Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Best floor pump for the $$?

My Joe Blow is coming apart every time I use it - it's time for a replacement. Would like to keep the cost down less than $40. Any recommendations?

Seth

See the "Best Buy" at $35. Looks like a legit review.

http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Bike-Pump-Reviews

Or the option for people who hate money .... https://silca.cc/products/silca-cust...ant=5055368516
    Last edited by huckbucket; 07-29-2016 at 05:28 PM.

I have an older version of the nashbar l' orange. I have used and abused this pump and it works. Ran over it with the pickup and still works. The newer version has changed a few things. The old head worked for both presta and schrader without adjusting anything which I loved. The new one requires flipping stuff inside the head. Okay but annoying.

Honestly? Get another Joe Blow, or better yet, just repair the one you have. You can get all the replacement parts for it.

cheapest one with a gauge? Right?

Or, are bikes being replaced with pokomons, so, we need to support local, some dude I bet hand makes pumps with recycled parts from a junkyard with a collection of different pumps......hahahaha, hipsters.

I accept paypal and i'll be here all day!
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

I know you said $40 but the Bontrager Charger is kickass. I didn't want to like it but it has become my go to pump unless I'm dialing in fatbike tires then the gauge isn't accurate enough at low pressures. If you're only doing high volume mt bike tires there are a few low pressure pumps that are great. I have the Specialized one and it is great, puts out a high enough volume that I can also use it for topping off my car tires. Neither of these is inexpensive but they both do their job really well.

Also, Blackburn sells a replacement pump head for around $5 that automatically adjusts to Schrader or presta, and fits on other brands' hoses. I used it on an old Silca pump - works better than the friction fit head style that came with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Thanks! I'll probably buy another Joe Blow. Thanks for the link to the review. I may also look into replacement parts - thanks for the heads up.

Lezyne Sport Drive floor pump is $50 and will easily outlast a Joe Blow (I've had both). The presta head takes a little getting used to but works well once you get the hang of it.

Or find an old Silca track pump at a garage sale or whatever and fix it up, most can be fixed with a new washer and maybe plunger. Might need an external gauge or get one at an auto parts store and retrofit.

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    My Joe Blow is coming apart every time I use it - it's time for a replacement. Would like to keep the cost down less than $40. Any recommendations?

Seth
    I bought A Bell (Air Attack 700) @ Walmart 3 years ago. It's been holding up well. And I use it a lot.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I will second the Nashbar pump. I have the newer orange one and I love it. High pressure no problem, not bad on high volume tires either. Flipping the head around for presta/schrader is a non issue. Takes 5 seconds and I cant imagine most people flipping it very often. I probably only use it for schrader once a year or so.

For $50, I have one of these in my car and one in the garage. Both are +3 years old and doing great.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/ac...or-pump/105468

Lezyne Alloy Dirt Floor Drive Pump

Just reclaimed one of these from my parents, been killing it for ~20 years:

$32 on sale: http://www.bikewagon.com/pedro-s-pre...T1HhoCn-nw_wcB

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5024-6...-Floor-Pump-II

I got 3 of these they were 25$ but the price has gone up to 29$ and they all work great

so why do I have 3 ?

Cuz they are so fuckign cheap i got one in my shop out the back for airing up the mtn bike tires, one in my entrance way where i bring my road bike out of the dining room and one at my girlfriends house
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5024-6...-Floor-Pump-II

.... one in my entrance way where i bring my road bike out of the dining room ....
    You read that right folks, xxx-er does indeed keep his road bike in his dinning room.

I grabbed a blackburn airtower shop from pricepoint for $35 a couple weeks ago, but looking today it's gone.

Funny as I wonder what was going on there, but it appears they are going out of business.

The Beto I posted the link to is a chinese made pump that gets branded/resold by other companies, I have seen it repainted green with a different handle and sold by Pedro up here for twice as much $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    You read that right folks, xxx-er does indeed keep his road bike in his dinning room.
    well one can always eat/drink at the bar just watch out for those sharp corners !
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Can't speak towards this one.. but the $$ is right on SAC right now

http://www.steepandcheap.com/serfas-...BPZmY6MTozOg==
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    I grabbed a blackburn airtower shop from pricepoint for $35 a couple weeks ago, but looking today it's gone.

Funny as I wonder what was going on there, but it appears they are going out of business.
    Who, pricepoint?

I have a steel huffy floor pump one of my friends gave me in first grade as a birthday present. Thing is still bomber 35 years later!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    I have a steel huffy floor pump one of my friends gave me in first grade as a birthday present. Thing is still bomber 35 years later!
    That's got to be some sort of record
    They don't make stuff like they used to!!
    skid luxury

I've never seen a floor pump fall apart. Hoses and heads, yes, all the time. Just find a replacement hose or head for $10 if that's your actual issue.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Really? The internals can go bad like anything else. Depending on the model it may or may not be repairable. Most common IME is the gauge stops working or the plunger stops making a seal. With cheaper pumps I've seen broken feet, handles, and even barrels.

And yes, PricePoint is gone (as of today).

^ I guess I've never had a crappy floor pump. My current one is 15 years old, and I think I paid $25 for it.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell