Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Seems that, with some liners, Dynafit has kissed off descent quality...for weight savings for the Euro-racers...y/n?

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    Here's the important question:

Did anyone who got this boot like it enough that they wouldn't like to try a Hawx 130 or Dalbello 130? I know I would...
    I gotta a couple boots for you to try. And we're the same size - c'est magnifique

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    Was in touch with Salewa again. Apparently I'm one of the only ones experiencing the buckle ladder issue. This boggles my brain as I've never ever ever experienced such a problem in 29 years of skiing. The odd buckle has let go from age after multiple seasons of use or upon a freak impact but never have I broken 6+ buckle ladders in exactly the same place in exactly the same way.

Salewa said they will send replacements and that the previous ones sent to me must have been lost in the mail...

I'm frankly a bit shocked that there aren't a pile of others having this problem. I just broke another one a few days ago.

Salewa folks are nice FWIW.
    Haha that's funny they told you that, I've broken the instep buckle ladder on my left boot twice now, right in the same place. Happens when I tighten my boots at the top of a run. I contacted Salewa and they sent me some replacements though it took awhile for them to arrive, and in the meantime I went to about every ski shop in SLC and steamboat to find a replacement.... I couldn't find any other boot ladders that work with the buckle. Finally, stopped into Skimo and they stock the ladders even though they don't carry the boot.

After just about a full season on these, I will say that I like them a lot. My only previous touring boot were maestrales and these are noticably stiffer and tour much better. The stock liners have really packed out, to the point that I need to replace them and my foot feels like its swimming in there. But overall, they are much stiffer than most touring boots I have tried on and ski pretty descent.

Would I ski them in bounds over my alpine boots? Hell no, they are noticable softer than my lange rx130s.

I have the non-carbon verison.

Has anyone cut the extra tab on the upper cuff buckles? The plastic that overhangs with scissor indicator?
    it's for people who want to move the buckles?

I moved my buckles over, but didn't bother to cut that tab, I figured a little extra plastic won't hurt and might even help retain some of the stiffness of the boot

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    I moved my buckles over, but didn't bother to cut that tab, I figured a little extra plastic won't hurt and might even help retain some of the stiffness of the boot
    Same.

Had my leashes attached to my toe buckle. Didn't work out too well, the cable ripped out of its slot and now I'm stuck trying to get it back in. the plastic that would normally work to hold the buckle wire in place is still intact. Thinking I will drill the rivet out and re rivet when the cable is in place again. Anyone see any issues?

Just used a screw driver to lever and create enough room to re route wire. Is it an in built safety mechanism to have it rip out? Is it a good thing in avy terrain?
    Anyone bought new liners yet? What did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by phallic-menace View Post
    Just used a screw driver to lever and create enough room to re route wire. Is it an in built safety mechanism to have it rip out? Is it a good thing in avy terrain?
    They are beastly with intuition luxury liners, but ROM is reduced if I don't open the boots all the way. I used to take the wire loops completely out of the catches. I cut the original buckles and installed snowboarding buckles. Way better.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by phallic-menace View Post
    I'm in intuition pro tours. Seems like a good combo to me.

Does anyone have a convincing case for buying this boot? There are several retailers who have put them on significant discount, enough to pay for new liners. I'm more worried about the durability of the shell

So we are on to the Dynafit Beast Boot

Seems like a bit of a crap shoot. Some (like me) have had no problems (at least not yet). Others have had leaking boots and buckles break every time they even think about touring. Unfortunately, you're going to have to make a judgement call on how much risk you're willing to accept. My experience has been literally flawless. Based upon that, I could probably make a convincing case for buying the boot. For me, they fit well, tour pretty well, and ski great. I have a pair of TLT6s to balance these out.

However, others would probably have a different story to tell.

Good luck with the decision.

Seth

P.S. I did think of one thing I don't like. My toes get really cold. That's about it, though.
    Last edited by sethschmautz; 08-29-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Approaching 50 days touring on the beast. Still very happy. Will replace liner when the stock is dead, it'll ski even better with a pro tour.
    Out all my boots in the past 2 years this has given me the least problems. Scarpa freedom rs chewed up by alpine binders, tecnica mach 1 cracked shell, lange rx buckles broken from metal on metal grinding in 3 weeks, rossignol all track pulled buckles out of the shell

The SHELL is awesome. I would buy a second pair at a significant discount. With liners and mods I use them almost exclusively, including resort skiing. I'd like to have a spare for the future. I'm sure future touring boots will improve, but these will be great for resort use for many years.

So what's dynafits plan for this last in the future?

How wide skis are you guys driving with your Beast boots?

I kind of like my beast boots and have had no issues with buckles breaking etc. The only problem has been the liner, which flat out sucks.

I'm usually driving a 112 mm ski with these boots, but are now considering using them on my Lotus 138. Am I just batshit crazy for thinking this, or could this actually work?

So we are on to the Dynafit Beast Boot

Replaced my liners out of the box, f n horrible. Currently on 118’s coming from 116’s, can’t imagine an issue driving 138’s, boots are legit.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

115 underfoot. I agree - can't imagine having a problem with the 138s. They seem plenty stiff to me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

ok!

Thanks guys, I'll mount em up!

Haven't done any research but how do the Beasts fit compared to the Vulcans in terms of shell shape?
    Master of mediocrity.

Somebody else asked the same question earlier this summer and I tried to remember. 2-3 years ago I sold my original Vulcans and bought my khions but I held onto my pro tour liners. My memory is that they were similar but the khion/beast shell was shaped a little different and I had to remold my liners. My initial feeling was that they were tighter over the instep - but didn't have quite the same heel hold. Not bad, just not as tight. 2-3 years ago is hard to remember, though.

They don't tour as well as the Vulcans but they flex stiffer and I don't feel them ever fold in hard forward flexes like would occasionally happen in the Vulcans. I use mine too drive RPCs for inbounds and slackcountry and picked up a pair of tlt6ps for touring.

Seth

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Thanx Seth. Great beta.
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLarger View Post
    ok!

Thanks guys, I'll mount em up!
    What binding are you goint to use?
    I also consider using Beasts on ARG and have concerns if any pin binding will handle wide ski width with increased tension force to binding. God I want to catch some pow on ARGs with Beasts on.

Bump on binding to use on armada arg to stick to beasts. Salo shift maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by ququba View Post
    Bump on binding to use on armada arg to stick to beasts. Salo shift maybe?
    Bumping this to find this answer. Are shifts compatible with beasts? Can’t find anything definitive. I was under the impression the boot was released pre iso 9523 norms and that is why it’s not advertised as such.