Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I loved the Bachman Books. That marching one was pretty twisted for my teenage brain.

First actual shower since Nov. 27 at the WASH TUB in Bishop for $5! Pretty nice down here will investigate W. Line today and pound Keystones. Even scored some well hidden ARIZONA FRUIT PUNCH at RITE-AID YELL!

So road closes way up here. There's one sexy spot unplowed at a campground entrance with a nice big tree but I had to settle for the only plowed option. Bulletin board says WINTER CAMPING FREE. I should go out and try to hurt myself on my snurfer. Looks easily achievable 'round here.

23 keystone Ice and Captain Morgan 2 day session alone at my campground. Too bad the plows didn't block BOTH campsite exits so I would've been spared Mammoth diss.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0975.jpg 
Views:	479 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	197193Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0975.jpg 
Views:	479 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	197193

Best American snack product rediscovered and it is Pizza COMBOS. Safeway/Vons BAKED CHICKEN is equally good. Roll in there near closing and ask the girl for the whole nasty pile for like $5. The thighs never dry out.

The girl's or the chicken's?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I deserved that. Buried up at 6.5k or so 168. Playing BLOGPOLY whole lotta sun(guitar slash).

headed up to the campsite at 6.5k last Saturday. It dumped. Caltrans decided to cease all plowing with the exception of totally plugging up one entrance. Called mr ranger yesterday who turned out to be a raging cop wanna-be and his "protocol" was to ask stupid shit all day and threaten the cops if I got the least bit impatient. He even referred to his aqua pickup truck with shovels in the back as his patrol car, funny. He was all counting up my 8 days out of 14 allowed there too, even though I was stranded against my will, very helpful. Back in town Joseph's store wasn't doing salmon chunks, I got ONE POUND ROAST BEEF LOG cooked medium rare with macaroni salad for $7.76. Plus $10 cash back.
    Also found some rocks at the beach previously.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0983.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	198769Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0439.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	198770

I forgot, last time I saw sweet "Angel" he was riding on the side of the Caltrans tractor looking down at the snow like he was controlling something.

Quote Originally Posted by smallies View Post
    headed up to the campsite at 6.5k last Saturday. It dumped. Caltrans decided to cease all plowing with the exception of totally plugging up one entrance. Called mr ranger yesterday who turned out to be a raging cop wanna-be and his "protocol" was to ask stupid shit all day and threaten the cops if I got the least bit impatient. He even referred to his aqua pickup truck with shovels in the back as his patrol car, funny. He was all counting up my 8 days out of 14 allowed there too, even though I was stranded against my will, very helpful. Back in town Joseph's store wasn't doing salmon chunks, I got ONE POUND ROAST BEEF LOG cooked medium rare with macaroni salad....
    Maybe I gotta stop by Joseph's on the way to BBI. Small detour, looks to be totally worth it.

great thread pls keep updates coming.
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

This was better than usual as I left only a sea of gnarly small steaks in my fortunate wake. I like to jump on the pork chops if available because I will not pan fry mediocre pork. Of course there's always COMBOS! K-mart doing $1.67. Some surprising new combinations.. https://www.combos.com/products

Wanked off in Bishop for more days with Vons parking lot as my bedroom (gosh the weather was lovely though). Managed to get not one but 2 fresh sim card from the gestapo at the att store. Powered up the first one and it automatically activated it to my $75-8GB account=bad. Next one was activated by a Ebay seller of unlimited accounts. One seller had like 100!? Didn't seem too stealth so I'm trying the guy with one, for $130/month. Got provisioned up (36 K-stones,12 Crush, 12 A+W, trying Captn' Morgan RESERVE, 50% off steak, $5 bag frozen raw shrimp for cocktail, 12 eggs, stagg dynamite hot chili, and the always important $250 OPEN NATURE bread with accompanying HONEY TURKEY. The ROASTED TURKEY smells weird. but the buttermilk mnts. campground was blocked off. Headed up route 6 into Nevada and there isn't dick for parking spots. Found this path within view of the road on the way to Fish Lake that should have a 95% probability of a passing officer or ranger carding me.

Waiting for the Death Valley wildflower bloom http://www.desertusa.com/wildflo/ca_dv.html

Had a nice campstove meal that reminded me of when you reheat leftover turkey, stuffing, potatoes, and gravy in a small pan with the lid on. Ingredients were: Progresso creamy alfredo with chicken and penne pasta with one baked chicken breast that you had left. One half box of mushroom couscous one half of spice packet. Crushed red pepper just to use it up. Little cayenne for the hell of it don't be scared. Coarse ground garlic powder plenty and same garlic salt and black pepper. Get the chicken and soup roiling with cover on, then add couscous and chill out because it's probably already threatening to boil over. Without parmesan, butter, or olive oil this is a great rich meal you will be full as fuck.

Motley rehearsal possible racism https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_YtCpC12Kg

With debit card worries I arrived in Nevada without much reserve fuel. The station in Mina showed up as forever closed. Other morning I drove 60 miles on old crumbling route 6 east to Tonopah where a glorious Chevron/Subway/Burger King station resides. $4.30 got me 2 sausage/ egg croissants! On the way back there was a small pullout (no trucks) rest area with fat pigeons eating cheddar Goldfish crackers, fully occupying a very good parking spot. The bathroom had push button hot faucet (old style. you push you get, you release you get nuthin'). Got some actually hot water in my stainless bowl and washed my hair for the first time in 9 days. Back at the ranch I'm camped near the highest peak in NV but not too close. It isn't cold maybe windy. I'm also right by the road but no coppa activity whatsoever. The commute to Tonopah will likely happen again, too bad they're constructing the largest solar array on earth on the way there so construction delays are guaranteed.

kick it up a notch.....BAM!

You gotta get yourself some MSG. Scale it .05% by weight to the entire bowl of slop. Only way to kick that up even higher. Oh and a splash of white wine.. don't cheap out here... Yellowtail sauv blanc or something else classy.

Quote Originally Posted by smallies View Post
    Had a nice campstove meal that reminded me of when you reheat leftover turkey, stuffing, potatoes, and gravy in a small pan with the lid on. Ingredients were: Progresso creamy alfredo with chicken and penne pasta with one baked chicken breast that you had left. One half box of mushroom couscous one half of spice packet. Crushed red pepper just to use it up. Little cayenne for the hell of it don't be scared. Coarse ground garlic powder plenty and same garlic salt and black pepper. Get the chicken and soup roiling with cover on, then add couscous and chill out because it's probably already threatening to boil over. Without parmesan, butter, or olive oil this is a great rich meal you will be full as fuck.
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

Good idea but another misc. bottle cluttering up the car trying to avoid. Might have to get some red for beef stew or those silly lambs that I see for 50% off. Maybe less than half box couscous is preferred.

Weak, wonky, toad breath honky that;s too good for you farmland

Dodgin' hail, sun cancer -n- washouts at the Nevada/Idaho border. Taking my 80 Keystones for a ride.. and it's windy Windu.

Champy thar lemon song ski fish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efYZ4-fGDR8