Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 31 of 31
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,339
    Hall and Heil mentioned above are good. Picture Rock (which is technically part of Heil but has a different trailhead) is a beautiful trail. Popular so not good to ride at busy times, but if you want natural beauty, it's great. Hall has a big rock garden that your wife won't like if she doesn't like techy climbs, but you can park in town (Lyons), ride up Antelope and do the loop at the top, then skip antelope on the way down and ride Bitterbrush, the rock garden descent.

    If you want close in higher elevation stuff, West Mag has lots of fun stuff, lower down stuff is rolling intermediate terrain, but you can also do some big climbing and descending up there.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    6,360
    I would not recommend either Longhorn or the Hall rock garden to a "solid upper intermediate on techy downhills." An intermediate will walk most of lower Longhorn and all of the rock garden. An upper intermediate might ride some of it but these are advanced/expert trails for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,339
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I would not recommend either Longhorn or the Hall rock garden to a "solid upper intermediate on techy downhills." An intermediate will walk most of lower Longhorn and all of the rock garden. An upper intermediate might ride some of it but these are advanced/expert trails for sure.
    Hmmm, I consider myself not much better than "upper intermediate", but maybe I am slightly betterer and less mediocre at this biking thing than I thought!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    6,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Hmmm, I consider myself not much better than "upper intermediate", but maybe I am slightly betterer and less mediocre at this biking thing than I thought!
    If you consider yourself upper intermediate then you are way more betterer at bikering than you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    3,937
    Lair of the Bear is a perfect option for what the most recent requester is asking for. There's a bit o' fun for everybody on that trail.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Posts
    1,404
    Thanks mags
    We rode Argo to Grubstake loop at Apex.
    Perfect choice, especially with our motel in Wheat Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •