Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Well I think the pumps all come with a dual valve
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

This seems true. But have you owned one yet that didn't suck a little from time to time?

Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post
    I've had complete opposite experience. Tried seating a couple tires and feel like the air rush doesn't cause enough force. I've had to resort to co2 cartridges for the extra push. That's been with Maxxis tires. Ymmv.

With that said, I still really like the pump for normal functions.
    I mainly run Maxxis and have had no issue. Occasionally it won't seat on the first try but that's because the tire wasn't on right. I've had the exact same issue with my compressor. Speaking of which...

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Even on sale, those booster pumps are pricey. With a little patience, I was able to find an off-brand compressor for ~$60. Not ideal for travel, but that need is super rare, and that's where C02 comes into play.
    I actually have a small, inexpensive compressor that's awesome; but my old roommates and the former downstairs neighbors at my place didn't take kindly to me running it, especially late at night when I usually have time to wrench. The pump is nice and quiet and travels way better than the compressor. Plus I used a 20% coupon to get it.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    anyone have experience with the schwalbe tire booster? i had the homemade soda bottle version in use for a while but it got too sketchy... thinking this might be the call
    I recently bought the Airshot (they actually make the Schwalbe Booster, it's exactly the same). It's legit for my needs. Not sure if it would work for a bigger tire like a 29+ since all I've seated with it is 2.5" or smaller 26" and 27.5" tires. I fill it up to 140psi since if I go higher than that it fucks up my floor pump. The woosh of air is very good and it even comes with a little adaptor that can be used if you want to pull the core. Definitely a strong woosh of air if you go that route. It's 1.5L and my only complaint is I wish it was more like 2L. When the tire is seated, the pressure tends to max out at about 20psi, so I still need to hit it with the pump, since I always like to take it up to 40psi with a new tire. Not to ride it, just to make sure it's completely set up.

I went with the Airshot because I wanted to be able to easily travel with it. I also have a Lezyne CNC Travel Floor Drive pump and both of them will fit into my gear back more easily than a standard floor pump. I've traveled a bunch with a regular floor pump and it's a pain in the ass. Just too three dimensional and constantly in the way of shit.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Anyone ever used something like this?

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/ai...YaAlMpEALw_wcB

Been wanting to switch to tubeless for a while but don't really want to invest in a compressor if I don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    Anyone ever used something like this?

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/ai...YaAlMpEALw_wcB

Been wanting to switch to tubeless for a while but don't really want to invest in a compressor if I don't have to.
    From that site:
    *Please note: There is a safety risk in using air compressors for seating tubeless tires. They are not made for bicycle tires.

Translation: Don't use a silly compressor. Buy our gadget instead!

Dear Specialized, fuck off.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Giant Air Tower 2 HV/HP. $50
    HV setting works great for seating Maxxis TR tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    If I hadn't gotten the JoeBlow for 50% off I'd be considering cancelling the order.
    PSA??? Still available?

Been meaning to say that the JoeBlow Booster has been working out great. Seated two 26" 2.5 DHFs and two 27.5 2.35 Hans Dampfs (true width more like a 2.6) first try no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    From that site:
    *Please note: There is a safety risk in using air compressors for seating tubeless tires. They are not made for bicycle tires.

Translation: Don't use a silly compressor. Buy our gadget instead!

Dear Specialized, fuck off.
    See, I'd probably buy this since I have a decent floor pump and my compressor isn't strong enough...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

My old Joe Blow Sport has been a piece of shit for about a year now. Rebuilt a couple of times, which is a pain in the ass since it's not designed to be taken apart.
    Looking to upgrade and treat myself to something nice. Want something that'll last. Want something that can be rebuilt but won't need to be very often. Want something that feels nice rather than looks nice (cant stand shit with poor tolerances).

Lezyne.

https://www.lezyne.com/products-floo...p#floorpumpshv

Rebuild is literally unscrewing the chamber by hand and replacing two "O" rings.

Last long, simple, accurate, tight tolerances.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Silca they can be worth the $$$$

I also have a park tool pump that works for a toss around. Every few years I get a $5 rebuild kit.

I need a good head. Bad head can be maddening! You can quote me on that.
    Threaded Lezyne heads make me want to claw my eyes out. Have used a bunch of Park pumps with really crappy heads. I guess you could say, I don’t like head in the park.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

In my 35 years of wrenching, the Park pump was absolutely the worst.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

This head is the best one I've tried:

https://silca.cc/collections/replace...ss-presta-head

I have a whole quiver of floor pumps (including two Lezynes) but the only ones I use now are old Silca track pumps that have been rebuilt with that head and this gauge. If buying a new pump I'd look at this one:

https://silca.cc/collections/floor-p...floor-pump-red

It even comes in red for extra speed.

+1 on Silca Pista with that head. Has always worked and easily repaired and/or maintained.

Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Boom

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    +1 on Silca Pista with that head. Has always worked and easily repaired and/or maintained.
    Or, the pista with a Hirame head.
    Just make sure the head migrates to whatever new pump comes next, it's not cheap, but it will likely outlast you.

https://velowurks.com/prime-floor-pump/
    Just ordered one of these off a friends recommendation. $65 on Amazon. Supposedly Poor Man’s Silca