskies lost to) won a NC...? Never once have I ever thought of WSU, Colorado or Utah a threat or dominant football team...

Kinda crazy that OSU (or any team) could win the National Championship but not their division or conference.

The matchup was really to allow bama vs osu/clemson in the final, since I believe wu would have at least a chance against either osu or clemson.

they should do for the playoff like they do for the auto bid for the group of five, best ranked champion, same with playoff best 4 conference champions.

tcu/baylor got kicked out of the playoff because of conf champ the first year now they say it doesn't matter, no consistency! but that would be too much to ask!

my guess is that it went down to osu victory over ou and penn loss to michigan.

if it wasn't for that terrible 49-10 loss, it would be hard to put osu in.

and yeah bama should take it home again, I don't see any other team close to them, did they even need offense in the sec champ? I think defense and special team scored more than florida!

You do remember PSU had two losses and when they were losing to Pitt OSU crushed Oklahoma (45 to 24) on the road and are now ranked 7th... Pitt I believe lost 4 games and is 22nd...

And I will leave it here... When OSU won their last NC the pollsters wanted Oregon and Bama playing for the NC as they were viewed as the best two teams... The Bucks ended up beating Bama and than - well we know what they did to the Ducks... If the Huskies are all that and had such a challenging schedule than no reason they can't do the same...

OFFICIAL 2016-2017 College Football thread

Not sure the ACC is all that strong. I am not saying Clemson didn't deserve a spot but I do not think they are as strong as PSU or Michigan or perhaps even OU. They may be the biggest pretenders.

I have no issues w Washington being there. I carry a bit more respect for conference champs. I'd be bitter if a PSU fan given the head to head win and the title. Michigan, PSU, Ohio State arguably a toss up.

'Bama seems to be levitating at even a higher level than recent years. They play their best ball, all she wrote. They still won't be taking anyone lightly.

No disrespect to Deshaun Watson but Clemson is a top 10 team, not a top 5. We'll see.
    Last edited by Doremite; 12-05-2016 at 08:07 AM.
    Uno mas

Don't Coug it.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Michigan didn't exactly roll over Colorado. Michigan was loosing until CO's QB got hurt.

I'm not arguing the Big 10 doesn't have more top tier teams than any other conference. They do. They also have a bunch of easy weeks in their conference schedule. At least they still play 9 conference games, unlike the Atlantic Seaboard conferences...

No one wants to talk about the second half of the season FCS game that all the SEC teams play, as if the bottom of the SEC didn't offer enough easy games. Half of an ACC schedule might as well be against group of 5 or FCS teams.

Who knows come January the Pac-12 might have gone 0-out in the post season and I'all be eating my words, but I doubt it.

Anyway, my end of season best four
    1. Alabama
    Big gap
    2. Ohio State
    3. Washington
    4. Penn State

I was never that impressed by Clemson this year, and thought that they had the overall easiest schedule of any of the top 10 teams.

Wait, I just noticed that all the New Year's Day bowl games are on January 2nd this year? Because of the crappy NFL? (At least this year)

Looks like I'll be doing something other than nursing a hangover in front of great college football this New Year's Day.

Old BCS formula would have the same top 4, although Ohio State and Clemson might have been flipped. (Doesn't matter cuz they're playing each other on a neutral field.)

4. Penn State
    How did you deal with Penn State's 39-point loss to Michigan in your calculation?

Anyway, my end of season best four
    1. Alabama
    Big gap
    2. Ohio State
    3. Washington
    4. Penn State

I was never that impressed by Clemson this year, and thought that they had the overall easiest schedule of any of the top 10 teams.
    Are we looking at the same schedule? Clemson played Auburn, VTech, Louisville and Florida State. Washington lost decidedly to USC and rolled a decent Colorado team but if you're judging off strength of schedule, UW had undoubtedly the weakest schedule of anyone being considered for the playoffs. The Pac12 was AWFUL this year and that's coming from a Pac 12 fan.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Rough week for CU. RIP Rashaan Salaam. Glad I was there for his heisman year

That stinks
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Looks like the ducks hired a brother as their new HC.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Looks like the ducks hired a brother as their new HC.
    Optimistic take at Bleacher Report

Kiffin going to Houston - def did not see that one coming...

Huh. Me neither.

At least this way he doesn't have to face Saban every year.

Missed this earlier this week. Cincinnati coach Tommy Tuberville resigned. Just up and quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Kiffin going to Houston - def did not see that one coming...
    Joey Freshwater is single. Lots of quality tail in Houston

That hire isn't final but either way Lane isn't in Tuscaloosa next year. I wish him well, he did an amazing job as the BAMA OC.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    ....he did an amazing job as the BAMA OC.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...ETC...
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

He still owes Al money.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.