Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Results 126 to 148 of 148
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,403
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,570
    Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    Would you join?

    Single Legacy Membership
    Cost
    • Initial membership fee of $80,000.00 ($85,600.00 tax included) is paid upon application.
    • Standard Single Legacy annual dues are waived through November 30, 2018. The member will pay standard Single Legacy dues beginning with the December 1, 2018 through November 30, 2019 dues year.
    • This offer expires March 1, 2018.

    Associated Fees
    Option 1 – Full Pay


    ▪ $65,000.00 ($69,550.00 tax included) paid upon application


    ▪ Standard Family Legacy annual dues are waived through November 30, 2018


    Option 2 – Three Payments


    ▪ $20,000.00 + $2,375.00 dues* ($23,941.25 tax included) paid upon application


    ▪ $20,000.00 + $2,375.00 dues* ($23,941.25 tax included) paid on March 31, 2018


    ▪ $25,000.00 ($26,750.00 tax included) paid on December 1, 2018


    ▪ *The member will pay 50% of the current standard Family Legacy annual dues. The dues are paid in the first two installments.


    This offer expires March 1, 2018.













  3. #128
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,403
    You didn't get a big tax break from Trump ? you poor thing
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    SUPER exclusive -> without lifts running or a hotel to bring in outsiders, you'll have the whole mountain to yourself:
    https://vtdigger.org/2018/10/30/herm...d-by-receiver/

    (Hoping for the best for Saddleback and its locals! But definitely not this crap)

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,403
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    SUPER exclusive -> without lifts running or a hotel to bring in outsiders, you'll have the whole mountain to yourself:
    https://vtdigger.org/2018/10/30/herm...d-by-receiver/

    (Hoping for the best for Saddleback and its locals! But definitely not this crap)
    glad I made that joke (sort of) since I grew up skiing Haystack (a step up from Prospect and a step down from MT Snow) I cut my ski teeth there. Country Club ski areas are bunk.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the north wind blows
    Posts
    647
    Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    glad I made that joke (sort of) since I grew up skiing Haystack (a step up from Prospect and a step down from MT Snow) I cut my ski teeth there. Country Club ski areas are bunk.
    I learned how to ski at Prospect, Haystack was a step down.

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    I learned how to ski at Prospect, Haystack was a step down.
    my dad is from Bennington. I grew up on the rope tow at the bottom, T bar to the top circa 1970. Haystack was a treat, Mt Slow was a big deal.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the north wind blows
    Posts
    647
    Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    my dad is from Bennington. I grew up on the rope tow at the bottom, T bar to the top circa 1970. Haystack was a treat, Mt Slow was a big deal.
    Opinions differ, skied Prospect from ‘78- ‘99, Nordic, 3pin, downhill, ski jump, snowboard, played broomball under the lights, I think my first kiss was at Prospects base lodge. Lots of good times with Koch, The Gov, Bucky, and Burger at Prospect. Skied Bromley, Stratton, Mt Snow, Brodie, Jiminy, Dutch hill all better in my opinion. Woodford State Park has more character than Haystack.

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maine Coast
    Posts
    2,689
    Quote Originally Posted by robrox View Post
    Sheriff's sale or foreclosure, makes little difference if the Berry's run out of funds. However, there is little likelihood of that, the Berry family is wealthy enough to keep on just as is for many decades.

    They love the place but are tired of managing it. They might also have estate planning concerns but their lawyer seems to know what he is about, so that may be an non-issue.
    If by lawyer you mean Farmer, then they are in trouble. That guy has his head up his ass and has lost them a ton of money.

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Opinions differ, skied Prospect from ‘78- ‘99, Nordic, 3pin, downhill, ski jump, snowboard, played broomball under the lights, I think my first kiss was at Prospects base lodge. Lots of good times with Koch, The Gov, Bucky, and Burger at Prospect. Skied Bromley, Stratton, Mt Snow, Brodie, Jiminy, Dutch hill all better in my opinion. Woodford State Park has more character than Haystack.
    True, but when you're 8, any lift and hill will do. We used to hike the snowmobile trails and build jumps in Maine when my parents wouldn't take us to Pleasant Mt. It was real back country on the rabbit trails we rode dirt bikes on. Ever run into the Anapoles at Prospect ? I went to Friends Academy with them and they had a house there for years. By 7th grade I wasn't getting up to grandma's in Bennington that much. Naples Maine, we had an old farmhouse for the weekends. That's how I found Saddleback, with my mom. Lost Valley, too. Sometimes even Sugarloaf.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,172
    Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    Exactly. The yocals I have to imagine would much prefer spinning lifts, since that's gonna bring a lot more $$$ back into town.
    While turning it into a touring epicenter would be rad, that can't possibly bring in the kind of dough and traffic that they had previously been pulling in.
    How much extra is RASTA really pumping into Rochester? ...
    Probably naught. The functional resort was bankrupts as well. Strip out the litftard infra-structure. Cover the place in Bike Trails. Rent e bikes to fat tourists, host massive events. Spend a little and make a little vs spend a ton and make a little. Maybe have a small lift or two functional on weekends, and groom and maintain a fraction of the place. I might move there.

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the north wind blows
    Posts
    647
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Probably naught. The functional resort was bankrupts as well. Strip out the litftard infra-structure. Cover the place in Bike Trails. Rent e bikes to fat tourists, host massive events. Spend a little and make a little vs spend a ton and make a little. Maybe have a small lift or two functional on weekends, and groom and maintain a fraction of the place. I might move there.
    The “functional resort” was bankrupt! Didn’t know this, please give links to the bankruptcy filings.

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,403
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Probably naught. The functional resort was bankrupts as well. Strip out the litftard infra-structure. Cover the place in Bike Trails. Rent e bikes to fat tourists, host massive events. Spend a little and make a little vs spend a ton and make a little. Maybe have a small lift or two functional on weekends, and groom and maintain a fraction of the place. I might move there.
    NOW you're talkin' . No lifts just trails. no grooming. Sno Bikes and snowmobiles. Pretty sure there's trails all over up there. Close to Rangley Lake, right ?

    if they can save mt abram, why not ?
    https://unofficialnetworks.com/2018/...ountain-maine/
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    I wouldn’t say suffering greatly. The town has one of the largest snowmobile clubs in Maine. The town is also pretty busy in the summer and fall. Of course the influx of another user group would greatly help the local economy, but realistically the town is not going to wither and die based on the operating of the ski area.
    Is there a brewery anywhere close ? just curious. Finally read the thread from page 1.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Back in the barrel again
    Posts
    1,720
    Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    If by lawyer you mean Farmer, then they are in trouble. That guy has his head up his ass and has lost them a ton of money.
    Possibly. He seemed rather upset when I warned about Majella being bogus, called me "negative". Then again so did a lot of Saddleback wishful thinkers.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,570
    Boston investment firm offers to buy Saddleback

    https://www.pressherald.com/2019/03/...yVXYOdSwsxJfrY







  17. #142
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    DownEast
    Posts
    220
    Thanks for the link but we’ve heard it all before. I’d love to see the lifts spin there again but I’ll believe it when they start loading chairs. Call us Mainers a skeptical bunch. Until then it’s a nice skin up for laps in a good snow year like this. Props to the Berry’s for allowing access. He was my Geology professor in College.

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    10,735
    Still moving along


    newenglandskiindustry.com
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maine Coast
    Posts
    2,689
    Yesterday was supposed to be the signing of the intent to buy with an early November closing. Hope is to have a soft opening with only the t-bar running this Winter and then lift and much needed infrastructure work done next summer. Guessing they are looking at a volunteer operation this winter with super cheap prices. Likely outcome is that it will remain an uphill only mountain for another winter. Snowmobiles have not been welcome in the past.

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    2,208
    I know nothing, but I’d be very skeptical of any opening this year. I hope it works out.

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,267
    I'm really hoping this works out. I loved Saddleback on my lone visit and would love to go back. My brother just started a job at U of Maine, so I have more reason to be in the state in any case.

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    189
    https://www.theirregular.com/article...zYWaYBNTRZ7Ols

    Anyone have updates? The story has gone cold

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,570

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •