Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Gave a call last week and was told early November. Replied that was next week (this one) and they said probably the one after that. The ms version has been for sale in Europe for a while now and is showing up in some US locations. Guessing the carbon is just around the corner.
    I figured. I'm just being (annoying and) impatient. :-) I sent an email to Dynafit also to make sure the boots I sent in were received. I never received confirmation on this in the past.

Hope they come soon!

Yeah I emailed the rep yesterday. Was told "within the next few weeks." Non-carbon version is already in.

Is there a deadline for sending them in?

Update:

Hey Seth,

Thank you for reaching out and checking in! We did receive your boots and we are currently just waiting to get the Beast Carbon in our warehouse. We are expecting the boots sometime in late November and we will get the new boots shipped your way soon thereafter. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Thank you,
    Customer Service Rep
    Alison

Late Nov probably means early Dec if all goes well...

Seth

Well fuck. I was hoping for early season turns....
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

So I got my replacement Beasts (non-carbon version)... along with a Canada Customs bill for $166.87.

I believe warranty replacements are supposed to be exempt from customs charges, but Salewa NA did not indicate on the customs form that it was a recall/warranty replacement. Furthermore, they put the value for customs at $899.95 US, even though their own website lists it at $799.95 US, and Canadian retailers are now selling it at $869 Canadian. This meant I had to pay 13% on the converted amount of $1207 Canadian, plus a brokerage fee.

Have any other Canucks had a similar experience?

Glad to hear that they are shipping. I have no helpful info.

Well the ms is shipping, but that has been in stores for a while and Dynafit promised to get the recall boots out before retail.

TrueNorth, I hope you are able to find some relief on the bill. Good heads up though for anyone else in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
    So I got my replacement Beasts (non-carbon version)... along with a Canada Customs bill for $166.87.

I believe warranty replacements are supposed to be exempt from customs charges, but Salewa NA did not indicate on the customs form that it was a recall/warranty replacement. Furthermore, they put the value for customs at $899.95 US, even though their own website lists it at $799.95 US, and Canadian retailers are now selling it at $869 Canadian. This meant I had to pay 13% on the converted amount of $1207 Canadian, plus a brokerage fee.

Have any other Canucks had a similar experience?
    Fuck that blows. Who did they ship it with? There are forms to get a refund from CBSA for taxes but you won't see a refund for processing fees. If they ship with UPS it would sting.

I might as well just exchange them at MEC.

Quote Originally Posted by mnd1980 View Post
    So wait are you saying if I bought mine from telemark pyrenees that they won't take my boots back?
    Any update on this? I caught the part about believing it was North America only but I haven't seen anything for sure. Basically what I am after is why wouldn't one purchase discounted Khions from a Euro site and then turn around and send them to Dynafit? I'm im the US if that matters.

Or is the Euro batch of Khions unaffected by the recall and I should just pick them up and ski them?

Any thoughts on the new fit or flex pattern? Is it still as progressive as before? Any changed to the fit of the boot at all?

Thanks!

Pretty sure the shell last is not changing, but that there is some strengthening in some stressed places in the plastic. New liners Dynafit is claiming are much better. Only review I have seen is Dostie's Earn your turns of a prototype. Powder has a review, but reads like they just printed what Dynafit sent them.

Hopefully showing up at folks doors in the next couple of weeks.

Latest update from Dynafit:

Hey Seth,

Thank you for checking in and we really appreciate your patience. I totally understand wanting to get the new boots asap. We are currently expecting the Beast Carbon to arrive early next week. We will get the new boots your way soon thereafter. We are definitely prioritizing our recall customers so we will make sure you get them as soon as we can make it happen.

Thank you,
    Customer Service Rep
    Alison

I'm hoping that means mid december...This is my only pair of boots.

Seth

I got the same reply early last week. So I guess it is good they are consistent. Fingers crossed.

I know at least one person has been sent the new one in a 26.5. New liner makes it pretty easy to get on and off and has a good out of the box fit. It comes with the new tech inserts (same as TLT7) as well as the new beast comparable heel fitting. Overall it fits my wide forefoot and roomy instep well, better over the instep than the ZeroG or MTN boots. Nice progressive flex, but less ROM than either the ZeroG or MTN.

My call today said early next week and then out as soon as processed in the warehouse.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Man, I hope you're right.

I asked dynafit about Canadian shipping. No reply since Monday.

”I own the recalled dynafit khions. I am a little concerned about how dynafit ships the replacement boots to Canada. I read multiple reports that Canadians have been charged around $200 in taxes and processing fees for the replacement boots. Warranty items should not be taxed if they are marked appropriately. How isdynafit dealing with this issue and what company is used for shipping”

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    I asked dynafit about Canadian shipping. No reply since Monday.

”I own the recalled dynafit khions. I am a little concerned about how dynafit ships the replacement boots to Canada. I read multiple reports that Canadians have been charged around $200 in taxes and processing fees for the replacement boots. Warranty items should not be taxed if they are marked appropriately. How isdynafit dealing with this issue and what company is used for shipping”
    To be fair, Canada is perhaps the most difficult country to ship to. Your import laws are fucked.

My boots were shipped by USPS/Canada Post, which is perhaps the best scenario (only $9.95 brokerage fee).

Ski boots are duty free to Canada, but subject to GST/PST/HST. I suspect that if Salewa/Dynafit had simply written "warranty replacement provided at no charge" or something to that effect on the customs form I would not have been charged anything. They also bungled it by declaring an inflated value -- if they had declared the actual Canadian retail price, or even better the wholesale price it wouldn't have been quite so bad.

I'm going to send in the forms to Canada Customs to appeal the charge, but haven't done it yet.

I got T-1's from telemark pyrennes no problem so my buddy trys the same thing and gets nailed because they wrote xc ski shoes instead of plastic ski boots it took 6 months to straighten out, so what gets written on the declaration can really fuck you up.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I am not too worried if they use USPS. Their brokerage fee is reasonable and the taxes can be recuped from CBSA. If they would have used ups it could have been way more expensive.

I shipped lots of stuff to Canada. I never been charged duty, only taxes.

Canadian Shipping Issues

For most all circumstances, replacements for the Beast/Beast Carbon are being shipped via Purolator, so there should be no duties or fees involved in receiving. If anyone has had to pay duties or fees, please contact the customer service department in North America.

Please include details of any brokerages that you may have incurred in your message. Thank you!

Somebody on TGR sent me a FREE pair of Dalbellos from Frisco, so I paypaled buddy the USPS cost and enough for a beer,

still cost me 60$ ...shipping ain't free
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Called Dynafit and the Carbons are in so mine should be at the door shortly. The carbons have a different liner than the non carbon beasts, heavier, stiffer, denser foam, warmer according to the rep, but sounds like Germany and US are having some language issues in quantifying the differences in the two liners.